collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Twilight Sparkle. Applejack and Spike set found Updated-more new pony pics  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: New Twilight Sparkle. Applejack and Spike set found
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:18 AM »
They really don't know how to package these in a way that looks good do they?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:46 AM »

Let's be honest, though... nothing could save these ponies  :crazy: :nuts:

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
Oh, dear... from what it's looking like, I'm not a fan of 4.5 from what we've seen. At least I can save my money for the Guardians of Harmony toys I want, and wait and see what the new line comes up with.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
I don't understand why they are changing the design so drastically and going for bigger more distorted heads and less hair-

Didn't they see how that worked out with 3.5?  Haven't they been paying attention at all?

These aren't nearly as bad as 3.5 (and my apologies to the few that like them) - but they have a lot of the same kind of changes and features.   

If this is the future of pony, it isn't going to end well.

rolllerblades

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
Y'all are honestly so extra. There's a fine line between fair critisim and blatantly tearing apart something just because it's different, and it's easy to see what side of that many of you prefer to lean towards.

I bought two single packaged ponies (Twilight and Pinkie Pie) and I think they're pretty good. Yeah Twilight's eyes look pretty funky, but she looks fairly nice if you pose her correctly. Not to mention that her wings have a really nice sculpt and don't look like they were just pasted on! Pinkie Pie on the other hand is just flat out adorable and is probably my new favorite pony.

Both ponies that I got came out with perfect paint jobs (on the ponies themselves, the accessories have a few small flaws) and had no frizz whatsoever; both of these things being a pretty rampant problem throughout all of G4's run. Something kinda odd and unique about them is that they're made out of a harder plastic than the old brushables. Kinda like G3 ponies except solid/more dense.

Yes they do have less hair on both the mane and tail. Personally I'm not bothered by this because of my own pony hair styling habits, but I can definitely see where people would have a problem with that. I also think they're a bit costly, but overall I feel like these might be the highest quality ponies we've received in a long time

Here's a imgur album with a few photos

To TL;DR: relax, ponies aren't meant to be taken so seriously

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »
I don't understand why they are changing the design so drastically and going for bigger more distorted heads and less hair-

Didn't they see how that worked out with 3.5?  Haven't they been paying attention at all?

These aren't nearly as bad as 3.5 (and my apologies to the few that like them) - but they have a lot of the same kind of changes and features.   

Hasbro? Learn? Ha! That'll be the day.

These make 3.5s look like Mona Lisas in comparison.

Post Merge: January 11, 2017, 01:30:26 PM

Y'all are honestly so extra. There's a fine line between fair critisim and blatantly tearing apart something just because it's different, and it's easy to see what side of that many of you prefer to lean towards.

I bought two single packaged ponies (Twilight and Pinkie Pie) and I think they're pretty good. Yeah Twilight's eyes look pretty funky, but she looks fairly nice if you pose her correctly. Not to mention that her wings have a really nice sculpt and don't look like they were just pasted on! Pinkie Pie on the other hand is just flat out adorable and is probably my new favorite pony.

Both ponies that I got came out with perfect paint jobs (on the ponies themselves, the accessories have a few small flaws) and had no frizz whatsoever; both of these things being a pretty rampant problem throughout all of G4's run. Something kinda odd and unique about them is that they're made out of a harder plastic than the old brushables. Kinda like G3 ponies except solid/more dense.

Yes they do have less hair on both the mane and tail. Personally I'm not bothered by this because of my own pony hair styling habits, but I can definitely see where people would have a problem with that. I also think they're a bit costly, but overall I feel like these might be the highest quality ponies we've received in a long time

Or some people just don't like them. What's the point of a brushable horse line if Hasbro gives them even less hair then before? Different can mean good or bad and these are not good.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:33:18 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

Hasbro? Learn? Ha! That'll be the day.

These make 3.5s look like Mona Lisas in comparison.

Post Merge: January 11, 2017, 01:30:26 PM

Or some people just don't like them. What's the point of a brushable hairline if Hasbro gives them even less hair then before? Different can mean good or bad and these are bad.

Not seeing less hair here.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 02:19:47 PM »
Yeeeah, I'm still not seeing where this "they're SO different from previous G4s!!!" idea is coming from.  They are practically identical to previous G4s.  The differences are very minor.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »

I've seen some other ones with the new look that looked awful in the package but looked great once their manes were styled and were photographed from a better angle.

To look more like the cartoon? For better or worse they are trying to make them more show accurate.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »

I've seen some other ones with the new look that looked awful in the package but looked great once their manes were styled and were photographed from a better angle.

To look more like the cartoon? For better or worse they are trying to make them more show accurate.

That's good to know. I am looking forward to seeing them in person so that I can judge them better, but they haven't shown up in any stores yet. Our Walmart takes forever to get anything new and has a very tiny section. TRU is a little better, that's probably where I'll see them.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »
Normally I love the weird things Hasbro does with G4 - I loved the ponies with bead hair, the ponies with flower designs all over them, the melty looking charm wing ponies, the Pop/Design-a-Ponies, the molded hair GoH, and the FiM Collection. Even EqG and the minis have grown on me. Heck, even those weird cupcake mutant figures I find kind of charming.

However, I have to draw the line with these. From the moment I first saw these things, they reminded me more of McPonies than brushables, and I just can't get past that.

But I'm sorry if I come across like I'm excessively bashing G4.5, or hating on them endlessly. It bugs me too when I feel people are being unfairly negative about new MLP things just because they're different or gimmicky or even just G4, and I hate to think I'm coming across that same way here.

I'm very glad to hear they haven't reduced the hair, though! It did kind of look like it from the stock photos, but I'm glad it was just a bad angle.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
I actually really dig the new look.  Yeah, I wish the toys were bigger, but I've come to accept that Hasbro wants to cut costs... 
I like the heads of these.  I haven't experienced any issues with hair loss, although I don't know if it's just me, but their tails have a really weird, rough texture. 
Anyway, I'm excited to see more of these.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
I suppose the bodies do look more show accurate-

The biggest problem I have with them is the open mouths on the big heads- is that really what the cartoon looks like?

The Funko sculpt was actually pretty dead on- couldn't Hasbro just borry that and and add some hair ?  (and more dynamic poses)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Hmm...there's a bed so maybe it's a piece to a bigger set or a playset or something.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »
Normally I love the weird things Hasbro does with G4 - I loved the ponies with bead hair, the ponies with flower designs all over them, the melty looking charm wing ponies, the Pop/Design-a-Ponies, the molded hair GoH, and the FiM Collection. Even EqG and the minis have grown on me. Heck, even those weird cupcake mutant figures I find kind of charming.

However, I have to draw the line with these. From the moment I first saw these things, they reminded me more of McPonies than brushables, and I just can't get past that.

But I'm sorry if I come across like I'm excessively bashing G4.5, or hating on them endlessly. It bugs me too when I feel people are being unfairly negative about new MLP things just because they're different or gimmicky or even just G4, and I hate to think I'm coming across that same way here.

I'm very glad to hear they haven't reduced the hair, though! It did kind of look like it from the stock photos, but I'm glad it was just a bad angle.

Honestly, with most of these there are a lot of angles where they look off , mostly due to the head shape and the larger eyes.  They are definitely not as photogenic as the old-style G4s. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal