collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mattel vs MGA: Who had the better doll lines?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: Mattel vs MGA: Who had the better doll lines?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »
Haven't logged on in a few days but came back to see all the opinions on this thread. And wow, I'm so happy I'm not the only one who has been comparing the lines for years. The more I think about it, I really tend to lean towards MGA overall. But! My Scene dolls were amazing. And I would LOVE to see a reboot of these. I don't have any in my collection but they really did go toe to toe with Bratz. They were both great lines. I guess everything sort of has it's decline these days. Everyone is trying to make things cheaper. But it seems like Barbie went way cheaper than anything. I still love seeing new lines. And I really hope that maybe in a year or two, MGA will try with Bratz again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 04:48:23 PM »
I just saw a review of MGA bratz meygan, the study abroad one and I'm in love. Too bad she is next to impossible to find and super expensive... :(
:happy:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »
ALthough the quality of Mattel's MH dolls has definitely taken a serious dive- I will admit that I did preorder the "Born this Way" Lady Gaga doll- and she just came this week!  She looks super cute...  hopefully she doesn't have glue head!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on her! She's the last MH doll I really want but I'm having trouble justifying the cost with the line's constant issues.

She looks pretty cute and I like her face- my expectations for quality were not super high given her price.  No idea if she has "glue head"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mainly I got her because I wanted to support the "Born This Way" Foundation- and for ONCE my wife was somewhat interested in a doll instead of critical...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal