collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guardians of Harmony toys  (Read 20039 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Guardians of Harmony toys
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
HOLY COW they are discounted on Amazon all right!

That's a VERY good tip. 

Please leave a few for me to buy tomorrow cuz that's where half my check is going right after I get it into the bank tomorrow.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 04:22:08 AM »
Moonbreeze (I love your celestia avatar image!) I did notice imperfection on my Shadowbolt's paint too where the body color shows through but I also don't mind.

Thank you ^^ and yeah, I touched up the bad paint on my Shining Armor.

And holy moly that fan edition Chrysalis is amazing!

*edit, here are the two other sets I have  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:22:47 AM by Moonbreeze »

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
I wonder why they chose to give Chrysalis boxing gloves and a wrestler mask, of all things. She looks cute on her own, though!

I finally got Twilight and the drone, and YIKES those wings! Rainbow and the Shadowbolts'  are much better. Twilight's fall off if you so much as look at them wrong. Also, her teeth bother me a lot less than i thought they would. But she's so top heavy I can't get her to stand in any cool rearing poses :(
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 10:11:13 AM »
AAAND.... They still can't get Rainbow's hair colors right. At least we now have eye color gradient like the first wave ponies.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
I have Pinkie and her party cannon and I love it, very solid and she looks so cute and happy. I dearly want NMM (well, I'd prefer Luna but NMM looks amazing anyway) and I'd like Cheese Sandwich too. Sadly they're exclusive to one toy chain over here and I don't think I've seen NMM at all so not got my hands on them yet.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »
I have Pinkie and her party cannon and I love it, very solid and she looks so cute and happy. I dearly want NMM (well, I'd prefer Luna but NMM looks amazing anyway) and I'd like Cheese Sandwich too. Sadly they're exclusive to one toy chain over here and I don't think I've seen NMM at all so not got my hands on them yet.

I have been seeing NMM at almost every Super Walmart (that is if you have walmarts in the UK), but they keep selling out! I really dislike Walmart's MLP section because they have hardly anything, but they keep getting the GoH Celestia and NMM. I also always seem to find Funko ponies at Walmart as well, I recently purchased Octavia, and Walmart is the only store where I can find them.

lostpony

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:26 AM »
I wonder why they chose to give Chrysalis boxing gloves and a wrestler mask, of all things. She looks cute on her own, though!

I finally got Twilight and the drone, and YIKES those wings! Rainbow and the Shadowbolts'  are much better. Twilight's fall off if you so much as look at them wrong. Also, her teeth bother me a lot less than i thought they would. But she's so top heavy I can't get her to stand in any cool rearing poses :(

Didn't you know that since her latest defeat, the Queen is now into Mexican tag-team wrestling!

Hasbro knows the poses won't stand up, on the box it says "requires hand support"  Maybe, if this line does very well, they will make more action figure style things and learn to do it a bit better.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
They're cool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2016, 11:02:44 AM »
how bout a transformers Queen that re-folds into Cadance

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2016, 11:19:53 AM »
how bout a transformers Queen that re-folds into Cadance

That would be awesome!!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »
i just ordered spike from amazon he was   14.00 (after tx ) free ship!!

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
they are insanely cheap on Amazon, alright!! The big Discord is only 6 dollars!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »

Ever seen that uber-creepy sequel to Wizard of Oz called Beyond the Looking Glass?  Chrysalis looks like those Wheeler dudes.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2016, 04:31:32 AM »
I have Celestia and Nightmare Moon and love them.  But I am disappointed that my Nightmare Moon can't stand on her own - I have to put something under her one hoof or she will fall right over.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I really want a Shining Armour next, he looks awesome.

Mine stands up great.  A little disappointed only the wings are articulated though...I'd add pics but she looks just like the one pictured earlier here and she stands on her rear hooves and a points on the bottom of her tail where it is directly under her front hooves.

Do you have a picture of yours?  Maybe the point on the tail is wrong and can be corrected.

I took some pictures, I will put them behind a spoiler tag.  Looking closer at her, I am wondering if her left rear leg is too short or if the little tail swirl is too long?

Spoiler
This is a picture of me attempting to make her stand up straight.  You can see that her left rear leg is quite a bit off of the ground.

Close up of the hoof.

And this is what she looks like if I try to have her stand on her own.  I have to hold her up or she topples.

My current set up to keep her upright.

lostpony

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
I have Celestia and Nightmare Moon and love them.  But I am disappointed that my Nightmare Moon can't stand on her own - I have to put something under her one hoof or she will fall right over.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I really want a Shining Armour next, he looks awesome.

Mine stands up great.  A little disappointed only the wings are articulated though...I'd add pics but she looks just like the one pictured earlier here and she stands on her rear hooves and a points on the bottom of her tail where it is directly under her front hooves.

Do you have a picture of yours?  Maybe the point on the tail is wrong and can be corrected.

I took some pictures, I will put them behind a spoiler tag.  Looking closer at her, I am wondering if her left rear leg is too short or if the little tail swirl is too long?

Spoiler
This is a picture of me attempting to make her stand up straight.  You can see that her left rear leg is quite a bit off of the ground.

Close up of the hoof.

And this is what she looks like if I try to have her stand on her own.  I have to hold her up or she topples.

My current set up to keep her upright.

It looks to me like the problem is the pose of that left rear leg.  Mine is a lot further back, and you can see the proper position in the one pictured in the second post on the first page of this thread.  Yours is so far forward that it contacts the floor too short.

It would be risky, but you could try breaking the glue between the lag and the tail and pushing the leg back and regluing it there.  You could use a sharp blade to cut the glue, but I'm not sure you are going to be able to make the hip joint rotate to reposition the leg, because it could be glued.  You might also be able to cut a little off the tab on the bottom of the tail, which would lean her forward and change her look a bit but should correct the left/right problem.

If she were mine I'd either attempt the repair or keep her in the box and get another one.

Or, maybe you could pose her with another figure under hoof:  a vanquished foe! and take advantage of her difference.  If there is anypony that thin...

She's just $15 on Amazon...did you buy her retail?  This is a serious enough flaw you might be able to exchange her.  Good luck!

Post Merge: December 24, 2016, 12:16:30 PM

Yay I just ordered Amazon GoH toys !

I got Wonderbolts for $15,
Shining Armor for $10,
Q for $6,
Cheese for $6,
Pinky for $6,
Rainbow with Tank (yay Tank!) for $6,
an extra Shadowbolt for $4.50,
threw in Funko Daring Do and Muffins for $11.50 each,
and got free shipping going over $50.

I also got another guitar book to help me understand the fretboard better but that's off topic.  Amazon rocks!!

Can't help but think I should have ordered 2 of some of these, some to share or sell, but....just the extra shadowbolt for now.  Maybe I add one to my ponies at work.  These prices can't be beat, get yours while supplies last as they say.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:16:30 PM by lostpony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal