collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your favorite Disney song?  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite Disney song?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 04:23:52 PM »
I have a lot of faves, heh. The main ones:

Circle of Life
Can't Wait to be King
We Are One (Angelique Kidjo version)
Sisi ni Sawa (We're the Same)
A Whole New World
Gummi Bears theme
DuckTales theme
Dig a Little Deeper
Grim Grinning Ghosts
It's Our House Now

In terms of scores, I love To Die For... and the Wreck-it Ralph arcade theme. And for full soundtracks, gotta go with The Lion King. And I must say that, despite being a show for preschoolers, The Lion Guard has some wonderful songs and an amazing score. Aladdin is another personal fave.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
I have a Disney song collection called something like 50 Years of Disney that has not only the well-known songs but some really obscure ones, some really ridiculous :lol: One I can think of off the top of my head I love because it's so silly -- "Although I Dropped $100,000." It's like a song you'd have heard on the radio in the 1930s, sung in that funny voice radio people used. I play it when I want to annoy my sister :biggrin:

But I love Disney songs and soundtracks. Two of my most favorite songs are "Beauty and the Beast" and "Reflection." So lovely! I've recently grown to like "Go the Distance" as well. I also love the orchestrations in Beauty and the Beast -- gorgeous music. The Lion King also has beautiful instrumentals. And it's so nostalgic to hear other people mentioning the sequel, too. I remember my sister and I learning the words to all the songs in Simba's Pride and running around on all fours pretending to be lions, lol. Of the newer Disney movies, I love "I See The Light" from Tangled and "Let It Go" from Frozen (although unfortunately hearing it so often is ruining the song for me).

Taffeta, you mentioned Japanese covers of songs -- I've listened to several from the movies proper and I really like the Japanese cover of "Beauty and the Beast." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYZDByVSJY

I'll always love the original, but the translation back into English is really beautiful and actually more poetic in some places; instead of "Tale as old as time," etc., it's like, "A wonderful story/timidly touching one another/finger to finger./Little by little, little by little/kindness opens love's door." And then, instead of "Ever just the same," etc.: "It's true/happiness can't be hidden./It's plain to see/like a nostalgic song/never-changing through the seasons./Little by little, little by little/kindness opens love's door/kindness opens love's door." I really can't explain how pretty it is :blush: I definitely recommend covers of Disney songs in Japanese and other languages. There are some really talented singers, sometimes better than the original singers. Here's a good mix for starters if anyone wants to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1xf8Dsc4as

Sad Song: When Somebody Loved Me (Toy Story 2)
Oh my goodness I forgot the one from Toy Story 2!! That scene always makes me want to cry  :cry: its so sad.
That song! Gah :wail: It's so sad and I love it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:24:01 PM by Haruna »

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:34 PM »
I have a Disney song collection called something like 50 Years of Disney that has not only the well-known songs but some really obscure ones, some really ridiculous :lol: One I can think of off the top of my head I love because it's so silly -- "Although I Dropped $100,000." It's like a song you'd have heard on the radio in the 1930s, sung in that funny voice radio people used. I play it when I want to annoy my sister...

I had very similar cd's, and they had the music from the start of Disney to the 90's...those early songs were quite funny, my favourite being 'Minnies Yoo Hoo';

https://youtu.be/gXfSeJV_vS4 (you can skip to about 40 seconds of you want to get to the singing)

I find myself singing these lyrics at really ridiculous times  :lol:

As far as modern favourites, here's my list:

A Whole New World - Aladdin
I Won't Say (I'm In Love) - Hercules
Gaston - Beauty and The Beast
Be Prepared - Lion King

It is awesome seeing everyone else's picks, reminds me of songs I've forgotten about :)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 01:17:20 PM »
Hmmmm way too many to choose love them all ^.^

I guess my favourite has to be Whole New World from my Favourite film of all time  :biggrin:
Then Under the Sea (i have had this song stuck on repeat in my head for years, ever since we sang it for some school thing  :lol:.. lucky I like it)
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal