collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears!  (Read 6731 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 05:53:44 PM »
This thread has made me wish I still had my copy of the Land Without Feelings, Care Bears Battle the Freeze Machine and the Care Bear Storybook ( they might also be the Dic cartoons) cartoons. I know there was one about a Cloud Worm and one about a girl helping Professor Coldheart turn a city in to concrete.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »
Another long-time Care Bears fan here.  With as much crossover as there is in these two fandoms, I'm shocked there's never been an official crossover in their media or toy lines.  I would totally buy bears (or better yet, equine cousins) with pony cutie marks as tummy symbols and ponies with CB tummy symbols as cutie marks.  Especially when Hasbro had the manufacturing rights to CB toys.  Sigh... a wasted opportunity.

This thread has made me wish I still had my copy of the Land Without Feelings, Care Bears Battle the Freeze Machine and the Care Bear Storybook ( they might also be the Dic cartoons) cartoons. I know there was one about a Cloud Worm and one about a girl helping Professor Coldheart turn a city in to concrete.

The first two specials (Land Without Feelings & Battle the Freeze Machine) were made by the long defunct Atkinson Film-Arts.  Storybook was Nelvana's series, but DiC's episodes were the best (Cold Heart, Cloudworm, etc.).  Nelvana had No Heart as the main villain.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Pinkdragon310

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Excited about cartoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 09:28:04 PM »
I was absolutely obsessed with Care Bears when I was younger! CB was for me then what MLP is for me now

I grew up in the 2000's, but around that time they sold tapes of episodes from the Care Bears Family show from the 80's, so I have multiple tapes of it, and I used to re-watch them a lot when I was really young; I listened to the theme song again in recent years, and got hit with a sudden wave of nostalgia

Don't have as many memories about the 2007 incarnation of it, but I probably enjoyed it, because I remember having a toothbrush themed around it back then.

(Also, my fave bear would have to be Work of Heart, I'm such a sucker for creative/artist characters ^^)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:54 PM »
Huge Care Bear fan here!! I was super lucky that my mom kept all of my old 80's toys. As a teenager in the late 90's I started collecting Care Bears and MLP again, they were super easy to find at garage sales and flea markets. I have most of the 80's bears in 13" and 6". I'm only missing the rare cousins and a couple UK bears.

I also collected the 20th Anniversary bears and as far as I know I have all the 13" plush. Sadly my bears have been in storage all this time, since I moved out in 2004. I kept them at my mom's until last year when we moved to a bigger house. We are developing the basement and I will have a pony/80's toy room to display my collection. I can't wait to get all my bears out and on display, it's been way too long.

I have the movies on DVD and one of them on VHS that was still mint in it's wrapper until my son decided to rip into it.  :pout:  I also have lots of random episodes on DVD.

And my daughter had a care bears themed nursery when she was a baby. I had kept everything for my sister and when she found out she was having a boy she donated all the girl stuff and sadly all the care bear nursery bedding, mobile, etc was in that stuff.

Now a days I don't actively collect care bears since I have pretty much all of them that I want but I do still pick up any that I find in thrift stores. My best thrift store find was actually some carebears. I almost left them there since I was hunting for ponies and assumed that I had all the 80's bears already. I put them back on the shelf and walked away. I couldn't remember which bears they were but I did know they weren't the main characters so I decided to run back to the toy section and get them anyway. They were only $2 each. Imagine my excitement when I got home and looked up who I found!!! UK bears and they were MINT!! These are the stars of my collection now.

I don't have any collection photos since they're all still boxed up but I did snap a pic of my MIB bears a couple years ago.

Some other special bears

My favorite bear is Wish Bear too  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 08:01:37 AM »
Who's the orange bear with the balloons and blue with the jack in the box Shy Violet?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Great collection Shy Violet.

I bought this DVD today.

Car Bears DVD by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Ponyfan

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
Who's the orange bear with the balloons and blue with the jack in the box Shy Violet?

The Jack-In-The-Box bear is UK Surprise Bear and the one with balloons is UK Daydream bear!

Wow Shy Violet!!! I'm so incredibly jealous of all your UK bears! I love the 80's toys and I really wish I had some of my own.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 11:12:14 PM »

The Jack-In-The-Box bear is UK Surprise Bear and the one with balloons is UK Daydream bear!

Wow Shy Violet!!! I'm so incredibly jealous of all your UK bears! I love the 80's toys and I really wish I had some of my own.

Yep, Bekuno is right, they are UK Daydream Bear and Surprise Bear! I was so incredibly lucky to find them in a thrift store in Canada. They were never released here and they are so minty. Makes me wonder if they used to belong to a collector.

Thank you! I just adore my Care Bears and can't wait to get them all on display one of these days. :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 05:57:35 PM »

Ohh they're soo cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »
I love Carebears!!! I adored them as a child growing up. I wanted a plush so badly but my parents didn't buy me one for some reason. I never forgot that I guess so now I collect them lol. My favourite bear is Cheerbear. I found a vintage plush of her on Etsy years ago and that's what sparked my collecting.

A lot of my collection is packed up right now but I have a photo of my ceramic figurine collection that I can share :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 05:27:21 AM »
I found my copy of Battle the Freeze Machine :) and now I have this song stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xl1eOUwio

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:13:28 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »
I found my copy of Battle the Freeze Machine :) and now I have this song stuck in my head.

Ponyfan

I ...just literally went through looking for all the songs I could find.. and I can't find "I wanna be a carebear D:
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »

Ponyfan

I ...just literally went through looking for all the songs I could find.. and I can't find "I wanna be a carebear D:

Here it is. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvxNyJLzVo

Ponyfan

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »

Ponyfan

Here it is. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvxNyJLzVo

Ponyfan

aahhh thank you that was my favorite opening next to the count down
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
I have the DVD with Forest of Lost Feelings... and also the whole 80's TV series on DVD.  Plus several plush and a few vinyl characters.  I will have to get them out of storage in the shed to take photos, though!

The Forest of Lost Feelings DVD was a fun find, the cashier at the thrift store tried to refuse to sell it to me, cuz it "was supposed to be with the collectible things" and I told her that was very unfortunate, the donations staff had plenty of time to figure that out, but I am buying it NOW at the regular DVD price.  Thankfully she realized that I wasn't one of those customers that one wants to irritate - I told her, "okay lady.  you call your manager, void this sale and we can start all over, because now I do not trust you.  How do I know you haven't scanned something twice?  C'mon, empty those bags, I know I have two carts worth of merchandise, but if you REALLY want to make a fuss over a $4 DVD and get your manager involved, by all means, I will allow you to, but you're going to start this transaction over again."  Thankfully she saw the asinine idiocy of harassing a regular customer who spends at least $100-200 every time I come shop, plus making an epic fuss and angering the rest of the other customers and labeling her as untrustworthy and trouble to her manager.  Just keep the line moving to sell your stuff, thrift store, don't make judgement calls about what comes to the cash register....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal