collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: sooo Shazam anybody?  (Read 586 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
sooo Shazam anybody?
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:59:42 PM »
XD
This is kind of amusing my sister and I apparently the movie staring Sinbad Shazam! NOT to be confused with the movie Kazaam! doesn't exist.

I remember this movie though, my older sister remembers it and so does my little sister. We also think it came out before Shaq's movie and were not impressed with that one because of it.

but even Sinbad himself is saying he's never played the character, but he had hosted several Sinbad movie specials wearing a genie outfit.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: sooo Shazam anybody?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »
Yep, Mandela effect! I have this not with Shazam but I distinctly remember that the Berenstain Bears were the BerenSTEIN Bears and having a conversation with my mother about the spelling and pronunciation.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:59:41 AM »
Yep, Mandela effect! I have this not with Shazam but I distinctly remember that the Berenstain Bears were the BerenSTEIN Bears and having a conversation with my mother about the spelling and pronunciation.

I think the Berenstain Bears are one of the most well known examples of the Mandela effect, in fact they are how I first learnt about it because I've had multiple discussions with different people who all remember them as Berenstein. It's so weird!
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
Not really.

It has to do with the way your brain remembers things and how it's influenced by a "mob mentality".

The very act of remembering something changes the memory. So if enough people confirm you remembered something a certain way, you begin to believe it. It's how compulsive liars can't tell the difference between reality and the reality they've created in their head.

Memories and how the brain processes them are still sort of a mystery to science, but this whole Mandela effect about alternate universes and such is just bunk. There's a reason why most of these memories consist of things in popular media or from TV. More people saw them, hence more people "convinced" each other they all saw the same thing, but they actually didn't.

As a personal aside: It was always Berenstain Bears to me and when I would come across it spelt the other way it drove me crazy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »
It has to do with the way your brain remembers things and how it's influenced by a "mob mentality"...

... but this whole Mandela effect about alternate universes and such is just bunk.

I didn't realise at first that the Mandela effect was a theory about alternate universes, I thought it was just about mob mentality affecting memory.

I find memory research very interesting and yet upsetting because I have a very bad memory that often frustrates friends and loved ones. I've been accused of deliberately forgetting things when it suits me and am no stranger to false memories.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 05:42:44 PM »
I read that story!  I saw the pic with Shaq and my first thought was, "Huh, I thought Sinbad did a genie movie, too."  Now, I'm so confused about my entire existence!!!  I was a HUGE basketball fan when I was a kid so I know I'm not confusing Shaq with Sinbad.  Other than having broad shoulders, I don't think they look alike!  But, I guess I'm merging some memories of different movies (First Kid!), clothing styles, etc of the time.  So weird.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal