collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Obligatory introduction I choose you  (Read 516 times)

Offline ReadyForPasture

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Obligatory introduction I choose you
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:41 AM »
A bit late of an introduction, but I had completely forgotten I'd signed up for these forums.

Anyhow, I am ReadyforPasture, I am 34 years old, and I live in Denmark, Europe.

I got sucked into this whole ponyverse back in 2011 with the G4 ponies. I really don't like the term brony, but I guess that's what I am. Or were as I'm not really into the whole thing anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but those times have passed.

I've collected a stack of pony figures that I figure someone else will have more joy from, so I'll mostly be hanging out at the trading station.

Thanks for reading and having me here. Got questions or comments, don't be a stranger.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Obligatory introduction I choose you
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Sorry that you seem to be wandering away from pony pastures however I'm sure there will be many a collector here who will help your ponies find new homes :lovey:

lostpony

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:31 AM »
Hello, ReadyForPasture and welcome to the arena!  It's great to have you here.

I don't care for that term either and don't ascribe to it though I am a total pony addict.  I wonder, why are you losing interest in G4?

Have you seen any earlier generation stuff, or held any earlier generation ponies?  Maybe if you check out the older stuff you might fall in love with it.  You never know...I started with G4 and then quickly fell for the older gen ponies.

I hope you are enjoying reading stuff here, and maybe decide to join us in conversation or collecting or some art.  I notice you have a nice hand-drawn pony avatar pic...I really like it. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:19:21 AM by lostpony »

Offline ReadyForPasture

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

lostpony, I think my waning interest mainly stems from how the show has developed over the seasons. I think it peaked around season 3, and while I'm sure there's some great episodes in the later series I think its overall quality has dropped. The last I heard was that Princess whatshername had a baby, and I'm like "eh".
Also I don't like Discord. He was good as a oneshot character, but as a recurring one he's absolute trash.

It's a strange thing to try and rationalize, but there was also a big social thing about it; getting together with the other nerds to watch the show on livestream and talk about it on irc. And I think we just sort of drifted apart. I know a lot of the people I used to hang out with still watch and talk about it, but it just doesn't interest me anymore.

For the older gen ponies I've seen the Christmas movie with Minty, and the movie with the Smooze in it - btw you can't stop The Smooze, don't even try - but it just doesn't entertain me. Oh yeah, and that very first G1 episode where the evil guy turns ponies into dragons or something. That's so the 80s.

I didn't draw my avatar, but thanks anyway. It's Thunderlane who may possibly be the best pony.

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »
Yes the charm and elegance of the early seasons, and the camaraderie.

I got into Pony just over a year ago and watched it all at once, then came here and got motivated to watch G1 and loved that too.  The camaraderie has been very important to me and being so new I do worry about losing interest....there are some here who have been big fans of pony since the 80s and are still dedicated to it so I hope my obsession doesn't fade.

Lots of others also feel the first seasons were much better and they discuss it along with other things in the FiM forum.  If you haven't already, you might enjoy reading some over there.  Take your time and who knows, maybe your interest will rekindle...as the quality of the show might.  I'm disappointed things started early on haven't really been developed but I am hopeful that the show's creators might do better.  Feel free to have a look around and comment if you like, and see where it might lead you.

It's been nice talking with you.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 01:20:54 AM »
Welcome! Even though you've lost your interest I'm glad they brought you some joy while it lasted!
If you're looking to sell off some of your ponies, listing them would be a great step. Or you could set up a trade list in search of other things you're looking for :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, ReadyForPasture!

I have also come to fall out of love with G4 for the most part. I've decided to focus more on older ponies and the FIM comics. I used to be very active in the G4 community on tumblr, but everyone there has since gone their separate ways. Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal