collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Santa?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Santa?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 10:01:49 PM »
Christmas has always been a big thing for my family. I don't know why but my mom and dad always have went overboard and spent too much. It's actually odd considering my sister and I usually never ask for anything because we know how hard it is to afford things. We both believed probably last nude then most because who doesn't want to believe in something magical? I think we were both sad when we found out but it's still fun. Lol my mom even says now "if anyone wants gifts they believe in Santa During Christmas."

I like the kind spirit of community and love during this season and that means enough to me. That's the entire meaning of Santa for myself. Lol, I'm 30 and my sister is 25. We still make cookies for Santa and put them out and read the Night Before Christmas together.  My sister still wakes us all up st the crack of dawn. I dunno, it's a fun game in a way. We also though always leave s gift from Krampus to my dad or my sister and I sneak surprise Santa gifts into our mother's stocking. It's just something fun for all of us, and I've never regretted those memories I hd as a child or even now.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 01:24:17 AM »
I never believed in Santa either.
I did however believe that animals got voices and could talk at midnight the day before Christmas.
So as a kid I tried to stay awake every night so I could talk to my dog, and every year I failed and I was so disappointed XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 01:31:02 AM »
I think I was 8 when I learned Santa wasn't real.

This topic makes me think of an incident in high school. I was a senior and was a taking a debate class. One day our teacher asked for suggestions for our next debate topic. This girl who was a year younger than me (so she would have been ~16 years old) said she wanted to debate the existence of Santa. I thought it was a joke and started laughing. She asked why I was laughing. Puzzled by her reaction, I said "how do you debate something that we already know isn't real?" She yelled "He is too real!" Then, she ran out of the room crying. The whole room was speechless.

Well, you learn something new everyday! XD I wouldn't have thought that was possible :blink:

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 03:28:13 AM »
I honestly can't remember exactly when I stopped believing in Santa, so it can't have been remotely traumatic! My mum was another of if you believe you get presents, so everyone 'believed' in Santa when we went to mums! We're expecting, so next year we get to play Santa, and we're super excited about it - for us it's about the joy that magic and the belief in magic can bring. Also having Santa bring the big ticket items keeps the heat off us to provide awesome gifts for birthdays, too... I'm totally kidding there, but it's still not a bad idea! Of course as our future kids get older, we'll explain the true significance of the holidays, but why not let them enjoy their innocence while it lasts? For now we'll have Santa, and the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, and anything else they want to believe in.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 04:39:36 AM »
I had an ongoing mindgame with my parents from the age of about five or six. I think I must have suspected it, but I was a precocious brat about stuff at times and I also paid attention to detail. My mother gave it away by talking about where she bought something that I had got in my christmas stocking that year, and I was on her like a flash. But I wasn't traumatised by it. I think a little relieved, actually, that some random strange man wasn't walking through my house at night. I had to pretend for a while after that for my sister, but she figured it out fairly quickly too.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 07:33:33 AM »
I don't recall ever believing in Santa. I'm not sure how exactly that happened, I think it's that my parents are Christian and wanted me to see Christmas as the birth of Christ instead and they thought that believing in Santa would get in the way.

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm really inclined to believe such things are real, anyway. I just find it very hard to believe in things without any tangible evidence I can get, and looking back in my childhood I was like that back then, too.

|My Collection|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 07:53:19 AM »
I think my favorite Christmas decoration of my mom's is a small statue of Santa Claus kneeling at the manger.  Every Christmas eve we would read the nativity story out of the Bible and have a discussion about what Christmas was really about and in the morning there would still be one or two presents from Santa Claus.  So we got to enjoy the magic aspects as well as the religious aspects of the holiday.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »
I did till I was 6ish? How I found out he wasnt real was when I saw the " to and from" tags. Santas hand wrighting was the same at my grandmothers. I was a bit disapointed but not really, kept up the act for my grandmother cause she seemed to be totally into it.

aww, that's sweet  :lovey:

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »
I remember so well when my older brother ruined Santa for me. I was four years old and we celebrated christmas at my paternal grandparents. In Sweden we get the presents on the evening of christmas eve and it's Santa who comes knocking on the door to deliver them.

My brother asked me to follow him upstairs into our grandparents bedroom and spread out on their bed was Santas attire and on the floor his boots with the pointy toes. My brother told me dad was gonna leave to buy the newspaper and Santa would appear shortly after and that I should see he was wearing those cloths, meaning it was dad dressed up as Santa.

I did not believe him but sure enough, dad left and a short while later there was a knock on the door. Outside stod Santa with the same cloths and shoes I've seen upstairs. When dad came back later I sneaked back to the bedroom and looked for the cloths and they were there dissarayed which even more proved my brother was right.

I told mom and she was livid at my brother which also confirmed all he had said. Dad chewed him out as well for ruining Santa for me. It led to Santa being outsourced to neighbours the following years so we'd not ruin it for our younger siblings. As we grew older it became a sport trying to figure out who it was beneath the mask.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »
I very much believed as a child until I was about 8 or so...until I saw Santa drive off in his car, (instead of his sleigh and reindeer) after his surprise visit to my large family gathering Christmas Eve   :lol:
Didn't upset me to learn about it though.

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 12:52:47 PM »
I don't remember seriously believing in Santa as a child.  None of our gifts were tagged "from Santa", so I guess I wouldn't have had any reason to believe.  I knew all my presents came from parents and siblings.  Also my mom was / is a procrastinator and would wrap her presents in the basement on Christmas morning while we all excitedly waited for her to finish. When I was seven or eight I was given the responsibility of filling all the Christmas stockings.  A fun job because I got to snack on candy as I did it.

I don't really get why some adults are so invested in getting kids to believe in Santa.  No one needs to believe in a fat guy in a suit to make Christmas a magical time, it just is!  I loved Christmas as a kid . . . putting lights on the tree, taking out the favorite ornaments, baking Christmas cookies with my mom, playing in the snow, then coming in to drink hot cocoa.  My non-belief in Santa didn't deprive me of anything.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 08:52:39 PM »
I figured it out around 7 I think when I moved into a new house and saw my presents in the closet xD

When I was little I thought all the donated toys in stores went to Santa and he gave them out to kids who wanted them on their wishlist- thats how I got name brand toys I KNEW Santa didnt make!
:rofl:

With the to and from tags my family wrote in all caps to confuse me LOL!

I dont know if I want to do the whole Santa Clause thing with my future child when he/she is born. I will feel bad for lying  to them but at the same time I want them to experience  that magical feeling I had when I was about 3!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:55:54 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
I think I figured it out when I was nine or ten?  Santa's handwriting looked suspiciously like my mom's. 
Then again, maybe they just have similar styles.  :)

My mom actually told me, however, when I was ten or eleven.  It was part of a larger, "growing up" conversation.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 10:41:37 PM »
I did sort of until I was about eight or so. My parents had most gifts from them and one from Santa, so it wasn't too big of a deal if he wasn't real. Around that time I was sleeping on a pull out couch in the living room (I think this may have been my choice, I can't remember that far back very well) We had a fireplace in the same room, so I waited until what I assumed was past  midnight and therefore Christmas Day. I didn't see anyone come down our chimney, so I figured "I guess Santa isn't real", then promptly fell asleep.

I very much believed as a child until I was about 8 or so...until I saw Santa drive off in his car, (instead of his sleigh and reindeer) after his surprise visit to my large family gathering Christmas Eve   :lol:
Didn't upset me to learn about it though.

This reminds me of the time I told one kid that Santa drove around in a magic Minivan. He was 6 at the time, so I think he believed me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:49:34 PM by zombienixon »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 09:58:15 AM »
I never did. I only kid of 'did' for the fun of it for a little while and that was all.

Northstar: Aww I kind of feel sorry for that girl.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal