collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: X-Files fans?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
X-Files fans?
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:03:40 AM »
When I was a teenager, X-Files was just about my fave thing on tv.  :cool: I loved the characters and the stories that would come up each week. I loved the 'monster of the week' stuff more than the ongoing mythology story with the government coverups, but really there wasn't any part of the show I didn't like.

For an early Christmas gift, last month my friend started sharing her Netflix account with me, and low and behold, I discovered Netflix has all of the original 9 seasons!  :biggrin: So I am currently reliving my childhood by watching the show from the start. It's very nostalgic for me, and as an adult I really appreciate some of the very clever writing that I didn't really think about as a kid.

I'm just starting season 3 and I wish I could talk to someone about it, but none of my friends enjoy this genre, and it's hard to find someone online wanting to talk about a two-decade old TV show. XD

So who of us was an X-Phile back in the day? Who still enjoys the show? What did you like about it? Are you an M&S shipper? Tell me all!  :happy:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: X-Files fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »
Me! Me! It's one of my all time favorite shows. I watched it as a teenager and young adult too. I should go back and watch all the seasons again. I totally agree with you that the monsters/problems were better than the conspiracy story arc but I enjoyed everything about the show. My favorites were the funny social critique episodes like the one about the home owners association, but I also really liked the super scary ones. And I'm totally a M&S shipper. For some reason none of my friends were ever into this show, so I'm glad there are others out there who still like it.
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:10:41 PM »
Me! Me too! I watched it back in the day also and loved everything about it. I also liked the monster episodes the best. My favorite and in my opinion the creepiest is 'Home' with the Peacock family *shivers*

I liked it so much back then that I bought a few episodes on VHS, and still have them :lol:

I had rewatched it when the new episodes were first announced and after so many years of NOT seeing it, the later ones with whatshisface really aren't that bad. The second movie I enjoyed quite a lot too. I guess time heals some wounds  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 07:13:18 PM »
We just re-watched it all.... :)  good times!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal