collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pretty Pink Dream Castle!  (Read 589 times)

Offline Gustybv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Pretty Pink Dream Castle!
« on: December 12, 2016, 09:11:13 AM »
This will probably be my last big collection purchase for a while, as I want to save for a plane ticket to England in the spring, but I thought I'd share this one!

I've been searching for a Dream Castle for a very long time, probably as long as I've been collecting! Which is about...since 2002 I want to say; nearly 15 years!

After letting posting after posting slip by because I either didnt have paypal at the time, not enough funds, was too late to purchase when I did have the funds, or the condition of the set wasn't up to my standards, I finally found one on ebay that had been a bid and buy now that had actually expired that no one bid on or purchased! So I contacted the seller and we agreed on a price over pm and they sent it out a few days later.

It could use some mild cleaning in spots, but I will likely wait until warmer weather sets in to give it a scrub down, and Majesty seems to have some cancer spots. I can always replace her if need be and use this one as custom bait or attempt a restore on her, but the rest of the set is complete and I absolutely love it <3

I really wish Hasbro would look back at some of their older play sets and put as much detail into them as they used to. Dream Castle, the Nursery, and Paradise Estate are all wonderful sets, and it saddens me to not see the same level of design when it comes to their newer sets like the Crystal Empire set or Canterlot Castle! They charge enough for them, so why not give it better quality? I haven't bought them for this reason. Hell, even G3 play sets were more elaborate then those! I still have my G3 Celebration Castle and its by far one of my favorites from that era.

tl;dr I finally got a Dream Castle and wish Hasbro would go back to making bigger, more elaborate play sets, especially with what they charge for essentially a plastic cutout...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty Pink Dream Castle!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
Looks very nice  :)  I'd love some playsets but I only just have room for the ponies!

Offline Gustybv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »
Tell me about it, the rest of my collection has taken up all my room, lol. I need a new shelving unit myself.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 09:48:24 AM »
There's a reason I only collect G4s!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:22:43 AM »
I always wanted Dream Castle when I was little (and finally got it when I was about 32, lol). It's an awesome playset. Major congrats on snagging it :frolic:  :xmas:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:37:24 AM »
Dream Castle is awesome. Congrats! It's something I'd love to have someday too, but my space is too limited for now.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal