TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Theives on eBay - a little rant

(1/3) > >>

DazzleKitty:
I just needed to vent. Some people are just awful.

I bought a pony on eBay I was really looking forward to getting. She was kind of a set completer (getting all the UK family ponies....Berrytown, Sunbright, Meadowsweet).

This is NOT a slam to the seller. We all make human mistakes. She admitted she accidentally sent her to the wrong person. She asked the person to please sent the pony back. Knowing this seller, I am sure she probably even offered to pay for shipping and everything. i can tell by her messages she is a good person. The person who got her in error refuses to send her back and kept her. :/ 

The seller said file a claim with eBay (which I can't do tomorrow due to shipping dates) and she will give me a full refund.

I just cannot believe how some people are! If I got a pony in error, I'd even offer to send them to the right person if they'd trust me with their address, as long as the seller reimbursed me for shipping. That's just downright nasty. Yeah, I know it was her mistake. But a person with integrity and a good sense of self-respect wouldn't just steal it. This just disgusts me. Maybe not everyone will agree with me, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did this.

Thanks for listening.

bluerose9978:
Wow! I really hope eBay will do something about this! What a horrible person! I am so sorry this happened to you!

Thunderwing:
The seller definitely needs to bring this to eBay's attention.

shelvesofwhimsy:
Some people :(

I had something similar happen to me with toy sales. I accidentally set an extra item to someone by mistake (it was meant for another buyer). The person did let me know they got it, and I told them if they sent it I would pay for shipping etc. They agreed and seemed on board. And then it took AGES for them to reply and send the item out. I felt bad bothering them, but at the same time the other buyer was being so understanding and waiting.

I felt terrible for my other buyer, so I ended up refunding them fully, and then a few weeks later they did receive their item at least. And then I paid that person for shipping. But the whole ordeal was a headache. I learned my lesson - don't pack when youre tired.

Stormness_1:
Tell the seller to name and shame the buyer over here... I know I wouldn't want to sell to a pony thief!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version