collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Experience with fedex?  (Read 883 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Experience with fedex?
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
I just bought something on ebay for Christmas on the 15th but it's coming by Fedex. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they normally fast or slow? I am hoping they aren't too slow. It says 2-8 days...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Experience with fedex?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:18:21 PM »
I hope it depends on the area...for me, they are SLOOOOOOW(and fedex smartpost is even slower.) I usually get their stuff on the 7th or 8th day. It almost never comes to me before the date they have scheduled on the tracking. :( They've never been late on me though, at least.

It probably also depends on how close you are to where your item shipped. Seems like every time I end up with fedex(I avoid them purposely whenever possible), it ships from the other side of the country. So that may have something to do with the 8 day waits too.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
I hate fedex. They never deliver early. It's like they keep it there until the day of deliver, even if it's sitting in my town for a couple of days. So annoying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
I hate them.  They refuse to actually deliver, they sit in the truck, fill out the slip, then they just leave the slip and expect you to go to the depot. 

Except that we live 5 minutes from the depot and the driver has a bad habit of leaving the parcel in his/her truck for days, so going to the depot isn't even an option. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »
I've used them any number of times for larger packages and have never had a problem.  However, I always make sure the person I'm sending to is OK with using them since it definitely does depend on your location as to how good they are.  It's been awhile since I had to ship anything that big, but as I recall, the delivery date estimates are pretty accurate.  If they hand off to the post office for the final delivery (the smartpost option) it will add at least a day though. 

I've never had them leave a notice for a package.  The only time that happened was with the post office when we had a sub instead of our regular carrier. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »
I hate fedex. They never deliver early. It's like they keep it there until the day of deliver, even if it's sitting in my town for a couple of days. So annoying.
^ This has been my experience too. I don't understand why they won't deliver early.

This has nothing to do with delivery times, but there have been several times when I was home when FedEX delivered and I would witness them THROWING packages marked "FRAGILE" onto the porch... Like they couldn't even be bothered to set the package down or walk another 2 feet...  >_<

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 11:42:44 AM »
I'm not a fan - even if it's allowed by the type of shipping they refuse to leave a package at the door. Even when provided with their signed slip saying they will leave it. I always have to call and complain to get them to leave it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
I have nothing but positive things to say about Fed X.  When I have to ship over sized boxes they are 10.00 cheaper than usps, within my country it only takes about 3 days for delivery, it is fantastic and accurate tracking.  The insurance is free.  I love Fed X.  If I could use them for everything I would.  I always talk to the Fed X people about clicking on the computer to leave the package without signature, and they always leave it.  I watch them put all of that in the computer and it shows up on my tracking as well.  We have an excellent Fed X office with employees that do their job right and that makes the difference.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:21:51 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal