collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I feel like I have been bamboozled :(  (Read 905 times)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I feel like I have been bamboozled :(
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »
I have been wanting to get a Celeste doll from Moondreamers for a very long time.  I finally found one on eBay and I made a couple offers to the seller and I bought it.  When the doll arrived she had a homemade headband and the wrong tights. No mention was made of this in the listing.  The only item that is hers is her dress.  I went back and looked at the photos and they are the same :( I feel stupid and cheated.  Would you guys mention this to the seller or just forget about it?  I wish it would have been mentioned in the listing.  They sell 80's toys all of the time and I assume they are a collector.  I'm just really sad about it.  I wouldn't have paid that price if I knew she only had her dress and no other accessories.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I have been bamboozled :(
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 11:48:18 AM »
I also collect Moondreamers and know how pricey Celeste can be.  I would definitely message the seller and tell her she did not mention these items were not original.  She might or might not have known that depending on if she is a collector or it was just one of her childhood toys.  I would also ask for a partial refund and see what she says.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »
My thought on it that if it said it was the original parts maybe you can talk to the seller but otherwise it's up to you to look over the photos of what you are buying. Hopefully you'll enjoy your doll anyway.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
My thought on it that if it said it was the original parts maybe you can talk to the seller but otherwise it's up to you to look over the photos of what you are buying. Hopefully you'll enjoy your doll anyway.

I feel like its up to the buyer AND seller to do their homework on an item for sale.  I guess it was just overlooked by both this time.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
I think initially its fair to think the seller should have described it but, as has been mentioned, it may simply not have been something they noticed. Likewise, were the images detailed enough for you to be able to tell? You do need to be eagle eyed on ebay sometimes as well as accept that images are there to ensure you can see and make a decision on what you are getting.

I am never a fan of partial refunds. If the item was decribed as having original accessories, I would simply ask to return the item as not as described. This way you have your money ready to shop all over again for her when she pops back up.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal