collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am so pissed right now.  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I am so pissed right now.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »
I got a message from her again after I asked her a question.

My question was: "Did you sent her in a seperate enveloppe?"She replied with a simple "Yes". Which I think is a lie. If that was the case she would have brought it up in the first place and could have said something like. "It might still come because I sent her in a seperate enveloppe".

I will never deal with this person again. I think she just frogot to send it. And by reading my message which I wrote "Please send her because I paid shipping per Pony. Which means I paid for Ringlet's shipping as well". I think she just doesn't want to do that because she may feel she will not be this lucky this time and have to pay the ACTUAL shipping price.

I am so temtped to give her a negative on her Ebay profile.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 08:18:23 AM »
There are two separate issues at work here.

Firstly, the correct cost of postage for these ponies was not £2.85. As I think Sebby or Ringlets said above, it's a post office goof. That's a post office label, it couldn't have been done by the seller at home. Someone at a post office had to print it and stick it on the package when she took it in.

And as everyone from the UK has said, that's not an international mailing label. 2C means Second Class. That's a form of postage only available in the UK. So someone at her post office made an error on charging her. The only thing I don't understand is why you haven't been slapped with an inadequate postage notice, asking you to pay the difference. Unless, of course, that doesn't exist in the Netherlands, in which case, good.

The amount the seller charged you before she posted it was more correct with what it should have cost, if it had had tracking. It doesn't look like she went with tracking or a box, which means it probably wasn't as expensive as £15. But it should have been more than £2.85.

The thing is, although refunding you the shipping difference would be the morally right thing to do, because this looks like an error of the postal service, Ebay can't penalise her for overcharging you. If Ebay check the rates, they'll find that the rate you paid is closer to the real rate than the rate you received. There is also the possibility she did pay the full amount for your item to be posted, but the labels got muddled up. (A receipt would prove that). In which case, she'd be reluctant to refund as she'd be out of pocket. And ultimately she might not be clear herself what the charge was.

The fact there was a missing pony is a different issue. You are owed your pony or a refund for the full cost of pony and her shipping, I would imagine, if she doesn't arrive. The fact the seller has sent her separately may be true if she originally intended to ship like that. The pony may have already been packaged and that's why. But given the mess up over the mailing label, it's possible something else also got messed up here at the post office and that's why you haven't had the packages together. And, if Ringlets has been sent correctly, she will have the correct kind of postage cost on her envelope.

I suspect that what she should have paid for your package plus the postage for Ringlets on her own should add up to around £15. Providing Ringlets arrives.

I am still bemused at how that package got to Holland with the wrong label on it, but I guess you should just take the fact it got to you as a bonus...

It might be that she forgot Ringlets and has now sent her in a separate envelope. I guess wait and see, and if she doesn't arrive, file a claim with ebay?

It sounds as though she has a ton of sales going on and is a little bit all over the place with dealing with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
The extra costs to be paid for too low shipping fees will be send to the sender (if known). If there is no return address or they won't even bother due to international shipping, it can be filed to the recipient. But that can take a few weeks....

As the recipient you're not obligated to pay for the difference as you aren't the person who has given them the order to ship.
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »
The extra costs to be paid for too low shipping fees will be send to the sender (if known). If there is no return address or they won't even bother due to international shipping, it can be filed to the recipient. But that can take a few weeks....

As the recipient you're not obligated to pay for the difference as you aren't the person who has given them the order to ship.

Not sure about the Netherlands, but in the US one of two things will happen if a package is accepted with too little postage.  They'll either return the package to the sender with an "insufficient postage" stamp on it or they'll charge the recepient for the extra postage.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 10:02:07 AM »

In the UK it usually falls to the recipient. They hold the item hostage until you pay up. They're nice like that in our post system. Sounds like the Dutch system is better (and if this is the case and there was an error, the seller will end up paying the shipping, and so it's probably NOT fair to sting her for a refund. Ultimately, whatever the PO did, it's probably going to cost her the full whack she quoted by the time this is done.

Although she could do with being much better at communicating and organisation.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
Shipping issue- just weird.  But charging for shipping and handling is normal and if the shipping cost is less, it is only unfair if they told you they were charging actual shipping rate.  Also combined shipping is not required.  I always email a seller in advance to see if they will combine or if the shipping rate is unclear (usually though there is a button you can estimate shipping even when not specified?)

Missing pony-  it's unclear if she sent you the pony after you pointed out it was missing? Or not? Either way, open a claim, ask for the tracking. If she provides tracking, wait until it arrives. If she doesn't send, monitor your claim and request a refund when it is due.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal