collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone following Iron Gundam??  (Read 403 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone following Iron Gundam??
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
The latest Gundam show has exceeded the usual Gundam formula by adding a surprise automaton people-killer for our heros and antagonists to deal with Yay! and this week it fired its energy weapon and dang it's practically straight from War of the Worlds, check it out:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If they make a toy of this "mobile armor" I'm going to buy it for sure!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone following Iron Gundam??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:21:22 PM »
Oh I didn't know there was a new one out!! I've been a huge fan of Gundum for a long time. Heero Yuy was and is my favorite character from all the Gundum series.

lostpony

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »
Oh I'm sorry I've spoiled the mid-series surprise for you!  But we still don't know how it will go, the thing just woke up and is proving to be quite a handful.

I can't remember for which Gundam that character is from...Wing?  I first watched in 2009 with OO gundam and loved Setsuna F Sae and it was all about "solar" generators that never deplete then I watched the original which was a LOT more tame as to the equipment, requiring a carrier with short operating times but once I got used to that aspect I simply ate them all up...I love Captain Bright and his basic carrier command style and advice "don't forget to put a barrage" and "what are you shooting at?" and the Nahel Argama got up there with the Enterprise and the Millenium Falcon for me.  There is actually a current prequel series about Char that's pretty darned good call Origins but like Unicorn is taking years to come out in just a few big episodes, not the standard weekly 50.

You can watch Gundam: Iron Orphans on Crunchyroll.com which is about child labor and of course, a special person finding a Gundam (as always) and you should binge-watch it and catch up!  So far this one goes in the direction of physical contact being a primary combat theme, not beam weapons and energy shields as much, and I really like that aspect and my favorite Gundam operator so far is this one's Mikazuki for his calm efficiency...a lot like Setsuna but even more so.  I always wonder how the next Gundam will manage to be different and it always is.

Every year or so I search to see if there's a new Gundam and this year there was one Yaaaay.  Enjoy.  This one seems particularly good so far!!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
No worries about spoilers I tend to look up spoilers anyway.

He was from Wing. I loved his Gundum I bought the figure.

I'll definitely have to give this one a try.

lostpony

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
The only thing I remember about Wing is when some guy says "Get in your gundam and let's fight!"

Happy Gundam'ing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal