collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Too many sales!  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Too many sales!
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »
All the stores with such good sales, all the new items, and online with free delivery! Is anyone else going a little off kilter with the desire to buy more than they can afford?  :P I locked up my cards! Good thing I only have Netflix and don't have commercials, right?  :blush:

Offline Seachanger

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Too many sales!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »
I'm kind of in the same boat. Thank goodness I only have Netflix too. I try hard not to spoil the kids, but yeah, they're getting a lot of things on their Christmas lists. I also have to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't buy everything I see just because it's on sale. I have a few goodies coming in the mail for myself. Mostly pony things. :satisfied:
Thanks devonshireRed for the avi!

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:25:07 PM »
I'm having the opposite problem! As awesome as these sales all are, I can't find anything I want to buy! Clothes this season haven't really been my sort of thing, and I can't find wave 3 pearlised ponies anywhere

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 01:28:32 PM »
It's so hard x.x

I've been responsible with in person shopping at least. So far the only sale I've hit was for work clothes and sneakers. Spent about $200 but sans sale and discounts it would have been like $700 so...

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 01:37:33 PM »
There are so many ponies I would like to have (Especialy funko mystery minis!) but I am so embarrassed, especially whenever someone I know is around! I always find something rare, but I am too embarrassed to buy it.

Does anyone else feel this way?  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »
There are so many ponies I would like to have (Especialy funko mystery minis!) but I am so embarrassed, especially whenever someone I know is around! I always find something rare, but I am too embarrassed to buy it.

I'm having the opposite problem! As awesome as these sales all are, I can't find anything I want to buy! Clothes this season haven't really been my sort of thing, and I can't find wave 3 pearlised ponies anywhere

The walgreen's on our corner has pearlized nurse redheart, about twenty of them still, and last week they were buy one get one free!

I have no qualms about buying in front of people, but I'm kinda odd.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
Nope, I simply tack on 18.99% of the amount onto the total, plus 5% tax, and it doesn't seem like such a good deal anymore.

I constantly hear my husband's doom and gloom: "we are _______ THOUSAND in debt now!!!"
If only you didn't have to pay credit cards back, LOL!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 08:13:19 PM »

I did for awhile, then I made friends with some people who wouldn't judge me and came up with some snarky remarks if someone did say something. So now they'll just have to deal with my pony loving self.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
Nope, I simply tack on 18.99% of the amount onto the total, plus 5% tax, and it doesn't seem like such a good deal anymore.

I constantly hear my husband's doom and gloom: "we are _______ THOUSAND in debt now!!!"
If only you didn't have to pay credit cards back, LOL!
Yep, this
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »

That's a good idea :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

lostpony

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 10:33:45 PM »

Heck no!  I shamelessly trawl for ponies and have a daily check in at the thrift store for a crack at any ponies they put out before my competition gets it.  I was at Michael's buying my first Mod Podge and trying to find red glitter (sold out for obvious reasons) and was very quick to talk about I wanted it for the red apples on the custom laser-engraved Applejack I'm finishing up for a gift.  I was going to buy the Mod Podge later but I found some huge sleigh bells like 2" diameter on sale and it was the last string of 9....O M G I need those for my pony cosplay.  edited to add: the line was huge but I was in line with an art instructor and picked her brain for what paints are stable on ponies.  Score!

Brandish your pony fan-ness!!

I popped into Target today for only a gallon of milk and almost but didn't resist checking out the pony section and Yay!  They finally have some Guardians of Harmony in and the FS's with the legs that kick seem to be $10 now instead of in the teens.

I don't have any money until Thursday so I shoved a couple I want towards the back....I want Twilight with Thorax and Spike with the Queen....the pairings didn't make sense until I realized that if I get both of those two I get Twilight and Spike as well as both Changelings, soo cool!  as long as they aren't sold by Thursday........yarg hate shopping with no money!!

Get those sales off me ship!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 10:39:42 PM by lostpony »

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 01:33:02 AM »

Haha, not at all! And if there aren't any more customers waiting I sometimes say to the cashier that I collect ponies! I'm terrible, I know they don't really care...

Post Merge: December 14, 2016, 01:33:58 AM

Oh if only they had Walgreen's where I live!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:36:26 AM by CanterCadance »

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 07:01:12 AM »
I'm planning a spree this weekend after payday. Have been having a lot of issues with delayed packages, though, so will prob limit myself to regular stores if the snowstorm isn't too bad. :) I love finding awesome gifts on a really good sale.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »
I do struggle with all the sales as well. I am especially vulnerable to the 50% sales at Gap and all the coupons I get for Macy's and Bath and Body Works.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

lostpony

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »
I'm well known at my thrift haunt for being after ponies.  One of the workers there saw a wooden bead giraffe I found last night, the kind held together with strings that relax and let it collapse when you push the big button under the base? and wanted to buy it off me for like 40 cents more than I paid for it so I said no but if you find any 80's my little ponies we can trade...she doesn't know what that is so I'll show her one and maybe I can get the inside track a little bit that way...

Sometimes checkers at stores ask me about my daughter or comment that I always find her the nicest things etc and I always say they're for me.  If it was awkward or difficult, I'd be paying a whole lot more shipping for sure! 

I was at a used movie store and someone started asking me about what adults see in my little pony and I was like Huh? I had completely forgotten I was wearing a pony shirt.  I didn't even have an answer...fact is, it's irrational and seems kinda weird when I ponder why.  They just make me feel happy and this began at a time when little else did.  It's as simple as that.  I hope that doesn't change.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal