collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls Thread #4  (Read 28091 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls Thread #4
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
WOW!  Those are amazing!  Did you make the molds yourself?
I've never seen anyone make the doll and mold all original!  I would love to be able to do that!

No, though I'm flattered you think I am capable of such a feat! I've designed the line though and will sell the dolls as a full set (each will come with two sets of feet, the sea creature with two hands, dress, shoes, jewelry, etc)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
Tuneful! Those heads are amazing! I don't think I've got the patience to even attempt making dolls.

Love that dress on your Pipos girl Uninu it's so pretty!

Been playing with my PKF Tori and my new boy Vish, Tori got a new wig and Vish got some jewelry and a new wig.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vish showing off his jewelry

And Vish stuck with the sisters, Tori (the one with the pigtails and my AI girl Moss)

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2017, 07:34:50 AM »
I'm in doll buying purgatory right now. I found a doll I fell in love with but the for sale post was from October of last year so I figured it was just an old post and he was probably long gone. I sent a PM anyway and was very pleasantly surprised when I got a response that he was still available! I wrote back asking for a shipping quote last Wednesday morning. I still haven't heard anything back D: I really want this doll but now I'm worried. If communication is this slow I'm not sure it's a seller I want to work with - and it is NOT a cheap doll.

I did buy this guy, though. He's a dollshe 18M fashion - a scaled down MSD version of their SD sized dolls. I don't know that any of the 18M dolls in this body style have been produced yet but what I've seen of the other body styles they are all super nice. He's my most expensive doll to date, but he is the first doll I'm buying for a really specific character so he had to be just right.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:43:04 AM by NoDivision »

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
TwistedRiver, your dolls are quite cute!.   ^.^

And Dollshe does fashion size now??  I have to check them out.  Your choice is very handsome, NoDivision!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
Yup! They've got quite a few models available in fashion size (38-44cm kind of range). I know they've had some 28M ones out for a little while and they look amazing. I'm planning to get a 28M eventually too I just haven't quite decided on sculpt.

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »
Oh gosh NoDivision, he's so pretty! Hope you here back soon on the other doll! Maybe the seller is taking as long because they were so surprised to hear about someone's interest if the listing's been up since Oct.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
I'm in doll buying purgatory right now. I found a doll I fell in love with but the for sale post was from October of last year so I figured it was just an old post and he was probably long gone. I sent a PM anyway and was very pleasantly surprised when I got a response that he was still available! I wrote back asking for a shipping quote last Wednesday morning. I still haven't heard anything back D: I really want this doll but now I'm worried. If communication is this slow I'm not sure it's a seller I want to work with - and it is NOT a cheap doll.

I did buy this guy, though. He's a dollshe 18M fashion - a scaled down MSD version of their SD sized dolls. I don't know that any of the 18M dolls in this body style have been produced yet but what I've seen of the other body styles they are all super nice. He's my most expensive doll to date, but he is the first doll I'm buying for a really specific character so he had to be just right.

Photo is showing that famous PB "photo not found" image :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
Your Dollshe guy looks amazing NoDivision! I love his features!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »
Thanks! I'm pretty excited to get him. I was planning to wait a while to order my second dollshe guy, but apparently they are doing a fullset sale of the limited sculpts (and of course one of the ones I want is limited) starting tomorrow.... so I may have to order sooner than I expected. I'm going to faint with how much I've spent on dolls this month.

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:54 PM »
I'm going to faint with how much I've spent on dolls this month.

I know that feeling!  :blink:

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
WOW!  Those are amazing!  Did you make the molds yourself?
I've never seen anyone make the doll and mold all original!  I would love to be able to do that!

No, though I'm flattered you think I am capable of such a feat! I've designed the line though and will sell the dolls as a full set (each will come with two sets of feet, the sea creature with two hands, dress, shoes, jewelry, etc)
That's awesome too!!  I can't wait to see them when you're done!  :)

TwistedRiver, your little girls are adorable!  I have quite a few Ai dolls too.

NoDivision and TwistedRiver your boys are so handsome.  I haven't gotten a boy bjd yet, though I'd like to soon.  The Aimerai Weedy doll I'm getting will be my 4th girl.  I have 3 - 1/4s and a 1/6.  I'll have to post pics later.

How many of you have 1/3 size dolls?  I've been wanting to get one but they are so big!  Funny thing is, I think the biggest reason I want one is because sometimes I'll see doll clothes for a 1/3 that I love, but don't have a 1/3 to put it on.  XD  Granted I do see 1/3 dolls I love but have never made the leap to get one because of the size or the price!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:16:03 PM by Gypsy_Nights »
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »

That's awesome too!!  I can't wait to see them when you're done!  :)

TwistedRiver, your little girls are adorable!  I have quite a few Ai dolls too.

NoDivision and TwistedRiver your boys are so handsome.  I haven't gotten a boy bjd yet, though I'd like to soon.  The Aimerai Weedy doll I'm getting will be my 4th girl.  I have 3 - 1/4s and a 1/6.  I'll have to post pics later.

How many of you have 1/3 size dolls?  I've been wanting to get one but they are so big!  Funny thing is, I think the biggest reason I want one is because sometimes I'll see doll clothes for a 1/3 that I love, but don't have a 1/3 to put it on.  XD  Granted I do see 1/3 dolls I love but have never made the leap to get one because of the size or the price!

Thanks so much.
I don't have any 1/3 dolls, and don't know if I will get one, (still trying to wrap my head around the idea of owning a doll so large) I've fallen in love with a couple but the one I'd want most is DoD Duncan (believe he's 1/3) but I don't know that I will ever have him. I just recently got Vish and he's my first 1/4, other than that all of my bjds are Pukifee sized or smaller.
My collection is about half and half boys/girls but only two of my boys are "human" the other two being a Pipos Jr Cheshire and a Hujoo nano Freya.
So excited for you to get your Weedy so I can see pics xD

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 06:06:35 AM »
When I was searching for the perfect male doll for making this pair of characters I kept falling in love with 1/3 sculpts. There are some seeeeeriously good looking dolls out there (looking at you, Dollshe/5th Motif Venitu!) But I have a hard time connecting with even MSD size dolls, so I was pretty certain that SD would not work for me.

Post Merge: April 26, 2017, 11:20:20 AM

Put in my order for my second dollshe guy this morning. My paypal credit account is scary right now  :yikes:

I've put together aesthetic boards for my 2 guys since I'm so excited about them.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:20:20 AM by NoDivision »

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »
Those moodboards look great, No D! Is the second one a nod to Hellblazer or Castiel?

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »
He is most definitely going to be John Constantine, heh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal