collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best purchase of 2016?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Best purchase of 2016?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 03:46:01 PM »
You know, thinking about it. The tie for best purchase was a Princess Tiffany I bought for my friend. She had mentioned last time my husband and I stayed with her and her husband that she had Princess Tiffany as a kid, but lost it at the Jersey Shore and had been devastated.

So I promptly asked my husband if I could bid on one to get her for Christmas. And just seeing how happy she was when I told her I won it (I won the auction while we were still there lol) and when I was able to give it to her on Wednesday.. probably rivals getting one of my own grails.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 03:50:55 PM »
We're nearly there - just two more days to go. Anyone else who can't wait for 2017?

So to finish the year on a high - let's see your favourite new collection pieces.

Mine is definitely this vintage mirror.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need that mirror!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »
You know, thinking about it. The tie for best purchase was a Princess Tiffany I bought for my friend. She had mentioned last time my husband and I stayed with her and her husband that she had Princess Tiffany as a kid, but lost it at the Jersey Shore and had been devastated.

So I promptly asked my husband if I could bid on one to get her for Christmas. And just seeing how happy she was when I told her I won it (I won the auction while we were still there lol) and when I was able to give it to her on Wednesday.. probably rivals getting one of my own grails.
That's so awesome!

I think my best/favorite purchases of 2016 were Tornado, Thundercloud, and custom Baby Lofty. It's really hard to choose a favorite this year, though, because I mostly got grails that I'd wanted almost since I started collecting!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »
Oh my goodness, I bought so much this year I can't choose one. My highlights would have to be Brazil Baby Gusty, mail order 'Lil Sweetcake, a big lot of newborn twins, some euro/uk babies and I bought someone's childhood collection which had a bunch of playsets. I need to get better at taking photos but here's the childhood collection plus some others that I got the same day locally.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
It would have to be the Paradise Estate I found on Craigslist. I haven't bought too many actual ponies this year......but I was gifted a ton by my mom. So I guess that doesn't really count.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 08:11:31 AM »
We're nearly there - just two more days to go. Anyone else who can't wait for 2017?

So to finish the year on a high - let's see your favourite new collection pieces.

Mine is definitely this vintage mirror.

That is just so much awesome I cannot even begin to decribe it :inlove:

I haven't actually nought much apart from G4 this year. I have only recently got to a place where I can start sorting my bedroom/ponyroom out, everthing has been in boxes for years. So I really haven't had a best purchase :( Although saying that there is still 8 hours of 2016 left here in the UK, need to check evilbay in a mo so it could all change :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
I think my best purchase of this year was when I bought my first little group of G1 ponies back in spring.

Up until that point, I've only seen G4 and G3/3.5 ponies in person, so I was curious to see what they were like. Bought a couple and was excited to see them when the package arrived in the mail.

I was also super surprised to discover how cute they were??? Like, the pictures I've seen online are nice and all, but actually seeing them in the flesh -er... plastic- was like discovering a whole new world that I was missing out on.

Originally only bought five with the intention of not getting any more... but we all know how that usually turns out, so now I somehow have ten of them.  ^^;

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 11:42:22 AM »
I bought a custom Cadance plush at a con back in August.  It was hard to part with that much money all at once, but it was worth it.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
My best purchase was probably my minty g1 applejack. She was my first g1 ever, and now I have a whole herd of g1s ^.^

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »
My best purchase was only yesterday and it won't arrive until 2017 so maybe it doesn't count.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal