Site Information > Sigs & Site Support

Search function?

(1/3) > >>

lovesbabysquirmy:
So.... I have been struggling terribly with the search function.  It doesn't seem to work. 

I put in a search term, tell the engine I only want to search ONE subforum, and then it just returns all the posts that have been made in that subforum! 

Trying to re-vamp the Trader List is proving next to impossible if I can't look up an ID, find the thread discussing it, and save the URL...  someone please give me some help or advice... thanks!

Ponyfan:
It hasn't worked for me the last several times I've tried to use it.  :sad: I've had better luck using Google to search for the topic than I've had here.

Ponyfan

EnaRocketQueen:
Ever since I've been properly active on here (about four months now), the search function has worked about 50% of the time. Often reloading the page works though

Taxel:
It absolutely will not work if you're trying to search for multiple words (like "so soft") and seems hit or miss otherwise.

I just Google "mlparena [what I want to search for]" and click for the results from mlparena.com (and then remove "mlparena" from the search bar sometimes). You can do it without the extra steps but I can never remember the exact way to type it in so Google automatically searches a specific site.

lovesbabysquirmy:
Yeah, admittedly I have used the Google + "MLPArena" search before... but I really wish the search engine would work properly again.  :( 

Mods, are there settings tied to the search engine that have been disabled so that non-members can't search, etc.? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version