collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you eat on christmas?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: What do you eat on christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 09:01:48 PM »
Our Christmas has changed a lot the last few years as our family changes. We used to have Christmas Eve at my parents with my grandparents where mom would make a ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy. Now I celebrate Christmas Eve with my fiancé's side. The meal seems to change from year to year there. This year will be potato soup, ham dumpling soup, and some Spam spread on buns. There will probably be wine and lefse too! My fiancé and I made no bake cocoa cookies, white chocolate Chex mix, puppy chow, scotcheroos, and Ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate almond bark.

We don't really do anything specific or special with breakfast. Christmas Day is at my moms side of the family which usually includes turkey and/or ham, twice baked potatoes, rice cooked with the turkey, lefse, my gramma's AMAZING Christmas sugar cookies, holiday punch, and lots of goodies like popcorn cake and other homemade goodies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 09:14:23 PM »
Not much different than on normal days. I am very picky with food and can't stand most Christmas dishes. ^^; I do have some favorite foods that I always associate with Christmas, like the rice porridge with cinnamon and sugar and, a Karelian-born that I am, Karelian pasties. Also a lot of glögg!

Glogg!  I've always wanted to try that.  :)

My family does semi-traditional American Christmas dinner.  A meat of some sort; this year it's turkey (because we were out of town for Thanksgiving) but other years, we've done roast, ham or goose.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and dessert. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 11:22:26 PM »
You're all getting me hungry! :P Interesting dishes, I had too google some of them. I really like the diversity everyone has.

slyons, your welcome, grandma usually cooks for double the amount of guests in case some stray should wander in (which never happens).. I have the pleasent task to peel the potatoes today. I promised I'd help and that's the task I was given.. My fingers will hate me at the end of the day, hehe, but I am thankful I have them.

Aaa, glögg.. totally forgot. We'll have that, gingerbreads and treats to Donald Duck at 3 pm.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 12:05:52 AM »
On Christmas Eve my mom does a big spread of sampler things like meatballs in a sauce, potato skins, flat bread with spinach dip, pin wheels, rolled ham, cheese balls, chili cheese dip ect. She has all kinds of sweets like those cream puffs, cheese cake bites, fruit dip. I could go on and on she has a massive spread that goes from the kitchen to dining room. We eat and chat, then she usually makes a few alcoholic drink choices and we play board games.

Christmas Day my mom does the traditional southern stuff like ham, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, casserole and pies ect. I know she spends like at least $500 on food and a whole week she prepares. My sister helps because making bread and truffles and fresh cinnamon rolls for everyone Christmas morning. I run errands because I suck in the kitchen. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 12:19:26 AM »
We usually have ham, turkey, chicken, prawns, roast veg or salad (depending on how hot is, this year is cool-ish, so roast veg it is, whoot!) for the main meal, sometimes that's lunch, sometimes dinner, it depends on everyone's plans. We also have LOTS of snacks. Hubby and I always make rum balls, apricot balls and white christmas, this year we made tia maria balls too (rum balls with tia maria substitute), and for other snacks we have pretzels, chocolate bullets, nuts in all their forms, shortbread, wafer cigars and so much fruit. We were in charge of snacks this year, we usually just make the sweets, and we maaay have gone a bit crazy, haha!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 12:53:23 AM »
I can't believe no one has said deviled eggs yet! Those are my favorite!!

We do a pretty traditional "American" Christmas meal. So usually ham, prime rib, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, bread rolls, and then the finger foods (veggie tray, deviled eggs, etc).
For dessert it's usually pie of various sorts. Pumpkin, Apple, cherry.

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 07:47:04 AM »
Ah this all sounds wonderful!

We are doing sort of the italian tradition of fish on Christmas Eve (it's usually the feast of the 7 fishes, which includes some weird stuff like whole bluefish and octopus) but we're having a simple salmon with herb butter. I'm actually going to my boyfriend's house this year and they're Puerto Rican so we're having pernil (a roast pork shoulder that his mom slow roasts ALL day) with some sort of salad and a small dessert. I'm bringing some hungarian cookies (filled with either raspberry, apricot, or poppy filling) as well, which we also have Christmas Day.

For Christmas Day which we do we have prime rib, eggplant parm, lots of vegetables and roasted carrots, and more cookies for dessert! We also have a traditional antipasto for an appetizer. Lately our family hasn't been eating too much dessert for some reason so we only have a few cookies and that's it  :lol:
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »
I can't believe no one has said deviled eggs yet! Those are my favorite!!

We do a pretty traditional "American" Christmas meal. So usually ham, prime rib, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, bread rolls, and then the finger foods (veggie tray, deviled eggs, etc).
For dessert it's usually pie of various sorts. Pumpkin, Apple, cherry.
My mom makes them in snack night, but left them out of the list since I hate them :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »
Nothing special. I tried to float the idea to maybe have a special meal but everyone (me included) wants to be lazy and not cook.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »
It's just me and I can't cook so I treat myself to a DiGiorno stuffed crust pizza  :lol:

I can get behind that. I love their stuffed crust pizzas^^

Usually we have turkey or ham, various side dishes and desserts are usually pies

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 11:18:16 AM »
I'm making chicken, stuffing, salad and flan. Mini is making strawberry scones.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 05:24:23 PM »
We are having crescent rolls, and honey brined turkey breast, with a few sides.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 02:37:24 AM »
Mhhh, sounds sooo good <3

We visited my in-laws yesterday and had roast beef with green beans (from in-laws garden) and potato chips. It was awesome! Today we are at home, no visitors, just us. We we will have some turkey with vegetables.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 03:14:12 AM »
We had a huge combination if salads - Israeli Couscous, potato salad, kumara salad, green salad!
The meat eaters had a lamb roast and sausages, we also had smoked salmon, haluomi and vege sausages.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 03:24:15 AM »
I'm having comfort food today as I don't take Christmas well. :lookround:

So it will be chicken schnitzel (with a thick cornflake crust! :hearts: ), chips and carrot. Now I'm having a big cup of cherry tea and filled chocolate balls. ^.^

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal