collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's going on with Tangkou?  (Read 898 times)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
What's going on with Tangkou?
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:24:52 AM »
I've been out of the loop for quite a while regarding dolls.

I was looking for a new Tangkou only to find the website no longer works and I can't find any info. Does anyone know if they have stopped trading please or are they just revamping the site? Kind of disappointed I can't find any info on new dolls :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: What's going on with Tangkou?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up closing down ): I love my Tangkou girl to bits but the "random" aspect (being advertised with specific eyelids/accessory colors and having it actually be 100% random) was very frustrating. I never bought another because of it and I have no clue if they ever fixed that.

Looking on eBay I found a few I haven't seen before. "Gap Year" seems to be a boy, "Pinocchio", and "Riding Hood". Gap Year looks pretty cool and I think I'm gonna have to add him to my someday list.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »
It would be such a shame if they did :( They are so pretty, I love their eyelids! But yes getting randoms is frustrating. I really want Loli but can only find one, and I think she is a tad expensive, so waiting on eBay to dish up a cheaper offering :D The early ones are cute too but they aren't articulated. I am a stickler for articulation! Guess I could get an alternate body but I would have a clue how to remove heads etc.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:49:29 AM by Gingerbread »

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:17 AM »
Honestly I couldn't even tell you the last time I heard anyone mention Tangkou... its been years. I don't think they ever got very popular. Such a shame. The dolls are so pretty, and their bodies are miles above Blythe/Pullip as far as looks go imo.

I found this abandoned FB page while trying to see if they were discontinued but that was all I could find. Their eBay store is still active and seems to have most of eBay's Tangkou stuff. I might try and nab some of the clothing they have up for my girl.

A rebody should be really simple! Just unscrew the back plate and be careful of the eye mech. You might even be able to loosen the screws and swap the body without fully removing them. If you search "Tangkou head" on Flickr there's some photos that might help.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 04:33:11 AM »
That's great, thank you :) I love the duck and bunny girls but never got them because of the articulation.

The website says it is "under construction", that was over a year ago. I loved the photos on the website so sad they have taken it down entirely instead of leavin it up as info.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 04:43:20 AM »
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help :) The duck girl has always been a favorite of mine too.

I don't get it. Even searching for the company that made them brought up nothing. All I could find was the Toybox Philosopher review I got the name from and like, Pinterest posts. I wish we knew what actually happened.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 07:29:07 AM »
Yup there is nothing but old reviews and stuff out there. It is odd.

Offline TheFrostWitch

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 07:00:03 AM »
Its funny, I just recently discovered these girls, and was getting ready to create a post to ask where the heck to buy one, as the only place I've seen them is on eBay, and they don't have the one I want on there (Fairy)! Sad if they closed down as they are kind of cool! I saw some listings for them on Alibaba but looks like you have to buy wholesale 0_o I really don't need 12 of them :P
I'm back!  :lol:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
I have messaged them on FB but no answer yet. I hope they are just taking a bloody long sabbatical and that they will be back soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal