collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello Fellow Pony Friends!  (Read 285 times)

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello Fellow Pony Friends!
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm a US born 80's child and My Little Pony was the most coveted and loved toys for my sister and I. Last November I stumbled upon four G1 MLP's and the flame for them instantly re-ignited. I've always appreciated vintage toys, but when I found the ponies I was instantly hooked. I immediately started researching each pony I found, how to clean them up, and style their hair.

For Christmas my sister-in-law gave me 14 more ponies from her vintage Etsy toy store and my husband surprised me with Cutesaurus! Some of the ponies I've received have been project ponies (mold, tail rust, etc) and I'm really enjoying working on them and bringing them back to their prime.

I'm also a stay-at-home mom to a 2 year old and 4 year old boy. And my other hobbies include collecting Stephen Cosgrove/Robin James Serendipity books, thrifting, and having fun with my family and kiddos.

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Fellow Pony Friends!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:58:01 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

I personally love giving my newly inherited ponies trips to the spa.  It makes me feel like i'm giving them an induction to the herd :silly:

I hope you have an amazing time on the forum!  Feel free to also show us new members as they join the herd too in Brags :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
Welcome! Spa days are the best, right?! I love cleaning up ponies, I tend to bond with them so much more when they come to me as a project. Feel free to share cleaning techniques and styling tips here on the forums too, or ask any questions you might have.

I must say, I've always been a massive thrifter too. When I was a teenager, almost all of my clothes were 2nd hand, and I was always picking up ponies and books, too. Nowadays ponies are thin on the ground at thrift, so I usually get them from markets and online, but I still thrift for other things, it's too fun to stop now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »
Welcome! Spa days are the best, right?! I love cleaning up ponies, I tend to bond with them so much more when they come to me as a project. Feel free to share cleaning techniques and styling tips here on the forums too, or ask any questions you might have.

I must say, I've always been a massive thrifter too. When I was a teenager, almost all of my clothes were 2nd hand, and I was always picking up ponies and books, too. Nowadays ponies are thin on the ground at thrift, so I usually get them from markets and online, but I still thrift for other things, it's too fun to stop now!

I totally bonded with my Star Dancer! At first I didn't think much of her and even thought of giving her away after her clean up. But after researching how to straighten her tinsel and doing her hair, I couldn't part with her! She's very special to me now. I also thrifted as a kid. It was a fave and now by boys favorite thing to do too. :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 02:28:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, AbrielleRose!

Cutesaurus is an awesome gift, she's actually quite sought after. It was nice of them to give your more ponies, I'm glad you found your love for them again. Enjoy the forums!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal