collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can someone tell me how Greek ponies are marked?  (Read 717 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me how Greek ponies are marked?
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:52:24 AM »
I have been looking at a lot of Greek ponies, but in many auctions they have no pictures of the hooves.  Some pictures the hooves say Hong Kong which doesn't seem right to me while others are completely blank?  So, being a little new to Greeks...can someone tell me what to look for to make sure I am purchasing a real Greek and not something that is passed off as one when it isn't?

I guess this may be a dumb question, I am new to collecting Nirvana is all. :blush:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:06:14 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Can someone tell me how Greek ponies are marked?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:12:05 PM »
:)

The Greek rainbows have the Alpha or Beta symbol under one foot (or even two feet) in some cases! I can't if remember if the rainbow and pegasus ponies have the Alpha and Beta symbols too :blush:

The CP and sitting pose adults, as well as all babies should have nothing under their hooves. In some cases ponies are found with trace or even clear marking under their hooves. It is because when the moulds were made, the Hong Kong mark wasn't properly erased. This is why this mark sometimes looks rubbed or is only partly visible.

You can use other features to be sure of a ponies country of manufacture, this can include; colour and texture of the hair, colour and texture of the body, scent, the type tail washer used, the number of rows of plugs, forelock or lack of forelock, the eye style and colour and finally the symbols.

It's good to research nirvana ponies before you start buying, it will give you a better idea of what they are and what to expect and not to expect.

There are plenty of pictures in the nirvana gallery too ;)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=20319

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:40:17 PM »
To add to PKW's info, Greek ponies are generally more rubbery or squishy.  They come in more pastel colors (for the original 6 and their babies) for the collector pose and babies and the sitting ponies.  The rainbow ponies and unicorns and Pegasus ponies have more vibrant colors.  They will never be an exact match to any of the Hong Kong ponies.  Also, the eyes are more distinct.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »
Thank you both for this information.  It has really helped me. Part of my research was to start this thread. I needed to figure out where to start.  I don't have any Nirvana books so it is new to me, but I am very interested in them.

Oh that link is wonderful. Thank you so much. That is going to help me a lot.  I already see that I love the Greek Moonstone.  Beautiful.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:07:59 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 10:47:44 AM »
Please feel free to ask any questions tulagirl :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal