collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anypony, Anytime (brownian motion topic thread)  (Read 1097 times)

Online lostponyTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • loves applejackbunny . Starlily is best pony
Anypony, Anytime (brownian motion topic thread)
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:43:04 AM »
Brownian motion is the way molecules move around in a fluid:  the way they bump into each other and transfer heat and diffuse etc...in other words, moving randomly without pre-planning and ending up where-ever.

Let's talk about anything G4 or other gen and take it where it goes.  If you find yourself off-topic somewhere else, feel free to come talk about it here and help liven things up.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:05:24 AM by lostpony »
:lovey:                                                                                           You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Offline Dulset Tarn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
Re: Anypony, Anytime (brownian motion topic thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
So has Twilight developed at all since becoming a princess?

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »
She is imperceptibly taller.

:lovey:                                                                                           You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

lost in the pleasure of                             
35 years of Pony treasure         It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

Offline TJgamer

• Big Brother Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So has Twilight developed at all since becoming a princess?
Slightly. Not as much as I would have hoped.
One could argue that her reaching the levels of royalty is the 'climax' of her character progression, but I don't think she has come far enough to make that feel worth it.
After season 3 ended, I was honestly curious to see where they would go with this concept. I had high hopes. Unfortunately, I don't think even the staff had their ideas fully figured out, since that was originally meant to be the end of the series.
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
I remember that gap between the season 3 finale and the season 4 opener, my friends and I hypothesized what would happen now that Twilight was a princess. This was way before the CMC's got their cutie marks and other things happened in the show with lasting changes, so my personal theory was that Twilight was going to lose the wings soon after getting them. I couldn't believe they would physically change the main character so that they would have to re-make all the toys and the merchandise (boy was I way wrong! lol)

My personal idea was that Twilight was going to meet a young pony who had a physical handicap, and she was going to use magic to transfer her wings to the young pony because "they needed the wings more than she did" or something like that. Kinda an old-fashioned plot idea, now that I think of it.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Dulset Tarn

• Rainbow Curl Pony
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »
Ooh, if we're getting into Season 3 hiatus headcanons/predictions, I'd hoped they would go the route of Twilight confronting Celestia about the whole princess thing. It's not who Twilight is, what she wants to do, or what she's built her life around. It's just Celestia's plan that she forced on Twilight, not even asking or hinting to her that this could happen, and only telling her about it after physically transforming her. But Celestia would have good reasons for all this, or at least good reasons to her, but nothing that satisfies Twilight herself, the one most affected by all this. It could have led to a great moment of tension between Twilight and her mentor, who she's always trusted completely and obeyed despite her own reservations. Maybe Twilight finally decides she needs to be in control of her own life, and won't just become royalty for no reason other than "because Celestia says so".

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »
I was supportive of Twilight Sparkle being a princess, and still am.  I think it was sort of hinted at, but to the audience, not to Twilight.  Only sort of, because it wasn't explicitly planned that she'd be a princess, but she was definitely going to ascend in someway.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • I see you. And I will find you. And give you hugs!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
I hoped that when twily became a princess and an alicorn, she would grow And ask celestia about turning her into another species of pony. Alicornhood is great and all, but twilight didn't give her consent or even know this was going to happen. I hoped she would learn to take charge of her own life sometimes, rather than blindly follow celestia and her orders. Perhaps twilight would give her wings to somepony who needed them like a disabled earthpony who couldn't walk, and give them wings to move with after asking for the ponys consent,rather than keeping them because celestia just did it without even asking.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »
I don't mind her changing species, but she hasn't done much.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »
Hey Lostpony and other members. While it's alright to have ramble threads, please keep it on topic to FIM unless you would like it moved to another board. Also, please refrain from mentioning any locked topics. Failure to do so will result in an edit to your post!

Thanks!
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 01:17:49 AM »
I didn't mind Twilight becoming a princess. I agree that it was hinted at that all of her friendship lessons were preparing her for something. I know a lot of people didn't like that Twilight's friends bowed to her after Celestia did and Twilight didn't protest but I think they were just following Celestia's lead that Twilight was a official member of royalty atthough she was already sort of  in the royal family due to Shining and Cadence's marriage. All that being said Hasbro hasn't really done much with Twilight's princess status . A lot of times the other ponies act like they forgot she is a princess unless it's important to the plot.

Ponyfan

Thank you Sapphire Rain for my avatar and True for my sig.
Vote for Baby Pearly in Summer Bathing Beauty 

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »
Bekuno, my intention was to have a discussion that can freely roam anywhere appropriate with G4 as a starting point, in particular welcoming discussion that wanders into other generations like the way the FiM movie thread wandered into Tales being incorrectly called G2 sometimes. 

There is very little going on in FiM at the moment so this seems a good time for those of us who like all generations to kick around some ideas and for those who are familiar only with FiM and looking for conversation to maybe notice other generations and realize my little pony has a lot more to offer than just G4.

If it's not ok start a mixed generation conversation here in FiM then mods please feel free to move it where appropriate, thanks.

Post Merge: January 13, 2017, 04:16:04 AM

Pinkie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are in both G3 and G4.  Pinkie has a lot of similarity between G3 and G4, but Rainbow Dash is completely different being "proper" and an Earth pony in G3, and is quite the opposite in G4 as well as being of course a pegasus.  Rarity is quite different too, though in G3 she's young and does mature some.

We've already had a good start comparing Spikes in another thread.  Who else is in other generations and how are they the same or different?

Since we're on about Twilight Sparkle, was G1 Twilight ever in the cartoon or comics?  What do we know about her?

FiM brings back some G1 bad guys too. 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:29:40 PM by lostpony »

lost in the pleasure of                             

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 04:41:31 AM »
Threads in FIM should be focused on the G4 show. If you're looking to have a topic that deals with multiple generations, it would be best suited for the Pony Corral forum like all other pony discussions outside of FIM.

You can edit your main post to talk generally about FIM and make a new post in the corral about multiple generations.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 05:28:26 AM »
Let's see where people take it and I'll conform it one way or the other. 

I am not sure my attempts to contribute are succeeding very well and I'm thinking I should lurk more instead.

Post Merge: January 13, 2017, 05:32:15 AM

Twilight with wings seems less neurotic at the same time as less humble.  I think some who don't like her as princess particularly seem to dislike her being "princess of friendship" especially taking mentor role for Starlight when her friendship skills seem to have a ways to go.  I think it's ok for the Princess of Friendship to have more to learn about friendship because she does seem open to keep learning.

Stylistically, I like her as a toy better without wings.  They mess up her nice lines.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:32:15 AM by lostpony »

lost in the pleasure of                             

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »
G1 Twilight was in Rescue at Midnight Castle and featured in the comics as well. :)She was the only unicorn at the time that could wink in and out and also do it while holding objects. Twilight was the one that knew the way to the Moochick's to ask him for help and I think someone mentioned that she can spread mist in the comics. I know she can also grant wishes.

I know Faust claimed she based Twilight Sparkle on G1 Twilight Rainbow Dash on G1 Firefly, G1 Applejack became G4 Applejack, Pinkie Pie was based on G1 Surprise , G4 Fluttershy on Posey and Rarity on G1 Sparkler but sometimes I think she only used their name or a tiny bit of their established personalities to create her own. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that just that sometimes I think the g4 Mane Six are not as much based on their G1 counterparts as Faust claimed.

Ponyfan

Thank you Sapphire Rain for my avatar and True for my sig.
Vote for Baby Pearly in Summer Bathing Beauty