collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: looking for info; victoria ashlea music box cat doll!  (Read 624 times)

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
looking for info; victoria ashlea music box cat doll!
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
found this girl today, and thought she was super cute! now im interested; does anyone know anything about her? ive tried looking online but im not finding too much, so i figured i should try here.

her tag says shes a victoria ashlea original from 1983. she has a metal tab on her back that can be wound up to play a little tune.

here she is!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

dorsal view

Spoiler

im hoping to sew her dress back up, and give her a bit of other TLC so shes back in tip-top shape! shes so sweet, it makes me want to get her a lil bed and everything  ^.^

thanks for any help!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: looking for info; victoria ashlea music box cat doll!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »
I don't know anything about her, but just wanted to mention that she is super cute!  ^.^

Hope you find out some information. I wonder if there was a line of them. If so.. I'm gonna need them all! lol

ETA:

I searched them on both google images and ebay and found that they did indeed make a bunch of different ones. Not just cats too! I saw an adorable Pig one on ebay. I searched "victoria ashlea cat doll" and "victoria ashlea original cat dolls" and that's how I got some to turn up. Many are they freaking adorable.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:22:51 PM by karrie91 »

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: looking for info; victoria ashlea music box cat doll!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »
aww, she's super adorable! and the tune-playing function also sounds very cute :)
I don't think I've ever seen a doll like her before, so I can't offer help or information about her unfortunately :( I hope someone else will know more about the line!

if you decide to make or buy preps like a bed for her, do take some pictures, I'd love to see her in a little setup made for her! ^^

ETA: I also did a google image search, and d'awwww, they are so cute! I'm not really into porcelain dolls, let alone collecting them, but I'm sure a doll like this would have come home with me too if I found one in a thrift store or second hand shop.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:24:40 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal