collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yay, 2017! Returning from a long hiatus  (Read 391 times)

CakePop

• Trade Count: (0)
Yay, 2017! Returning from a long hiatus
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »
Hey everyone! I've been inactive on here for around 5 years, and a lot has changed since then, so I thought it was fair to reintroduce myself.

I've been into MLP in some way or another for my whole life, starting with getting some G3 toys as presents that I absolutely adored. I watched the G1 cartoons, and I was sad that I for some reason couldn't find any toys of my favorites from the G1 cartoon, like Galaxy and Gusty. Years later, when I was in middle school, the G4 cartoon came out, and that I rekindled my childhood interest in MLP. I devoted most of my free time to looking at fan works for FIM, and I annoyed my friends with how much I talked about it. Because FiM had only been out for a few months when I became interested in it, and I wanted more, I looked into the older generations and discovered the adorable G1 toys. Just to rant: I love the style of G1 toys so much! G4 ponies are pretty cute, especially in the cartoon, but they don't really resemble real horses, and the toys of G4 aren't great quality. While G3 toys are higher quality than G4, especially for their original price, something about the G1 toys makes them feel more soft and delicate. With the help of a friend, I ordered a few G1 ponies to form a small herd alongside my G4 collection. I'll always cherish those horses, and while someday I want to buy more G1 and G3 ponies, right now I don't have the money to put into collecting, and I'm mostly admiring from afar. If I do buy ponies in the foreseeable future, I might look for Munchy or Gingerbread, two of my favorites.

I also really like anime in general. My favorite is a tie between Yuru Yuri and Neon Genesis Evangelion (if you know anything about those two shows, they're so different it sounds like a joke, but it's true), plus I'm currently watching season 2 of K-On, which is really comfy. Aside from MLP, my other lifelong obsession has been Pokemon, and after finishing the main game in Sun and Moon I've been doing some Nuzlockes of the older games.

Part of why I'm back at the Arena now is because by the end of January, I'll have graduated high school! :happy: I'll have a lot more time to do fun things like talk about pretty ponies, and work on art of them! (I hope to do art professionally some day, and I'm excited to practice more.) There's so many talented people here, which is a little intimidating, but is also why the MLP community is so great. I'm pretty shy, so I might just end up lurking... but I think I'll get along well with all of you! <3

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: Yay, 2017! Returning from a long hiatus
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »
Welcome back! Always glad to see people return. I love talking to other collectors. I love G1 too but don't have any in my collection currently though I use to! G2 is probably my favorite but I love all generations. Currently I only have a small herd of G4's and a few G3's since I sold off all of my original collection a few years back. But like you, I still like to admire other collectors collections. I hope you stick around!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

CakePop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
Welcome back! Always glad to see people return. I love talking to other collectors. I love G1 too but don't have any in my collection currently though I use to! G2 is probably my favorite but I love all generations. Currently I only have a small herd of G4's and a few G3's since I sold off all of my original collection a few years back. But like you, I still like to admire other collectors collections. I hope you stick around!  :)
Thank you! :-)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »
Welcome back!!!

Even lurking it is nice to have you back on the forum and in our little community.  Make sure you pop in and say hi - even if it's just in the shoutbox or something :)  Graduation = pony buying celebration excuse... just saying!!! :silly:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
Welcome back, CakePop! Huge congrats on your graduation!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal