collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check please for G2 MOC ponies  (Read 860 times)

Offline aiyanne-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • Aiyanne Chan
Price Check please for G2 MOC ponies
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:52:03 AM »
Hello MLP community!

I've spent a long time trying to work out what my Ponies can and should sell for. Research taught me that they're unpopular with collectors, however I can see from ebay listings that there is mild interest from a handful of fans.

My problem isn't new: I don't want to lose money, because the Ponies I have are uncommon/rare. I also don't want to charge unreasonable prices, because demand is small. Unsurprisingly, postage, ebay & PayPal fees make pricing extra difficult.

I'd love your opinions. Please let me know the most amount of money (including Post & Packaging) someone would be happy to spend on...

Generation 2, Mint-On-Card 'Secret Surprise Friends' (1998):

Berry Bright (card has minor warping with small crease on back)
Note: One ebay seller sold MOC Berry Bright for £20 (EXcluding Post & Packaging) in summer 2016.

Cupcake (manufacturer fault: paint has peeled back from the small magnet on her nose)

Secret Tale (dent in bottom-left corner of plastic box; severe crease on card. Manufacturer fault: looks like the sticker set (undamaged) that comes with the pony had slipped into the margins of the card before the product was sealed. With the stickers in the way, that part of the plastic box couldn't glue to the card properly. There's 2 inches of unsealed plastic on the left side)

Wingsong (a quarter of the graphics on the back of the card has been torn off; likely from careless removal of a sticky label. Otherwise packaging is secure and intact)

Generation 2, Mint-On-Card 'Magic Motion Friend' (1998):

Satin Splash (bottom corners of card are slightly curled and there's a remnant of a sticky label at front-top-right of card, but otherwise perfect condition)

I'd be happy to upload photos if that'd help. Many thanks for your time!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check please for G2 MOC ponies
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:22:57 PM »
They aren't the most popular ponies, I would say $10-20 each with the expection of satin splash you might get $25 ish for her

Offline aiyanne-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • Aiyanne Chan
Re: Price Check please for G2 MOC ponies
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:10:12 AM »
They aren't the most popular ponies, I would say $10-20 each with the expection of satin splash you might get $25 ish for her

Yes, I've definitely gotten the sense that they're not very desirable, but thought I'd be optimistic with pricing anyway just to test the waters! Thank you for the advice & for reminding me to stay realistic!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal