collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Theives on eBay - a little rant  (Read 1661 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Theives on eBay - a little rant
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
I just needed to vent. Some people are just awful.

I bought a pony on eBay I was really looking forward to getting. She was kind of a set completer (getting all the UK family ponies....Berrytown, Sunbright, Meadowsweet).

This is NOT a slam to the seller. We all make human mistakes. She admitted she accidentally sent her to the wrong person. She asked the person to please sent the pony back. Knowing this seller, I am sure she probably even offered to pay for shipping and everything. i can tell by her messages she is a good person. The person who got her in error refuses to send her back and kept her. :/ 

The seller said file a claim with eBay (which I can't do tomorrow due to shipping dates) and she will give me a full refund.

I just cannot believe how some people are! If I got a pony in error, I'd even offer to send them to the right person if they'd trust me with their address, as long as the seller reimbursed me for shipping. That's just downright nasty. Yeah, I know it was her mistake. But a person with integrity and a good sense of self-respect wouldn't just steal it. This just disgusts me. Maybe not everyone will agree with me, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did this.

Thanks for listening.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Theives on eBay - a little rant
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »
Wow! I really hope eBay will do something about this! What a horrible person! I am so sorry this happened to you!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »
The seller definitely needs to bring this to eBay's attention.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »
Some people :(

I had something similar happen to me with toy sales. I accidentally set an extra item to someone by mistake (it was meant for another buyer). The person did let me know they got it, and I told them if they sent it I would pay for shipping etc. They agreed and seemed on board. And then it took AGES for them to reply and send the item out. I felt bad bothering them, but at the same time the other buyer was being so understanding and waiting.

I felt terrible for my other buyer, so I ended up refunding them fully, and then a few weeks later they did receive their item at least. And then I paid that person for shipping. But the whole ordeal was a headache. I learned my lesson - don't pack when youre tired.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
Tell the seller to name and shame the buyer over here... I know I wouldn't want to sell to a pony thief!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »
Ugh. That's awful. I agree, I don't know how people just do that and even dare to feel like they're entitled to keep whatever extra they get because "Too bad, so sad" at the seller who made a mistake.

So there's no excuse to keep the item if the seller offered to pay for everything. I could see if the seller demanded they pay their own money to fix a mistake that wasn't theirs, but that's not the case here.

They didn't buy it, so it's not theirs. One would think it would be that simple. >_< Just because someone gave them merchandise by mistake doesn't mean they get a free item.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you'll be able to find another pony for your set soon.  :(

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone!

I don't know if the seller is an Arena member but I informed them to at least report the buyer to eBay, because that is theft and they shouldn't take advantage like that of anyone else in the future. And I feel really sorry for the seller. They are out of both the pony and the money. :(  Yeah, it was a mistake, but we all make them.

Post Merge: January 12, 2017, 10:14:20 PM

So I found out we both have similar situations in our lives. I told her to keep the money and don't worry about a refund. Perhaps I am too nice, but I have the money to do it. She doesn't deserve that treatment from some jerk. I'll find another Baby Sunbright elsewhere. The is one on eBay but the shipping is ridiculous and she has a major flaw. She will come up again.

Hopefully karma will come up on the thief.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:14:20 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 11:52:45 PM »
So hard to find too, hopefully though this post might lead to someone who has her for sale. I too believe that karma will bite the thief in the you-know-what. May all your ponies gallop away in rebellion of your awful ways!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 02:18:22 PM »
I just needed to vent. Some people are just awful.

I bought a pony on eBay I was really looking forward to getting. She was kind of a set completer (getting all the UK family ponies....Berrytown, Sunbright, Meadowsweet).

This is NOT a slam to the seller. We all make human mistakes. She admitted she accidentally sent her to the wrong person. She asked the person to please sent the pony back. Knowing this seller, I am sure she probably even offered to pay for shipping and everything. i can tell by her messages she is a good person. The person who got her in error refuses to send her back and kept her. :/ 

The seller said file a claim with eBay (which I can't do tomorrow due to shipping dates) and she will give me a full refund.

I just cannot believe how some people are! If I got a pony in error, I'd even offer to send them to the right person if they'd trust me with their address, as long as the seller reimbursed me for shipping. That's just downright nasty. Yeah, I know it was her mistake. But a person with integrity and a good sense of self-respect wouldn't just steal it. This just disgusts me. Maybe not everyone will agree with me, but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did this.

Thanks for listening.

This happened to me once. The only time I have ever sent the wrong thing to a buyer, and she refused to return it. I'm sorry this happened to you. It's not honest to keep something you didn't pay for. Can it be reported via ebay that this has occurred?

I'm sure there will be another baby Sunbright. A good tip is to check uk Ebay around the summer. Prices drop then, and at the moment the $ is strong against the £ and will probably stay that way while we figure out our trade situation, so you might get a bargain then. This is the worst time to buy ponies as prices soar following Christmas - people spending xmas money!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:20:52 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 05:21:43 AM »
I would love to know who got the pony and kept it.  There's no way I'd want to sell to someone that dishonest!!  If you ever find out who it was, please let us know!  I'm so sorry this has happened to you. :(

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:02 AM »
I'd love to block that buyer from my auctions. What a shame.

A similar thing happened to me once. I bought an Assassin's Creed figurine for my boyfriend and received a Pokemon plushie (not even a nice one xD). I was upset! Turned out the seller switched the packages by accident. I offered to ship directly to the other buyer to save the seller some costs. I was so worried if it would work out because the figurine was of a much higher value than the plushie... but the other buyer was honest and sent the figurine to me.

You just can't keep things that are not yours... I don't know how people can even think of that.
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:11 AM »
How awful!!!  I'm so sorry. :cry:
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 05:42:43 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone!

I don't know if the seller is an Arena member but I informed them to at least report the buyer to eBay, because that is theft and they shouldn't take advantage like that of anyone else in the future. And I feel really sorry for the seller. They are out of both the pony and the money. :(  Yeah, it was a mistake, but we all make them.

Post Merge: January 12, 2017, 10:14:20 PM

So I found out we both have similar situations in our lives. I told her to keep the money and don't worry about a refund. Perhaps I am too nice, but I have the money to do it. She doesn't deserve that treatment from some jerk. I'll find another Baby Sunbright elsewhere. The is one on eBay but the shipping is ridiculous and she has a major flaw. She will come up again.

Hopefully karma will come up on the thief.
Good on you for being above-and-beyond nice and understanding. I wish the seller had been more careful, especially with a pony like Baby Sunbright, but I can totally see how that could happen. That's one of my worst fears as a seller, sending the wrong pony to the wrong person. As for the person who kept the pony, I don't see how they can possibly enjoy her. Won't they feel guilty every time they look at her? Some people. :huh:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 02:29:24 PM »
The seller is going above and beyond and trying to find a pony on my wishlist, but at this point a lot of the ones I want are worth a wee bit more than what Baby Sunbright is. Luckily, I have since found a lovely Baby Sunbright.

I have made huge errors with shipping too. I once forgot to put a woman's apartment number on something I shipped out and the packaged stayed in the USPS system for weeks before it was returned to me damaged. She was totally understanding and I sent them to her and gave her a huge partial refund. So I know human error does happen. I feel bad for her that the person who got Baby Sunbright was so rude. I doubt she'd give me the person's username if I asked, in fear that I'd harass them. But I'd like to know too so I could share their name and we could all block them.
My Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal