collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sylvanian Families ID  (Read 830 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Sylvanian Families ID
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
I gave my Sylvanians to my son over a year ago. Every time I see one, I pick it up for him. (OK for me :D) I have just managed to sneak them all out of his room so I can clean them all but would love to ID them all so we know who we have. Is there a Sylvanian ID site at all? Something like the G1 pony ID sites?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Sylvanian Families ID
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »
I love Sylvanian...even regret selling so much of my childhood collection to fund ponies :( I know plenty of fan sites showing collections and information but I dont know any id sites unfortunately. I hope someone else can help!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:49:34 PM »
Thanks :) I only ever had the owls as a kid and I have no idea what happened to them, they used to have out it DC with my ponies :D My cousin had loads and loads, I know he still has them but he will want to keep them for his boys to play with.

I had another look last night but can't find anything. I know there were catalogues released every year, are they worth getting do you think? Will have to research the collectors books too, think the most recent was 2010 though.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »
This forum seems to have a big ID section (called "SYLVANIAN FAMILIES ENCYCLOPEDIA"; its down a ways). If you can't find certain ones I'm sure the board's members would be happy to help. I'm a total Sylvanian newbie but everyone I've "spoken" to there has been very nice.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:54:49 AM »
Amazing, thank you very much :) I have half an hour to quickly make a start now, wish me luck! :D

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »
The SF board is definitely the best source imo :) Other good sources are Sylvanian-Families.net (no longer updated, but has just about everything up to 2010) and DeafCandy's site (has a lot of the families inc. recent ones).

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 11:47:23 AM »
Brilliant, thank you :)

I've managed to sort several figures but the pile of clothes I need to ID is looking scary :lol: Wish they were pony clothes, at least I would know what I was doing!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:24:29 AM »
Wow, so happy to find this thread!  I've just started getting into Sylvanian families late last year (still so weird it's 2017) after discovering them while present-shopping for my niece.  My best friend in primary school used to have some, I'd go over to play with ponies but we always ended up playing with her sylvanians instead :)  I want to have a small collection (not the way I collect ponies!), just a few to sit on my dresser and look adorable :)

Has anyone ventured as far as to look at playsets?  I've been poring over online pics of them, but they're not as fun as pony playsets to me... the houses are so adorable and detailed, but they're all in brown and cream and grey.  I mean, we need purple windows, and pink floors, and colours...

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 03:27:59 AM »
I have hankered after one of the smaller houses and the treehouse for years, never taken the plunge though because of space issues. I love the boats as well. I have seen a lot of houses at bootsales last year, I can't guarantee if I see another one it won't come home with me again :D

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:11:53 AM »
Has anyone ventured as far as to look at playsets?  I've been poring over online pics of them, but they're not as fun as pony playsets to me... the houses are so adorable and detailed, but they're all in brown and cream and grey.  I mean, we need purple windows, and pink floors, and colours...

Sylvanian collectors already have an answer to this: customization!

It seems to be very popular and widespread in many different ways when it comes to playsets (customized critters seem a lot less common, but this is coming from a total newbie). Some collectors make wallpaper, flooring, rugs, art to hang on the walls, plants, furniture, blankets... anything you can think of! They paint buildings, build dioramas, sculpt beaches out of foam... it goes on and on. Its truly amazing! I think the official Sylvanian website even has some wallpaper templates? So it seems to be a very encouraged and big part of collecting for a lot of people.

This is my favorite Sylvanian blog (at least so far). Mimi made absolutely jaw-dropping dioramas for her town. The super detailed stuff is of course amazing, but even just seeing what paint and wallpaper can do for a run down playset is mindblowing!

You can look at a bigger variety of stuff from different people of all skill levels on the forum here!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
I have a pretty large Sylvanian collection that I need to put back on display.  :)

I have the larger townhouse: https://www.amazon.com/Calico-Critters-CC2085-Townhome/dp/B0007ORYB2 
Found it at the thrift store awhile ago for under $10. 
It's super cool because it lights up inside.  :)  I have bought all of the deluxe furniture sets for it; I think I was trying to make up for the younger version of me, who *really* wanted a dollhouse.  (Currently, I really want the bakery.)

But since everything Sylvanian is super pricey, I tend to either buy them only occasionally or get them at thrift stores.  I've had decent luck in that regard.  :)

BTW, that website looks really awesome.  I'll need to study it some more.  :)

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal