collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me the ponies you'd rescue from a fire!  (Read 3433 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Show me the ponies you'd rescue from a fire!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 11:30:24 PM »
Maddie I'd sell him to you but...I kinda sleep with him....he's emotionally fragile and wouldn't like to be customized.  He was looking at me fearfully and didn't calm down until I curled up with him.

remember a while back I posted asking about him and Pikashoes posted this picture:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I notice by the image name he seems to be a Costco product?  Don't know if that will help you find one...hope you find one.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
So in May of last year my house DID burn down!  My thoughts were not on ponies at all.  I grabbed my kids and our pets and ran for it.  20 minutes later the fire department arrived and my mind started functioning normally again.  I started screaming at them to put out the fire in the master bedroom where I had a corner cabinet filled with some expensive ponies.  Greek Ladybird and a bunch of other Nirvanas.  I also had my flutters with wings and my brother ponies with accessories in there.  When the fire was out the house was a complete loss.  They let me go in to see what we could find and I was shocked to find that the cabinet didn't burn!  It got hot and melted the wings off my flutters and singed some hair.  I have to replace about four of them.  The rest are fine!  Sadly I lost all of my accessories, about 15 years worth of collecting.  But that's ok!  I get to start hunting for them again.  The best part in my scenario is that the bulk of my collection was in the basement and everything survived including all of my MOCs which would have been devastating to lose!

But to answer the original question.  If I would have been thinking about it the two I would grab is Applejack and Baby Applejack.  My absolute favorite ponies! (They were in the cabinet and are completely fine ;))

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 11:10:44 AM »
Sorry no pictures but I have my collection set up with this situation. I have my childhood ponies: medley, skyflyer, bride pony, merry treat, twinkle, sunspot, Tiffany, and primrose in a box stand. I can actually grab that box stand with one hand and carry them out. My other ponies lost their lived to my mom throwing them into a burn pile, I will not let a fir take them as well:p hahaha.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Show me the ponies you\'d rescue from a fire!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
Drooling over your Gusty babies!! Those have been grails of mine for years!

Thank you!  :lovey: They were my grails forever too.

Those are very very cute!  Which one isn't a unicorn?

Not sure if you're referring to my baby Gusty's but if you are, the earth pony Gusty is Brazillian. The unicorn is UK. :)

Post Merge: January 22, 2017, 12:23:52 PM

So in May of last year my house DID burn down!  My thoughts were not on ponies at all.  I grabbed my kids and our pets and ran for it.  20 minutes later the fire department arrived and my mind started functioning normally again.  I started screaming at them to put out the fire in the master bedroom where I had a corner cabinet filled with some expensive ponies.  Greek Ladybird and a bunch of other Nirvanas.  I also had my flutters with wings and my brother ponies with accessories in there.  When the fire was out the house was a complete loss.  They let me go in to see what we could find and I was shocked to find that the cabinet didn't burn!  It got hot and melted the wings off my flutters and singed some hair.  I have to replace about four of them.  The rest are fine!  Sadly I lost all of my accessories, about 15 years worth of collecting.  But that's ok!  I get to start hunting for them again.  The best part in my scenario is that the bulk of my collection was in the basement and everything survived including all of my MOCs which would have been devastating to lose!

But to answer the original question.  If I would have been thinking about it the two I would grab is Applejack and Baby Applejack.  My absolute favorite ponies! (They were in the cabinet and are completely fine ;))

I'm so sorry you actually had this happen to you, so scary! I'm relieved that most of your collection was ok though and no one was hurt.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:23:52 PM by Shy Violet »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
So in May of last year my house DID burn down!  My thoughts were not on ponies at all.  I grabbed my kids and our pets and ran for it. 
Oh, wow! So glad you made it out okay. That would be terrifying!

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2017, 08:38:48 PM »
So in May of last year my house DID burn down!  My thoughts were not on ponies at all.  I grabbed my kids and our pets and ran for it. 
Oh, wow! So glad you made it out okay. That would be terrifying!
What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it!  :lovey:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Show me the ponies you\'d rescue from a fire!
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2017, 02:14:05 PM »
My ponies ARE my loved ones, so from the way you worded the question I must hope that all of my ponies are safe!

But in a real situation, I'd probably go down with the ship. I wouldn't be able to leave my ponies to die in the fire!

Okay, okay -- you want me to really answer the question? I would definitely grab Bright Eyes (MLP Tales). Not sure who the second one would be... maybe my perfectly flocked Gusty? But considering my ponies are mostly packed away right now, I'd have trouble grabbing specific ones. And I also can't take pictures atm. :(

Post Merge: January 24, 2017, 02:16:18 PM

What a horrifying but also somewhat relieving story! I'm glad you and your ponies were mostly okay!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
Thanks everyone!  It was traumatic at the time but we are all safe and the house is being rebuilt.  My ponies are mostly fine and my family is completely safe.  Best scenario for that kind of thing to happen.

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
Reading this thread makes me want to build a fireproof safe in the wall to store my ponies and money in. And also make a bed in there - I'm terribly scared of fire  :lookround:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »
Maddie I'd sell him to you but...I kinda sleep with him....he's emotionally fragile and wouldn't like to be customized.  He was looking at me fearfully and didn't calm down until I curled up with him.

remember a while back I posted asking about him and Pikashoes posted this picture:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I notice by the image name he seems to be a Costco product?  Don't know if that will help you find one...hope you find one.

I'm about 99% sure we had these at Kohls back in December as well

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal