collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Brushable single bagged ponies on clearance at Target (awesome for customs)  (Read 1335 times)

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
So this might not apply to all Targets, but I thought I'd share with you guys just so you can check it out. Yesterday, when I went to spend a giftcard I got for Christmas, on the bagged ponies no less, I found that ALL of them had been clearanced, and not even in the usual Target style of "let's take a quarter off", they were half price at a dollar fifty, and I got to buy a whole bunch of them for my twenty dollars. Now, I use these ponies for customs because they're cheaper and I don't feel so bad about wiping off all of their paint detailing, so this was awesome for me, and now I have a pile of dolls to repaint and since I got them for so cheap I don't have to feel bad if I want to experiment on them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you don't know, the bagged ponies can usually be found in the checkout lane, and in this line they sell Applejack,Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Lily Blossom, Cheerilee, Lyra, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, so there's a decent variety of pony types to choose from for customs.

I have a suspicion they may be getting marked down because of the new brushables coming along, but it could also just be an end of the year thing. Either way, if you customize G4s I'd totally recommendn you go and check out your Target, who knows, you might get an awesome deal!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Wow! That is pretty much an unbeatable price! o_o

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
OOH! time to go check it out! :O
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I already have so many g4 baits from the flea market  :lol: don't tempt me to buy more

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Makaroni_the_pony

#I do what I want
#Buy some apples

• View Profile
I went to target a few days ago (not to specifically buy ponies) and I remembered this post and looked to see if the bagged ponies were on sale, and they weren't. So maybe its the location? I dunno.  :shrug:

Makaroni_the_pony

sometimes with Target it takes them a while to get all their stores to clearance things, because I think they do it by region, so I'd still keep my eye out, cause I know people who have found them marked down, and then also people who haven't uvu

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if these are sold in the UK? I've never seen bagged ponies over here

• View Profile
sometimes with Target it takes them a while to get all their stores to clearance things, because I think they do it by region, so I'd still keep my eye out, cause I know people who have found them marked down, and then also people who haven't uvu

yeah, ill just have to wait

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
when i think that ponies are 8,70€ here in Belgium... :(

i'd love a full set...
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Makaroni_the_pony

when i think that ponies are 8,70€ here in Belgium... :(

i'd love a full set...

lol, this is only the bag ponies, they're much more cheaply produced than our typical ones, with them being very prone to having their symbols and eyes chip off with very very little touching, which is bad for someone like me who likes to fiddle with their horses.

The normal ponies in box can sell anywhere from $9USD - $20USD+ each in stores, I have never bought a boxed pony for that reason, even though there have been some I've been fond of. Obviously there are some cheaper exceptions, but for the most part anything newer than a year or two old is gonna cost an arm and a leg (though I have been finding the new pearlized ponies for surprisingly cheap at a nearby grocery store of all places)

also the bag ponies only have some of the characters, with even Twilight being excluded from their production

one interesting thing about them though is that the Cheerilee has her proper cutie mark on them, as opposed to the modified G3 one she has on a-lot of the other G4 merch
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 07:30:21 PM by Makaroni_the_pony »

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
I have too many baits, but I stocked up anyway. :lol:
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Makaroni_the_pony

I have too many baits, but I stocked up anyway. :lol:
lol me too, and I just got my epoxy in the mail too so I really need to some customs

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
Those «bag ponies» don't even *exist* here....
I gave to buy my baits on yard sales and good will stores... so I'm really limited on who i get (drowning in pegasuses, and unicorns, but having troubles findinv earth ponies baits... )
Even with chipping paint, for customs they look great..

Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
Jealous.. Wish they'd sell them for that over here :(
Does anyone know if these are sold in the UK? I've never seen bagged ponies over here
I'm pretty sure I've seen bagged ones, maybe in Asda? Can't remember. Not sure they were the same bags though
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal