collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears!  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Care Bears!
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:23:08 PM »
We could always use a Care Bears topic. Especially after seeing one WYP thread in particular, I though a discussion would be good.

I'll start off by talking a bit about my collection and my favorites.

Though everything is stored away in the attic for now, I own almost one of each bear from the 2002 relaunch excluding anything that was non-US. One Christmas my parents got me every bean bag 6"(?) bear, including true heart and noble heart. The only plush I no longer have was my big 3' Grumpy Bear! I believe he was donated. I currently don't own anything from before or after this line toy wise. I still have all my VHS tapes and DVDs in my room. This is the majority of the Nelvana series and the DiC series plus three movies and the original special.

My favorite bears are Wish Bear and Work of Heart Bear. My favorite cousins are Brave Heart and Noble Heart!

As for the lines, I love the original 80's bears, the 2002 bears, and I have mixed feelings about the current generation. Though I like how they look, I find the smaller selection to be boring (and goodness do I hate that cozy heart can't talk). The show is cute but not a favorite.

I'm very fond of the original 80's art work and toys as well as how they appeared in the DiC series.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:58:17 PM »
I loveeeeee Care Bears! I have several older ones I've rescued from Goodwill or other second hand places and I have some of the newer ones. I have all series 1-4 of the blind bag characters and the target exclusive care bear figure collection. I also have a cute little duffle bag and a quilted blanket that I hang up on my wall.
My favorite would be Grumpy Bear (he's so grumpy I just can't help but love him) and Wonderheart Bear (that baby face!) I'm also a super big fan of any of the cousins.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:35:53 PM »
My favourite film growing up was the Care Bears movie, and whenever we went out, I would watch it in the car or at Nanny's home. I think I still have some merchandise scattered around my basement... I also loved the 80's and 2002 bears. I also have two Care Bears Christmas ornaments that I just absolutely love! When I move out to college, I'm most definitely taking them with me!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 05:48:40 AM »
Never got into Care Bears when I was young, but I like them.

There's so many of them I can't keep track of them all (yet), but I like Lotsa Heart Elephant. I always welcome a pink elephant, and I think her name in Italian translates to "Tons of Love Elephant", which I find adorable

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
I adore Care Bears! I don't have very many right now.

Sparkly Blind Bags
Bedtime Bear
Good Luck Bear
Wish Bear

Plushies
Brightheart Racoon
Cozyheart Penguin

Some of my other favorites include
Trueheart Bear
Wish Bear
Share Bear
Harmony Bear
Sweet Dreams Bear
Grams
Perfect and Polite Panda
Champ Bear
Nobleheart Horse
Swiftheart Rabbit
Treatheart Pig
Brightheart Racoon
Braveheart Lion
Lotsaheart Elephant

I love the original cartoon and Care Bear Family cartoon. Don't like the cgi ones bleck!

Care Bears Movie II A new Generation is one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:25:35 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »
I love the 80's Care Bears too but don't have a lot of Care Bears stuff. I have two original 80's bears Champ and Cheer, several pillow bears, the hardcover story books and some of the miniature figures and also a few of the beanie bears.

My favorites are Wish Bear and Love a Lot Bear.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
I like Care Bears too.  I had a few toys as a kid including Lotsa Heart Elephant plush, 2 keychains, 1 ceramic bear, cement bears painted like different bears (one for each of us kids), and PVC minis with 2 collector cases.  My aunt had all of the PVC Care Bears and she always let me play with them.  She kept them in a crystal bowl in her china cabinet.

I loved the Care Bear movies as a kid.  My gramma had the first one recorded from TV and one of my friends had the second one on tape and I always wanted to watch it at her house.  Now I have both on DVD and some of the 80s cartoons on DVD.  I don't care for the new Care Bears toys or cartoons.

My favorite characters are Baby Hugs and Baby Tugs, and Gram Bear.  I collect the 80s toys including plushies, PVC minis, and some random merch that I had or wanted as a kid. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
I used to watch the 80s cartoons when I was a kid, as well as read the books with my grandma, and I remember one time my dad buying me a 2002 grumpy plush, though I don't believe I ever owned any toys aside from him.

Once I have my own place, I'd like to build an eighties collection of the carebears toys, and an eighties collection of Strawberry Shortcake, which I also played with as a kid

I've been hoping for good reboots of both series to happen at some point lol

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
I forgot to say earlier I also have one of those newer Glow in the Dark Wish Bears.

Ponyfan

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:30:05 AM »
I think I only had one or two Care Bears growing up. I'm like 98% sure I had the 2002 Share Bear, the other may have been Cheer Bear or Love-a-lot Bear. I don't remember the one I had...but I always remember the ones I WANTED :lol: I know I always wanted Good Luck Bear or Wish Bear. Or Bright Heart Raccoon. Honestly he's my favorite out of them all. Never did get to have one. >_< Still my fav though.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »
I LOVED care bears when I was a preteen. I was obsessed. My mom used to buy me the two pack plushies. The little ones that liked hugged each other and were sewn together. I would cut the thread that held them together. My older sister still has my whole collection at her house. Since me and my BF are trying for a baby she said that when we finally get pregnant, I can have the care bears for the nursery. I'm really excited. I had quite the collection.

I also own both of the movies and still know all the words lol. I was OBSESSED. I wore care bear clothes, had a grumpy bear sweat band. Bedtime Bear was my favorite though. I miss the care bears.  :cry: :cry:

I had care bear bed stuff too but my comforter got ruined when lava lamp fell on my head. I would rebuy that blanket in a heartbeat lol. My preteen years were probably the best years of my life. So I associate care bears with it lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
I also had the 80's Care Bear sheets. :) I'd like to own more vintage bears.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:05:47 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
love love love the carebears, and i was able to get some of the blind bag figures that Dollar General had last year! I also discovered an artist on DA that does carebear art even though he ah has highly questionable views, but his work feels like the classic 80's .
my favorite carebear had always been wish bear and lots a heart elephant was my favorite cousin, I think I still have the original plush I had when I was a kid. i've been trying to find a decent copy of some of the movies favorite one was carebears in wonderland
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
I had one Care Bear growing up - Wish Bear.  I got him when I was a baby (my mom bought all of us Care Bears when they were the hot toy) and I still have him.  Mine has seen better days, but he is well-loved and he knows it.  :)

Currently, I have him and a handful of other vintage bears I've picked up while thrifting.  I have:

another Wish Bear
Birthday Bear
Lucky Bear
Bedtime Bear (my other favorite)
Funshine Bear

and a few I need to list for sale.  :)  I should take a pic of them.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
love love love the carebears, and i was able to get some of the blind bag figures that Dollar General had last year! I also discovered an artist on DA that does carebear art even though he ah has highly questionable views, but his work feels like the classic 80's .
my favorite carebear had always been wish bear and lots a heart elephant was my favorite cousin, I think I still have the original plush I had when I was a kid. i've been trying to find a decent copy of some of the movies favorite one was carebears in wonderland

I believe I know the artist you're talking about. Do they draw ponies too? I really love their art but goodness I can't support them as a person!

I'm seeing so much love for Wish Bear and it makes me really happy! I wonder why she seems so favored among us :) Same with Bright Heart Raccoon!

Mewtwofan1, I also have an ornament! It's an older one I recently obtained and I love it dearly.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal