collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-mlp model horses!  (Read 1014 times)

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
Non-mlp model horses!
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:52:27 PM »
Hey there everyone  ^.^ I felt like sharing a little story and picture of one of my earliest equine companions, a 1995ish Grand Champions thoroughbred mare (though I christened her "george" when I was 4 and she's been male ever since  :lol:)

My sister and I used to play with our toy horses together as children, and we usually had our dolls ride on our my little ponies, grand champions, or other fakies/doll horses. I actually remember being most fond of George--or as I called him, "Dorge".  I still keep him in my bedroom, usually hanging out on my shelf below my ponies or next to my other figurines and dolls.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As you can see, his hair is wild and poofy despite my attempts at taming it. He's also got some paint wear and loads of scuffs and mysterious stains. One of them is some sort of clay, since I used to like making clay pies to "feed" my toys :P You can even see my faded name that my mom wrote on his belly 20 years ago.

I think what's most funny about his paint wear on his nose, eyes, and feet is that those areas are so worn down because I used to chew on them as a kid. I'm amazed there's no teeth marks. That's how you know a little kid really loves their toys---they try to eat them  :lol:

Anyway, does anyone else have any non-mlp toy horses that hung out with their herds, such as breyers and the like? I'm curious to hear!

[moving to Toy Box ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:03:42 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Non-mlp model horses!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Looks like Gray Willow. Some of my ponies are sharing shelf space with my Grand Champions. I also collect Breyers, Schleich, Safari Ltds., dollar store horses and Kid Connections.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rainshower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »
I have a mini herd of Grand Champions horses from when I was a kid. Some have also been found while thrifting and have been added to the collection. They were my first repaint projects due to getting sharpie all over them when I got back into collecting and tried to fix them up. They sit on top of my office desk mixed in with the other model horse figures I have. I played with them and my Barbies a lot.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
I loved Grand Champions as much as mlp when I was a kid. We also played with lanards and the alicorn fakies and simba fakies, as well as barbie horses.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
Aww, cute story! I definitely loved Grand Champions growing up and had (and still have) a ton. They had their own little world and didn't mix with my ponies, but my mini Grand Champions (the 1-inch or smaller ones) did occasionally serve as toys for my baby ponies.

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 04:52:04 PM »
It's nice to hear everyone's stories!  ^.^ I'm glad there's more people who had grand champions like myself! I actually saw a few in a thrift store the other day, but I decided to leave them there since I don't actively collect them (they can be a fun find for someone else!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal