collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Do You Like To Read?  (Read 2991 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Like To Read?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 04:34:15 PM »
I really like horror, one of my favorite authors being the late Richard Laymon.

I also like paranormal romances, two of my favorites being Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole.

My guilty pleasure is Amish romances.....two of my favs being Jennifer Beckstrand and Wanda Brunstetter.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
I used to exclusively read thrillers and mysteries, but I've branched out in the last few years into the YA, paranormal and fantasy stuff that I didn't enjoy when I was younger because of the romantic undertones and sub-plots. Funny how as a teenager I couldn't stand the idea of love or relationships in anything I read. Now I'm married and in my late 20's, I thoroughly enjoy them, although I don't enjoy books that are completely romance-based. I've really gone off thrillers since I got pregnant, they seem to jack up my anxiety. Damn hormones, I normally quite enjoy them! I'm dying to read Caroline Kepnes' - You, but I dare not read it until after bub is born, and my hormones die down a bit. I couldn't even get through Pierce Brown's Red Rising!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Pinkdragon310

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Excited about cartoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
I'm mostly into fantasy novels, like Harry Potter, as I'm someone who's into fantasy in any medium, and I even have a fantasy novel series planned, although, I'm not very good at writing, so that will have to wait a while.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »
I'm not a book person, that is, I don't read a lot of books. But then again I am a book person, I just always stick to the same books. XD

IT by Stephen King and Crusade In Jeans by Thea Beckman are my ultimate favourites. I read both of them at least once or twice a year, and when I've finished them, I still keep thinking about the stories for weeks.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »
I love the House of Night series! I'm reading the Shadowhunters books right now and am really enjoying them.

My favorite series is the Warriors book series, though I know they're geared toward younger readers (I've been reading them since middle school) and I currently have over 40 of the books, each of which I've read several times...

~Leafy

Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 02:23:37 AM »
I love reading <3 Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert, then I love my canine psychology books, books about coastal animal life, and the last book I read was a book about the ship the Essex and what happened to her and her crew. In the back of the book was a list of books covering more ground in detail so I want to get those now too. I also have natural history reference books everywhere, because they are awesome.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »
I love reading <3 Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Herbert, then I love my canine psychology books, books about coastal animal life, and the last book I read was a book about the ship the Essex and what happened to her and her crew. In the back of the book was a list of books covering more ground in detail so I want to get those now too. I also have natural history reference books everywhere, because they are awesome.

Koontz is one of my favorite authors. What are your favorite books by him?

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »
I read and write almost solely epic fantasy. I love the feeling of escape and adventure that comes with slipping into a world that isn't our own :) Every once in a while, an urban fantasy can grab me, but it takes a very skilled writer to get me to suspend my disbelief in those settings.

Besides my own world of Abaeloth (shameless plug ;) ), my favorite fantasy worlds are DragonLance's Krynn and Brandon Sanderson's Roshar. Unfortunately, a few semesters of creative writing classes in college obliterated my ability to turn off my inner editor, so I've become a *very* picky reader since my brain's always on the hunt for things that are done "wrong." I'm working on trying to fix this so I can get back to reading for pure enjoyment, and am anxious to try out some of the recommendations you guys have posted!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »

So many! I love The Good Guy, the Odd series, but I think Innocence is my fave.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

I've read the Good Guy, but haven't read the Odd series or Innocence. My favorites would be False Memory, The Face, Darkest Evening of the Year, One Door Away From Heaven, The Husband, Intensity, and Midnight.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 12:51:25 AM »

I've read the Good Guy, but haven't read the Odd series or Innocence. My favorites would be False Memory, The Face, Darkest Evening of the Year, One Door Away From Heaven, The Husband, Intensity, and Midnight.
[/quote]

The Face is great :D Not sure which of the others I have read, will have to look at my bookshelf! I have too many books lol.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

The Face is great :D Not sure which of the others I have read, will have to look at my bookshelf! I have too many books lol.
[/quote]

I forgot to add two other good ones: The Bad Place and House of Thunder.

I highly, highly recommend the Darkest Evening of the Year and House of Thunder if you haven't already those two.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:41:36 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

I forgot to add two other good ones: The Bad Place and House of Thunder.

I highly, highly recommend the Darkest Evening of the Year and House of Thunder if you haven't already those two.
[/quote]

I haven't read those yet, I will keep an eye out for them, thanks :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
My favorite series of books is The Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville.  He took a while in between each book so by the time the last book was out I was well into my adult hood.  I know they're middle school books but I don't care.  I also like R.L. Stine's series The Fear Street Saga..the first three books then some of the remaining books after that which tie into the story line.  I'm also a fan of the older books which came out after The Blair Witch Project called The Blair Witch Files.  Someone here recommended I try The Unicorns of Balinor and I did manage to get all the books and really enjoyed them.  But, like all the other fans I was disappointed by how the series ended suddenly and felt incomplete.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal