collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Applejack appreication thread (all generations welcome)  (Read 718 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Applejack appreication thread (all generations welcome)
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »
Hi, Twilight the unicorn is one of my favorite ponies but Applejack is also. I'm become a bigger fan of Applejack the last couple of years.  Why do you love Applejack?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Applejack close up by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Applejack appreication thread (all generations welcome)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
Applejack was one of the G1 ponies I never had but certainly wanted!  I thought he was a boy because why else would a pony have "Jack" as part of it's name, lol.  Even though I didn't have Applejack, I did have a really cool suncatcher of him.  One of those "make your own" kits with beads that you melted in the oven.

I'm glad Applejack is in G4, she's one of the most classic G1 earth ponies IMO.  But why do her toys always have eyebrows when none of the other ponies do, lol?

I remember being blown away when I first discovered that the UK / Europe got Baby Applejack.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:42:04 PM »
love applejack my fave pony and my first plus baby applejack was my first baby  and i loved that she was in the first animation :)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »
Applejack was one of the G1 ponies I never had but certainly wanted!  I thought he was a boy because why else would a pony have "Jack" as part of it's name, lol.  Even though I didn't have Applejack, I did have a really cool suncatcher of him.  One of those "make your own" kits with beads that you melted in the oven.

I'm glad Applejack is in G4, she's one of the most classic G1 earth ponies IMO.  But why do her toys always have eyebrows when none of the other ponies do, lol?

I remember being blown away when I first discovered that the UK / Europe got Baby Applejack.
I remember when I found out about Baby Applejack too!  I think I joined in every auction for her and lost them all.  I still don't have her.

I did have her US G1 version as a child.  But she never had a tail and I think I eventually gave her away.  More recently, I discovered a minty one in a lot I bought and also bought the UK collector's pose of her.

But yay! Applejack!  "This bridge doesn't feel very safe" is forever stuck in my head.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
Applejack was one of my first G1s when I started collecting! Oddly, she was my least favorite of the mane six when G4 started, but I've come to love her a lot more as the seasons have gone on. Also, she's my husband's favorite. :D
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:22:34 PM »
I love reading everyone's stories. My grandparents had a copy of Rescue at Midnight Castle that I watched almost every time I went to their house when I was growing up. Several of my favorite ponies now are ones that are featured in Rescue at Midnight Castle. The only ponies I had in my childhood herd from the special were Medley and Cotton Candy, but Applejack found her way into my herd as an adult. I was working on a story featuring Applejack and I think that is what made me really start to like her more.  I also think her clumsiness and tendency to get in over her head makes me feel sympathetic for her and makes her seem like a more realistic character. That being said I do have many favorite ponies including Applejack. :)

Ponyfan 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:27:28 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »
Her CP pose version is my favorite. She was one that took me a long time to find one in very nice condition.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 06:32:41 AM »
paging Beth McBeth...Beth McBeth you are needed in this thread!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 07:33:05 AM »
Don't have her yet, but I can't wait to get G3 AJ someday.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 08:52:09 AM »
I love Applejack, I had her as a child and love how she's the only pony that has survived through the generations from G1 to G4

Hubby bought me G1 Applejack for Christmas - he paid 99p and she's absolutely mint apart from missing her tail which is a small job to replace.  I'm made up!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 09:44:00 AM »
I love AJ :inlove: She was one I had as a child. I must ge some pics of mine, I have a few different versions of her.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline BethMcBeth

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
paging Beth McBeth...Beth McBeth you are needed in this thread!

LOL!!!! Awesome a total AJ thread!! :D

So Applejack is my favorite Pony, she was not my first pony more like my third or fourth pony. A family down the street when I was growing up gave her to me. (and most of my herd from childhood when their daughter out grew them.)
Well actually at the time I also thought Applejack was more of a boy too. I really think it had something to do with the voice actress -Sandy Duncan from Rescue at Midnight Castle/Firefly’s Adventure.  I think she specifically tried to make sure her voice was very distinct since she voiced both Firefly and Applejack. :D

I also really love how Applejack made it through all the generations too. Even though G2 was sort of renamed… :P And I think she made it through G 3.5 without being there… LOL!!
I do like the direction of Applejack in G4 especially working the farm and being very much a farmer. I always use to imagine my G1 Applejack picking apples and would climb my orange trees with her. ( I lived in South FL so we didn’t have Apple trees.) :P

As for the EQ Girls eh… I am not the biggest fan of the humanoids however the comics I enjoy and I have some small figures of AJ. I really liked her with the rodeo lasso. :P

Here is a small picture of some of my Applejacks.

And from time to time I have Cosplayed as Applejack. This one is before the FIM series lol! 

I am: ISO: G1 Baby Applejack and G2 Bright Bramley, and yeah other country Applejacks LOL
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:47:33 AM by BethMcBeth »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 03:19:16 PM »
Wow, great collection BethMcBeth :) I love your Applejack army and your picture of yourself dressed up like Applejack. I have a G1, G3 and G4 Applejack and hopefully one day I'll have Baby Applejack also.

I was surprised when I watched Rescue at Midnight Castle for the first time after not having watched it for many years at Applejack's voice too. I didn't remember it sounding so different from the other ponies.  Here is another screencap of Applejack.

IMG_0404 by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Ponyfan

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »
I like AJ from all generations, and i have one from each gen.G1 Aj is a beautiful and classic earth pony that i love.G3 is not like classic AJ but i absolutely love her colors.G4 applejack is my least favorite from the mane 6 but i still like her.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 05:22:46 AM »
I never had either Applejack or Baby Applejack when they came out. A friend of mine did, and I remember having this hazy memory of her in the collector pose, but then the first one we found at a carboot was shy pose and I got very confused until I realised she was so cool she got two poses ;)

In the UK cassette stories she had a very deep voice quite often. And she was always saying, Oh, Applesauce...

Then there was the song tape. I think that made her and her set iconic for me growing up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUgUu2_gBc

I always think of her as one of the quintessential MLPs of G1. I guess the FIM people thought so too ;) as she lives on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal