collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Finished Cleaning Up My Christmas G1 Ponies  (Read 854 times)

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Finished Cleaning Up My Christmas G1 Ponies
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:06:35 AM »
I finally finished cleaning up all the ponies my sister-in-law gifted me with at Christmas. It was quite an experience, and I really enjoyed working on them. Four had mold in them. Scoops was the nastiest with mold that was still moist and thriving inside. Icky! I also fixed tail rust, frizzy hair and more. One of my Fizzy's has frizz that is beyond repair, but I think the frizz at the end of her braids makes her cute. She will be a play pony for my kiddos, along with Scoops who has a cut mane. I'm hoping to find a replacement tail for my Mommy Apple Delight. A lot of the ponies cleaned up mint or close to it. What a lucky lot she gave me. :)

Kingsley Details: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384187.msg1614109.html#msg1614109
Birthday Pony Details: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384176.msg1614004.html#msg1614004

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Makaroni_the_pony

Re: Finished Cleaning Up My Christmas G1 Ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
omgg, these look so nice! And what did you use to clean out the mold? uvu, I've experimented with oxi clean and tail rust, but I've never had a situation with mold before

AbrielleRose

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »
I poured an OxiClean solution into the body and head. Let it fizz for awhile, then rinsed out and cleaned remaining mold out with a toothbrush and pipe cleaners. If you rinse with hot tap the body gets more pliable and easier to get into the feet. Then I followed up with soaking the inside of the body with a bleach solution to make myself feel better about the mold being completely dead. For both the oxyclean and bleach solution, I put the head in a cup of water, so if any solution leaked out through hair plugs it would be diluted and not alter the outside of the body. This is my first experience. Never done any of these things before. I'm a total newbie. Everything came out super clean.

Makaroni_the_pony

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »
Oh wow, but that's still super neat, especially the idea of putting it in water to keep the bleach from hurting it uvu.

Also if you wanted to make Mommy Apple Delight a tail I'm sure you could have the arena help out with trying to identify her hair color for you so you could buy the Nylon yourself uvu

AbrielleRose

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
Oh wow, but that's still super neat, especially the idea of putting it in water to keep the bleach from hurting it uvu.

Also if you wanted to make Mommy Apple Delight a tail I'm sure you could have the arena help out with trying to identify her hair color for you so you could buy the Nylon yourself uvu

I was wondering if I could find her an exact match, if not wait for a bait pony with a good tail.

Offline Countrygirl

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »
Wow they look fantastic! Awesome job! It's so fun to clean up g1s and give them new life :biggrin:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
They look so pretty!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 02:02:24 AM »
I love seeing ponies restored.  Your girls came up so nicely.  Those pics of their insides made me cringe!!!  Well done :D

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 12:55:16 AM »
They came up super pretty!!!  :glitter:

I too shuddered from those inside pics!!

AbrielleRose

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
LOL. Here are some before and afters of the mold.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal