collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New ponies! Will update as I get more :)  (Read 871 times)

Weebkinz

• Trade Count: (0)
New ponies! Will update as I get more :)
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:15:47 AM »
Hello darlings! I'm super excited, I know dollar store ponies don't sound like much but they're so cute and are actually the first ponies to be added to my collection! As I wasn't a collector until I joined this site a few days ago uvu I found two variations of ponies at the local dollar tree. They were also on discount so I only paid 50 cents for each of them. I just bought these so they're brand new and I'm sure some of you have the same ones uvu

The two earth ponies in the boxes don't have cutie marks so I'd like to paint some on once I figure out the best one to use ^v^ I'll probably end up using a stamp and some nail polish once I find my stamps Change of plan, will be using acrylic instead due to some good tips!

The two pegasus come with little comb too and have cutie marks, it's a heart with music notes on both uvu

I haven't decided if I want to paint them or just keep them as is and make outfits and accessories for them uvu

Sorry the picture is so bad

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

UPDATE: I got a cute baby pony and a large sized twilight sparkle, Twilights hair had to be cleaned up since it looked like it had been singed off and was pretty matted, she was also covered in stickers and black marks. I have yet to fix up the baby pony as it also is covered in black marks and has somewhat ragged hair uvu  I added lace and resin cabochons to both of them, Twilight's pendant is a resin caste wheat penny in a bottle cap.

I might curl her hair because that's how I'm sure it was originally (as I had the luna variation doll that I sent to my sister)but I'm slightly worried that curling or straightening was how her hair got singed in the first place - So let me know if you have any hair styling tips for plastic hair! :D 

The baby pony's voice box still works however I could not find a bottle, if it's the same as I remember from when I was a kid, it should be opaque white, square, with a pink tip, and mlp written on the side uvu I plan to track it down soon

I don't know what pony this is, however I believe it's gen 3, feel free to share if you know which pony it is uvu
Someone said her name was petal dove uvu

I got a new pony 1/6/17
They're from the dollar store and are the same packaging as the first two almost uvu

Update: 1/13/17

I picked up a fakie glitter pony and a few mcdonalds toys at the thrift store! They're super cute but need some repairs uvu

Update 1/19/17

I got a bunch of ponies today at goodwill uvu

I plan to draw art of them uvu ALSO: If you know anything about any of my dolls, any interesting facts, production details, model details, generation details, or collectors details I'd love to hear it uvu Since a doll without a story is nothing more than a cute toy
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:15:17 PM by Weebkinz »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Cute dollar store pones!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
Awesome! They are G3 fakies, and very pretty ones too.

I will say though PLEASE don't use nail polish - a host of reasons including colour seepage and going tacky with the colour leeching onto anything it touches. Oh and it can seriously degrade vinyl too. Plus nail polish just isn't meant to last that long. You can get acrylic paint really cheap, much better to use that.

I love homemade ponywear! That would be a great idea as not many people seem to make it well.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
They're cute, I might have to look out for them myself! I only have one fakie, but I think there's room for more!

Weebkinz

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Awesome! They are G3 fakies, and very pretty ones too.

I will say though PLEASE don't use nail polish - a host of reasons including colour seepage and going tacky with the colour leeching onto anything it touches. Oh and it can seriously degrade vinyl too. Plus nail polish just isn't meant to last that long. You can get acrylic paint really cheap, much better to use that.

I love homemade ponywear! That would be a great idea as not many people seem to make it well.

Oooh thank you for the tip! I have some glossy acrylics that would probably work better :D And thank you, I'll upload some pictures after I make some outfits uvu For the most part I sew plushies but I'd like to get into sewing outfits too, I currently just make outfits for my human dolls so it'll definitely be interesting to sew them for a feral pony instead

Post Merge: January 01, 2017, 12:19:48 PM

They're cute, I might have to look out for them myself! I only have one fakie, but I think there's room for more!

You definitely should! I was super excited when I saw them, they even have nice hair that's been banded to keep it safe in packaging uvu and come with little combs.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:36:17 PM »
I love fakies. Those are actually some pretty cute ones. I collect Buddy L ponies which is considered MLP fakies. I have a small heard of them that watch over my G4's.

I like that they are G3 fakies. I always adored G3 ponies.  :blush:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »
cute finds there, my favorite fakes are the remco ones.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
They're very cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Weebkinz

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
I love fakies. Those are actually some pretty cute ones. I collect Buddy L ponies which is considered MLP fakies. I have a small heard of them that watch over my G4's.

I like that they are G3 fakies. I always adored G3 ponies.  :blush:

That's so cool! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the fakies uvu

Post Merge: January 01, 2017, 01:13:24 PM

cute finds there, my favorite fakes are the remco ones.

Oooh I'll have to look into those :D

Post Merge: January 01, 2017, 01:13:42 PM

They're very cute!

Thank you dear! :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
Cute fakies.  Thanks for sharing pics with us :D

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »
Neat I never seen those before. Congrats on your latest additions.

Weebkinz

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »
Cute fakies.  Thanks for sharing pics with us :D

Thank you! :))

Post Merge: January 03, 2017, 08:53:15 PM

Neat I never seen those before. Congrats on your latest additions.

Thank you! I love them a lot uvu

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal