collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly ID help requested - small (Brabie-scale) rooted-haired solid plastic baby  (Read 675 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Happy New Year everyone! :woohoo:

I would like to request your help in finding out who this little guy is - I have found him (he has a boy vibe to me, I guess it's about the blue bib that is usually used as a boyish feature in the playline doll world) in a thrift store a few years ago, and picked him up because he seemed to be a good quality doll, and I actually find him pretty cute and likeable, just not something I collect and need, so I plan to put him up for sale, hence I'd like to find out more about his identity.

- he is about 6-7 cms long
- he has a heavy (compared to scale), not hollow plastic body
- none of his accessories are removable, they are molded and painted on
- his hair is rooted
- his head, arms and legs move (simple rotation)
- I did not find any markings on him, from which I suspect he is not made by a major company like Hasbro or Mattel - but I might be wrong.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

does anyone know who he might be, and what he might be worth? any help is appreciated ^^
also, since he will be up for sale, please let me know if you might be interested in him ;)

thank you for your help in advance! :grouphug:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:06:07 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Something about him reminded me of a doll I came across some time ago, and sure enough, he's Christopher from the Tiny Blessing line: http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/tinyblessing.php

I'm not sure on price - I still have Tiny Blessing Kris in my sales for only $1.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:24:51 AM by Breyer600 »

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
oh wow - thank you for the super fast help Breyer600! :thumb: :hug:
the production date surprised me quite a bit - I almost wrote in my original post that from the feel and look of the plastic I would assume he's from the 2000s - but he was actually available when I was a kid (just not in my country, I have never seen these in stores) - and I'm sure I would have loved these dolls as a kid! even though they are not something I would collect, I'm sure I would not think of selling if it was Lee Ann or Katherine, they are my favorites based on pics :)

yes, their prices seem all over the place - currently running eBay auctions ask a small fortune for boxed ones, but it seems sold listings never even got close to be considered expensive. I think I'll try to list him locally for now (for not more than 2-3 dollars), hoping that he will have a bigger value in the eyes of a local collector, given their lack of availability here. I know there are several doll collectors in my country who like to set up families for Barbie-sized dolls and are prone to buy any doll who could possibly fit into such a scene, regardless of type or company.

thank you for the help again! :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Just commenting to say he's totally cute!

I bet someone from the barbie community will love him. Barbie doesn't make babies anymore. So hunting down a Krissy can be pretty expensive.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Glad I was able to help.  I have had one or two people interested in mine but as I recall they were overseas so shipping killed the sale.  Listing him locally for doll collectors, you probably have a better chance at selling him over there.  Good luck!

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal