collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal claim/response?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Paypal claim/response?
« on: December 21, 2016, 05:33:57 AM »
I have several ponies for BIN right now. Anyway, while I had my toddler at the doctor yesterday, one of them was bought, so I was not able to get it in the mail before the mailman came to my house for the day.

A couple hours later I get a message from Paypal:

"Please Respond within 7 Days Regarding Case #
You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by
the PayPal account holder.  Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating:"

"We recommend that you don’t ship the item until our investigation is
complete.  If you’ve already shipped the item, please log in to your PayPal
account and go to the Resolution Center to provide the shipping details."

So I log onto my account, and sure enough, there is a case going about this. I'm a little confused about this. I clicked the option that I haven't sent the item and to issue a refund to the buyer. That seemed like the only option that pertained to this situation. But Paypal is holding the money for at least a week while they "investigate." So, my question is would this have been something that the buyer instigated because they regretted their buy? They only have 1 feedback, so they are a new buyer. They didn't send me any messages. I would have worked something out if they needed me to, like if they had a kid who decided to use their account. It just seems weird. Anyway, I added them to my block list because I had a funny feeling about this whole thing. If anyone wants me to pm them their eBay name, let me know. And if anyone has any insight about this kind of thing, please fill me in because I haven't had this happen to me before.

Post Merge: December 22, 2016, 05:21:33 AM

So no one has had this issue? Wow, Paypal, thanks for this. EBay wants me to ship out the item. Obviously, Paypal hasn't notified eBay of the problem because nothing is showing up on eBay. Nothing from the buyer. No guidance or anything other messages from Paypal about why they would be suspicious of this transaction. Especially since the buyer's address is the address I was asked to ship to, which I provided to them...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:21:33 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal claim/response?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:35:58 AM »
I would give ebay a phone call - or at least email them but a call is best ( I know its a pain) and explain what's happened as regarding the Paypal case.  You cant ship the item, but ebay needs to know what's going on since Paypal and ebay are separate now I believe.
 The situation does sound odd but I seem to remember someone having a similar situation... I'll have to see if I can find it in a search  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »
If you have cancelled the order and issued a full refund then no, ebay can't tell you to ship an item.  What they are requesting makes no sense at all.  Make sure that on your ebay sales account you can see that the order was cancelled, reason exists and that the sale was cancelled.  The fact that paypal is involved makes me think quite possibly the person that bid on that pony has caused some problems in the past and it has been a huge mess so it is set up to red flag if the account is used again.  Maybe I don't know.  If you cancel a transaction they have no right to hold funds. In my opinion paypal is really misbehaving right now.  There is no case if a refund is issued. This just makes no sense at all.  Unless they are worried about a fraudulent use of their site.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »
That's the thing. It shows that the transaction is in limbo right now in my PayPal account. It shows the buyer paid. It shows a claim/response needed. I click on that and it says it has my response and they are currently investigating. So although I chose the option to refund them, PayPal still hasn't done that. And I'm not going to just refund them because eBay will be like WTH are you doing? They paid you and you are refusing to ship their item? And I also don't want to refund them and then PayPal refund them again on my behalf when they are done with their investigation. This is why I wish they would give me more information.

And yet on eBay it shows buyer has paid and it's time to ship. In fact, I keep getting prompts from eBay to ship now. Ugh! PayPal says don't ship. EBay says yes ship. Annoying! They really need to communicate with each other.

So the last thing I heard from PayPal was just thank you, your end is fulfilled. And they will investigate. So, since they didn't issue the refund that I chose as the option, I assume they will when they are done?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:54:38 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
This sounds weird.  :/

As much as I hate to call any company, I think I would call eBay in the situation and see if you can get this resolved.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »
I called eBay but they were no help. They couldn't do anything for me. He said it showed paid and that's it and I would have to talk to PayPal. He wouldn't even do anything so I wouldn't get the prompts to ship since the payment is in hold status. He transferred me to PayPal where there is an almost hour long wait. Nice.

Post Merge: December 22, 2016, 03:08:51 PM

OK, it was twice as long of a wait as they claimed but at least they called me. PayPal said it could possibly be that the buyer had their credit card stolen or had some fraudulent activity on their card so it was flagged. And that the case could take 10 days. I asked if there was a way I could just refund the payment and be done because I didn't like it being in limbo and she said she'd do that for me since I couldn't do that since the payment was in hold status. So now it's done. It's showing up as refunded on eBay and I can relist it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:08:51 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
Just a quick update on this if anyone cares:

Still no word from the original buyer. I think everything is OK there. I think they initiated it because they probably made a mistake or their kid was playing with the computer and bought a lot of stuff and so instead of contacting me and any other sellers, they initiated a PayPal claim.

However, the eBay app on my phone is still being a pain, claiming I still need to ship the pony even though the money was returned and later sold to someone else. I wish there was something I could do about this but the eBay rep completely blew me off and was a total jerk to me when I called them. At least PayPal customer service (even though it took me over an hour to get a hold of) was helpful and understanding.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal