collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting rid of my collection (Mountain Boy and Birthflower ponies, oh my!)  (Read 906 times)

KCP

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi everyone,

As I said in my Introduction post, I went home at Christmas and decided to get rid of my childhood collection.  They've been in a box for over 20 years, and I want them to go to a good home(s).  My preference is to get rid of them as a lot (or a few lots), but I understand that some of them are highly desirable to collectors. 

I am located in eastern Canada.  I could potentially meet someone halfway in the Maritimes if there are local people who are interested.

A note first: these were well-loved ponies that I played with constantly as a kid.  They are NOT mint condition.  I have tried to take pictures of any defects that I found.  If they didn't show up in the pictures, I will describe them.  Also, one of my ponies came with some lipstick and I went a little crazy applying it to all the ponies.  I brushed out some of the hair, but then I got lazy. 

My original intention was to give them away if someone wanted to pay for shipping and handling.  However, I've had a few messages from people saying that some are valuable and people will be willing to pay.  If I can make some money, awesome, but that wasn't my intention of doing this (I do like money and I won't turn any down).  I didn't want to drop them off at the thrift store.  I haven't even worked out how we can do a payment, but we can figure that out later.

I found my 10 year old BitBucket account.  I hope this works.  Sort by oldest first.  Unfortunately, they're not in the order that they're in on here, but they should be all grouped together.  I am not sure how to embed the pictures into this post.

So, without further ado: http://s112.photobucket.com/user/bella_karlita/library/Ponies

Mount Boy Ponies
A family friend from the UK brought these to me.

Thundercloud
Pretty good condition.  Mane and tail are brushable.  Tiny traces of lipstick on his mouth and cheeks, but you have to look closely.  One symbol has a tiny smudge on it.

Tornado
Seems to be in excellent condition.  Perfect eyes.  There is a tiny remnant of lipstick on his mouth but you have to look very closely to see. 

Birthflower Ponies
I think these were mail order?

Violet
Not 100% positive I want to part with this, seeing as everyone thinks they're very special, but then again, do I just keep it in a box for the next 20 years?  Violet is my birthflower, which is why I have this one.  Seems to be in great condition, but like above, a tiny bit of lipstick remains (have to look very closely).  Mane and tail are in good condition.  There are a couple little marks and spots here and there but nothing major.  Symbol is crisp and clear.

Holly
December was my best friend's birth month, so I got Holly.  Surprisingly no lipstick.  A few dirt marks here and there.  One side of the symbol has a section that is partially worn away.  I took a pic to demonstrate.  The other side is fine.

Sparkler Pony - Twinkle
Pretty good condition, tinsel seems in good shape.  Remnants of lipstick.  One eye has a tiny bit of schmutz on it but I had to really hold it up to the light to see.  This was the last pony I got, when I was a little too old for MLP, and didn't play with it very much.  This is not the mail order version.

Twinkle Eye Pony - Fizzy
Ok condition.  There are some spots of discolouration.  The symbols have some fading (and one glass is half worn away).  Eyes are fine.  I didn't brush the hair out.

Sundance
No idea what happened to Megan.  A few smudges and she's got some lipstick on (shows up because she's white).  Eyes and symbol are fine.

Twice as Fancy Pony - Milky Way
I always liked this one and saved playing with her for special occasions.  As close to perfect condition for a played with toy.  Little specks of glitter here and there.  No scuffs or marks that I can see.  No lipstick.

Flutter Ponies
Whose idea was it to make wings this delicate for a children's toy?  Also, these were called "Pony FlapFlap" in Italian.  I think that's adorable.

Rosedust
No wings (naturally).  Lots of smudge marks.

Forget-Me-Not
better condition than Rosedust.  A section of her tail is braided.  Hair isn't in the greatest condition.

Baby ponies
They're actually pretty cute.

Baby Cuddles
Came with the Baby Buggy playset that is long gone.  On the surface, the pony is perfect.  However, I decided to colour under the feet with a ballpoint pen.  You can't see anything if it's standing up but I want you to know regardless.

Beddy Bye Eyes - Gusty
Not in the greatest shape.  The hair sticks straight up, I chewed on the horn and it's wearing some pretty garish lipstick.  The eyes look great though!

Windy Wing Pony - Sun Glider
Wings are fine, mane and tail needs some work.  No scuffs or discolouration.

So Soft Pony - Lofty
Never liked this one too much.  Mane and tail need some work.  The fuzz has worn away in some spots around the hooves, ears and one wing.  There is a pink stain above one eye (from a highlighter?).

Brush 'n Grow Pony - Curly Locks
Relatively good condition based on how much I played with it.  Mane and tail need a good brushing,.  There's a tiny bit of lipstick left on the mouth.  One eye has a defect (looks like it has two pupils) that was like that when I got it.  There's a tiny bit of glitter glue on one wing.  The tail still works fine (I tried it!).

Pegasus Pony - Medley
Loved Medley.  Tail is in a braid.  Remnants of lipstick.   There's an imprint in her raised leg (I think there was an elastic around it).  Eyes and symbol are fine.

Seaponies
I don't have the accessories unfortunately.

Sea Breeze
I traded High Tide for Sea Breeze with a friend in kindergarten.  Her initials are NT, which is written on the bottom of the tail.  Her head popped off once and I remember being absolutely disgusted by what was inside (I think I remember someone saying that there was a magnet that rusted).  Eyes and hair are fine (the hair is actually in really good condition considering that this was a bath toy).  There's a discolouration under one side fin.

Sea Star
Not sure if I want to get rid of this one unless someone truly wants it.  Really good condition for a bath toy.  Why are the seaponies' hair so great?

Earth Pony - Bowtie
Absolutely not getting rid of this one!  Bowtie was my very first pony, but I wanted to share a picture regardless.

There were two ponies that I forgot to take pictures of.

Rainbow Pony - Moonstone
There's a bit of schmutz on the face and hindquarters.  I remember being upset as a kid when one of the tiny glittery dots rubbed off.  This was one of my favourites.

Happy Tails Pony - Tabby
Wait - maybe this was the last pony I got.  Tail is in good condition but the mane needs some TLC.  There's some dirt on her hindquarters that would probably come off with some soap and water.  The tail still turns easily.  The best part: I still have the squirrel tail clip.

Pony outfits
1. Mother and baby skating outfit.  I don't have the skates anymore, but I have coats and hats.
2. Workout outfit and tutu
3. Baby tutu
4. Baby shoes (how did I not lose these as a kid?)
5. Baby necklace
6. A few ribbons (yellow, blue, purple and pink)

Offline Sochy

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hello dear! Welcome first, second Im sad you give away your ponies, but I undertand it! I gift a lot of my toys years ago, mostly plushes and cartoons ones. I still have my pokemons, Im not ready to give them.

I would love to pay you for the Mount Boy Ponies maybe? I know they cost a lot, but maybe we can find a good price? I love G1 boys and they will have a nice home with me in Uruguay! :D (But dont worry, I have a mail adress in UDA too!)

Here is a really old photo of my boys, Im not at home and I cant found a newest one:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And maybe also Windy Wing Pony - Sun Glider? I dont havt any of the Windy Wing sets, I was always scared of the mail broking their thiny cute wings  :cry:

I would love to see photos of your Bowtie also! First ponies are the best. Mine was a G1 Blossomfort and I love her with all my heart. I even but a mint one to put next to her.

EDIT: Aha! I found a more resent photo :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:00:36 PM by Sochy »

My Art/Free Art (Closed)/Wishlist

Amazing little Dulce de Leche pixel by Weebkinz!

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
oh my goodnesss, they're all so prettyyy! I've always had a weakness for big brothers, sparkle ponies, and the fuzzy ones lol, do you have any ideas for cost and payment method? Or even just how much they'll be to ship to the US

My fave two are definitely Fizzy and Surprise, but Tabby is pretty close behind
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:24:46 PM by Makaroni_the_pony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal