collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Should we make any modifications to entry 11?

No (but artwork and constellations will have minor update)
12 (27.3%)
Yes, I want different colours (specify in comments)
4 (9.1%)
Yes, I want to see different constellations (specify in comments)
9 (20.5%)
Yes, combine with entry 4
7 (15.9%)
Yes, comine with entry 1
4 (9.1%)
Yes, combine with entry 3 (specify which symbol/s)
2 (4.5%)
Yes, combine with entry 4 and 1
4 (9.1%)
Yes, combine with entry 4 and 3
1 (2.3%)
Yes, combine with entry 1 and 3
0 (0%)
Yes, combine with entry 4, 1, and 3
1 (2.3%)
Other (Let us know in the comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Let's Make a Pony! Round 12: "It's what my cutie mark is telling me~" [RE-VOTE!]  (Read 5578 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Welcome to Let's Make a Pony!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What is Let's Make a Pony?
Spoiler
The basic point of the game is to create a pony as a community through a series of polls. These polls will ask basic questions to determine our ponies physical appearance, most popular choice when the poll is closed wins that round. Since this is supposed to be a fun community game, please feel free to share your opinions and comments in this thread.

Let's see how wild our pony will be!

What's the Purpose?
No real final goal but to have fun and see what we come up with together. I will be drawing it as we go along so we will have a visual representation. If anyone wants to join along with art, a custom, or anything else creative, feel free!  ;)

Appendix
Round 1: Species
Round 2: Gender
Round 3: Age
Round 4: Gimmick
Round 5: Coat Colour
Round 6: Mane Specifics
Round 7: Mane Colours
Round 8: Eye Colour
Round 9: Facial Feature
Round 10: Accessory
Round 11: Theme
Round 12: Symbol/Cutie Mark
Round 13: Name
Round x: Final Design

Last Round.

Space/Celestial kept it's lead, so Nightglider and Milky Way are getting a friend.

Spoiler
About voting.

N/A for now.

For today's poll...

Well, there is no poll today. We're changing things up for now and I'm going to make you guys work a little bit. Now that we know the direction we want 'Arena Pony' to go, we need to talk symbols. So this week let's brainstorm ideas. The universe is literally the limit here, so what imagery does space inspire for you?

If you want to submit artwork, that would be perfect. Line art is best (especially if you can make it transparent), but if you want to add some potential colour options, that is recommended. Also, this is not skill based, so any art you come up with will be wonderful, even if you don't think you're much of an artist. Though, you aren't obligated to submit art. You are free to submit stock photos, stock images (but PLEASE, with either of these, only share what is free use or you have been given permission to share) or detailed descriptions of your ideas, and I can doodle up the line art for you.

This is all to gather some inspiration and potential symbols to tattoo our girl. So even if someone has a similar idea to yours, don't shy away from submitting your own interpretation.

Here are some sample ideas to start off. I'll add more and make some more colour ideas for these as the week progresses.

Just submit your artwork or ideas to this thread. There is no limit to how many designs you submit, the more options we have, the better. I'm thinking a week is enough time to think things over and create, so get your submissions in by Dec. 17th!

Note: Try to keep things simple. We want cute MLP-cartoony images/colouring for the CM, not any photo-realistic vectors.

Note 2: I'm not here to turn down submissions. So be as interpretive and creative as you like. As long as it can be related to the theme it is a valid design. No generic roses or anything, but if you can create a floral-space motif, that would be awesome.

Note 3: Clear away from copyrighted material. An astronaut is fine, Buzz Lightyear not so much. Space technology and sci-fi imagery (rockets, satellites, ufos, etc.) all good, but no Death Stars, Star Gates, or...Star Trek uniforms.

Import disclaimer: Any artwork or creative content you share in this thread may be used or modified, exclusively, for our pony; submitting a design means you agree to share said content with the arena for the purpose of the game. Likewise, submitting a design does not guarantee it will be used for the final pony, and whether it is or not, you are free to recycle your intellectual property for your own personal projects/endeavors. Now I'll stop pretending to play lawyer... :silly:

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything important...

Edit 1.

You guys have already been doing a fine job of putting symbols onto a pony base, but let's get more submissions. Draw your own, fill in royalty free/colouring pages linework, or use the header or this base below.

You can mishmash symbols you find on this thread, or create more ideas, whatever you can think of! Constellations/stars will be up soon!

Reminder: It has been voted that our girl has a cheek symbol, so don't forget to add one! Likewise, forehead and eye CMs have been veto'd.

Final date to submit a symbol-infested pony is Dec. 29th!

Edit 2.

Time to move onto voting! You talented members submitted amazing entries, but we unfortunately can't go with them all! You are given three votes here, pick your favourite/ones you think should be combined. At the end of this voting period, we will decide whether to go with the initial design of the winner, or alter colours/combine symbols with the three runner ups. The current poll will be up until, roughly Jan 5th.

Here are the entries Apologies for the black backgrounds around some (I am completely useless with figuring out how to remove it without manually erasing it).

Edit 3.

Constellations seem like the most wanted theme here. So no matter what there will be a bit of an update to the design to make it look more presentable. Though, to see how much of an update, I want to hear from you! :water: Should we combine the ideas from some of the runner ups? No but change up the colours and designs on the stars. Vote above and verbalize any thoughts in the comments.

Three days should be ample time I 'm sure we're all eager to hit the end, get in your thoughts by Jan. 9th!

Let's get voting!  :frolic:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:47:38 PM by aluke »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Let's Make a Pony! Round 12: "It's what my cutie mark is telling me~"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 03:54:01 AM »
I think a pony shaped constellation would be a cool symbol! Maybe a pegasus since the actual pony is a unicorn? It could have a "messy colored" (like that trend of watercolor logos, if that makes any sense whatsoever) to have a dark blue (or whatever) background so the white stars pop.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:24:11 AM »
I was going to suggest the starbase symbol from Star Fleet Battles.  It's a very simple design, a big circle with six little circles attached to it.  However, I'm having the worst time finding a good picture of a counter of one.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 06:19:27 AM »
I think a pony shaped constellation would be a cool symbol! Maybe a pegasus since the actual pony is a unicorn? It could have a "messy colored" (like that trend of watercolor logos, if that makes any sense whatsoever) to have a dark blue (or whatever) background so the white stars pop.

THIS! I don't even belong in this thread as I missed pretty much every previous chapter, but I just had to say that this is such a cool idea for a symbol. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 08:44:10 AM »
I also think constellations would be nice!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
I wish I had artistic talent for this. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 08:21:55 PM »

Messy coloured as in an aura you mean? And are you thinking more like, a connect the dots pony, or something more ambiguous, like real constellations. It does sound like a cute idea.

I was going to suggest the starbase symbol from Star Fleet Battles.  It's a very simple design, a big circle with six little circles attached to it.  However, I'm having the worst time finding a good picture of a counter of one.

As long as it's not like an icon to Star Trek that sounds really neat. I'm not a Star Trek person though so I have no idea what it looks like.  ^^;

THIS! I don't even belong in this thread as I missed pretty much every previous chapter, but I just had to say that this is such a cool idea for a symbol. :P

You're never too late to join in.  ;)

I also think constellations would be nice!

I know a lot of people mentioned them in the last round. I'm planning on making lots of different star graphics that people can piece together into whatever constellations they like, but that is for the next round.

I wish I had artistic talent for this. :)

Ponyfan

Aww, give yourself more credit. I'm sure you can draw beautifully. :heart:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:32:10 PM »

Messy coloured as in an aura you mean? And are you thinking more like, a connect the dots pony, or something more ambiguous, like real constellations. It does sound like a cute idea.

I was picturing it kind of like this, if that helps? Sort of like someone made "brushstrokes" for the background instead of like a perfect circle, oval, heart, whatever.

As for the stars, definitely closer to connect the dots. Not full on "its just a dotted outline of a pony" since those look kinda weird sometimes but definitely a lot more obvious than real constellations, haha.

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 03:55:14 AM »
Constellations would be amazing! But of course simplified ones since, as you said, we need to stick to cute and cartoony, since that is what MLP is all about! :P

My MLP Tumblr

Yukiru

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 10:49:27 PM »
Hey everyone! I know they're not constellations, but here are a few ideas I wanted to throw out there along with some quick names ;) Sorry it's so messy and small, I hope they all make sense ^^U Feel free to change the colors or combine ideas! Edit: That second one should say "Clouded Dreams" lol

PPS: The names under the bases are to identify the cutie mark, not necessarily the final name of the pony, so feel free to add in your own names/ideas! :D

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:03:51 AM by Yukiru »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »
Omg, I love that UFO/alien symbol!

Yukiru

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »
Omg, I love that UFO/alien symbol!

Thank you! :D That one's probably my favorite, it turned out so well and reads really well too!

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 12:13:34 AM »

I was picturing it kind of like this, if that helps? Sort of like someone made "brushstrokes" for the background instead of like a perfect circle, oval, heart, whatever.

As for the stars, definitely closer to connect the dots. Not full on "its just a dotted outline of a pony" since those look kinda weird sometimes but definitely a lot more obvious than real constellations, haha.

Alrighty, I'll work on some spacey coloured strokes. As I mentioned, I was going to provide stars for people to form constellations, but I can build your pony one as an example. :)

Hey everyone! I know they're not constellations, but here are a few ideas I wanted to throw out there along with some quick names ;) Sorry it's so messy and small, I hope they all make sense ^^U Feel free to change the colors or combine ideas! Edit: That second one should say "Clouded Dreams" lol

Aahhh, such cute designs (no worries about the lack of constellations, it isn't required)! I can't decide which one I like the best. You totally jumped ahead of me for when we put the CMs on the base and the naming round, but these are wonderful and I will keep them handy for the next rounds.  :biggrin:

Also, thanks for bringing up the glowing feature. I forgot to mention gimmicks like glitter and glow is to be decided in this and the next round.

Haha, I feel you on the random illegible letters, my handwriting is worse than a three year olds.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 03:36:53 AM »
Like the Nebulae look.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 04:36:16 AM »
I like Star Ribbon because the symbols are so pony-ish. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal