collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Okay a Rant! - Sorry ;)  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Okay a Rant! - Sorry ;)
« on: December 15, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »
Hello Everypony  ^.^

So just a little rant. :enraged:

I bid on a Pony a few days ago & would of bid more nearer time (I did put a fairly high bid to start)
The seller put it on as a Buy it now today (didn't see this, otherwise I would of brought it) but hadn't ended the listing I had bid on, then when it sold they deactivated the listing.

Pretty peeved off at this, didn't even bother contacting me. I bid on it because I wanted it! Not for giggles :(

So my question to you all is there anyway I can report this seller? Why put it on at bidding if your then going to sell it as a buy it now to someone else once it already has bids on it?
Am I just so out of the loop this is how ebay works now?  :P

Not only am I annoyed at the seller, kinda annoyed at the buyer too for doing this, you want it bid on it like everyone else does.

Okay rant over  :biggrin: just kinda ticked me off! ;)

Hope everyone has a great Christmas & is having better buying luck than me  ^.^
 :lovey:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Okay a Rant! - Sorry ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 11:57:28 AM »
That's strange. eBay usually blocks duplicate listings for the same item from the same seller, and if a seller has more than one, they're required to use one listing with multiple quantities. The buyer likely didn't know or see the other listing, so no sense in being peeved at them. If it was a BIN and they took advantage of it, that's how eBay works. But I get it, it stinks.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
O well.. I guess rubbish happens ;) just ticked me off a little. More important things to worry about at the moment, just had to say I think it is really rubbish when sellers do this. If it was buy it now to start with I would of brought it  ^.^
Lollipop

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
May you find that pony again soon...in better condition and for a better price!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »
If the listing is in your didn't win list, you might be able to report the listing number as a duplicate to ebay for violating their T&C's.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »
I would report them. Nothing may happen other than eBay will give them a strike against their account but at least they will be aware of their shady practices.

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 03:54:51 AM »
Thank you :) I shall see what I can do.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas  ^.^
 :lovey: :xmas:
Lollipop

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »
Unfortunately Ebay seem to be a lot less strict on dodgy selling practices now. It used to be the case that if you had an auction open then it had to run its course and you were not allowed to close it to sell to a private offer. Now you are allowed to do that if you cancel all bids and put a BIN on the auction, but it is meant to be on the auction they originally listed, not a new one so I guess the seller didn't know how to do that.

I know there are a few folk on here who ebay list and offer ponies here simultaneously and I don't know how exactly that works, I think it's pretty risky and confusing even if it does benefit us as collectors to be able to get a better off-ebay price. They aren't breaking rules because of what I said above. However some sellers on ebay play this rule to the opposite extreme in order to milk more money from a buyer.

I sometimes see sellers who list items at silly prices. They then put a BIN on and close the auction claiming they have a private buyer. They relist the same item some months later at an even higher price, and they have done this so many times with the same few ponies it's obvious that they aren't selling the ponies, but are trying to persuade the market that that's the going rate. I don't think that' the case in your situation, I think it;s just someone made a private offer and the seller didn't know how to amend the listing to add the BIN - but they SHOULD have cancelled your bid first.

And I'm old school, and I believe that if your auction has a bid on it you should be obliged to see it through and strictly penalised for taking private offers. And that buyers who make private offers on auctions which have bids on and are not BIN auctions with the offer button active ought to also be strictly dealt with.

Ebay is a real free for all these days in the moral stakes. I'm sorry that someone thought to mess you around at Christmas, and hope you find the same pony for a much better price in the new year ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »
Thank you Taffeta  :hug: hopefully I will find another one in the new year ^.^ luckily it wasn't leaper or I really would be fuming ;)  :enraged: hehe
Lollipop

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 04:50:04 AM »
Ugh that's so awful and frustrating!! :(   
The dodgy stuff that sometimes goes on on ebay drives me crazy. I've had issues like this myself and its really upsetting.
The person should not cancel the auction if there are bidders on it. Once there are bidders they cant change their auction (they can add a BIN or change the auction if there are no bidders) . At least that's how it used to work , it may have changed since .  The seller would not have been able to add a BIN at that point, so that's prolly why they cancelled it.  Either way though what this seller did is not something acceptable and even though ebay doesn't always take action, they do sometimes, so its worth reporting the seller anyways.  I would definitely report them.  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Aylaliq

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »
Just adding my two cents as a person who sells on Ebay:
What that seller did was WRONG on multiple violations.
(1) Sellers can not have TWO seperate listings for the same item
(2) If someone has already bid on their item, they can't just cancel the auction and then list the SAME item in a DIFFERENT listing. You have to have a GOOD reason to cancel an auction with any bidders.

What this seller did was shady business practice & they shouldn't get away with it. Definitely report them so they dont do that to someone else.

Hope that helps a little. Sorry that happened to you.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
These days a lot of stuff that in the old days we would've listed on the bad trader list goes on on ebay and nobody even comments on it. I think we've all been there with cancelled bids and greedy sellers. It's always worth reporting, but ebay is so big now that the chance of much happening is sadly very low.

If the sellers that had dodgy practices got no bidders in future because of those practices, it would probably make them stop. But again, ebay is too big for that to really happen.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal