collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Pick your fave!

A Partridge in a Pear Tree by aluke
21 (42%)
Two Turtle Doves by KookyRaccoon
3 (6%)
Three French Hens by Aflame
3 (6%)
Four Calling Birds by BethMcBeth
7 (14%)
Five Gold Rings by Lovelylittlepony
0 (0%)
Six Geese-a-laying by cannibalism
2 (4%)
Seven Swans-a-swimming by Benuko
0 (0%)
Eight Maids-a-milking by MsMedley
5 (10%)
Nine Ladies Dancing by TwistedRiver
0 (0%)
Ten Lords-a-leaping by Hannah66665
2 (4%)
Eleven Pipers Piping by Ponyqueen
3 (6%)
Twelve Drummers Drumming by Gator
4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: December 14, 2016, 12:36:56 PM

Author Topic: 12 Day of Christmas voting!  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
Re: 12 Day of Christmas voting!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 01:54:58 PM »
Wow, I love all of these!! SO many different styles and interpretations! Great job everyone :D
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:19:48 PM »
So many amazing, fun scenes. :lovey: Will have to take the time to comment on everyone's entries when I have more time.

Bah, the worst part is that we only have one vote, such a tough choice.  :lol:

Offline KookyRaccoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:22:42 PM »
Such nice art! :) Could you write what each one is next to their number ("i.e "12 maids a milking, Partridge in a pear tree etc") I can't remember all the lines, and I'd like to know what some of them represent!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »
Loving the versatility of the entries, everyone did such a wonderful job! :lovey:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »
ooh, jeepers... that was a tricky one this year... there were three I was particularly fond of. Kudos to all the artists!

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »
So many amazing, fun scenes. :lovey: Will have to take the time to comment on everyone's entries when I have more time.

Bwhahahaaa!!! Aluke!!! Yours is super Glossy!! :D
 I know it is hard especially with the way I am credited... :P LOL!!! :silly:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »
My goodness, what ahard choice! Everyone went all out! Love it!
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »

Mine is a complete mess. Yours, on the other hand, is wonderful, and not at all simple like you claim. I love that flowing hair.

When I saw yours I had a complete facepalm moment though. I forgot about Skydancer when thinking of ponies with bird related symbols, especially since I wanted a Pegasus.  All for the best though, because we didn't need to use the same pony.  :P

LOOOL! Shame on you Beth. Don't be a bad influence for Shini! :rofl:

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 05:09:22 AM »
So much nice artwork! Hard to choose just one! <3
You all did great! :D

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 07:53:44 PM »

Mine is a complete mess. Yours, on the other hand, is wonderful, and not at all simple like you claim. I love that flowing hair.

When I saw yours I had a complete facepalm moment though. I forgot about Skydancer when thinking of ponies with bird related symbols, especially since I wanted a Pegasus.  All for the best though, because we didn't need to use the same pony.  :P

LOOOL! Shame on you Beth. Don't be a bad influence for Shini! :rofl:

Aluke!! I totally was thinking of using Feather May!! Becasue she has orange in her mane..... :P But then thought well Skydancer has birds and theres like almost four birds on her symbol lolz. Next year we can plan our ponies better lolz! But yours is still glossy!! I lovveeee that effecg!! I am not sure if I can mimic it with Copics. :P

Bwhahahaaa!!!! :silly: I know!! I am now a bad mother and and a bad influence on Shinji!! XD!!!! He must pilot the EVA!!!! :D :D :D

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:37 AM »
Wow! A lot of votes this year. Thank you everyone who's voted so far. We have a clear leader at the moment (won't say who in case you haven't voted yet).
There's still about a week to go. Will it all change or will out leader run away with it? This is exciting!

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
So many fabulous entries this year! It was really hard to choose a favourite. I think I shall keep it a secret too who I voted for, and leave you all brief comments instead.

Partridge in a Pear Tree
The colouring and texturing is beautiful! I love the peaceful atmosphere, the choice of Feathermay, and the way the tree is wrapped to make it all festive for the season.

Two Turtle Doves
What a hilarious scene! Definitely one of the most creative ideas I've ever seen in this competition. I love the confused face of the second dove!

Three French Hens
"Le cluck" :lmao: I adore this scene too, adding the speech lines was a clever idea and a lovely, subtle nod towards the lyrics. 

Four Calling Birds
Paper art! :heart: Bright colours always appeal to me in pony art, and the contrast between yellow and blue works beautifully. The birds are so cute and I love that they are slightly raised to give it a 3D touch.

Five Golden Rings
Another adorable scene. ^.^ Great use of body language and I like the marker colouring!

Six Geese A-Laying
What a fun idea and great pony choice! I like the bold black linework too.

Seven Swans A-Swimming
Great to see some Tales art! The style is perfectly captured and I love the variety of facial expressions.

Eight Maids A-Milking
Again, great pony choice! Those little milk pails are so cute.

Nine Ladies Dancing
This would make a lovely Christmas card! I like the symmetry of the scene, with the tree placed in the middle, and kudos to you for drawing so many ponies and coming up with so many different poses!

Ten Lords A-Leaping
This is super adorable! A handy choice of a pony too, not only because of the pun but also not having to draw ten ponies. :biggrin: I love the way you painted the ice.

Eleven Pipers Piping
Seriously, I can't stop admiring the amazing ideas you've all come up with for these entries! The Hawaii setting is a lovely change to all the snowy pictures. Beautiful paintwork too, especially the background!

Twelve Drummers Drumming
This, too, would make a perfect greeting card! Love the G1 style and the traditional colouring.

Marvellous job, everyone!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »
Aluke, yours is amazing!  I had Partridge in a Pear tree years ago, and yours is ten times better than anything I could do.  I wish I knew how to do all these amazing techniques you guys use.  I'm stuck with my old pen and watercolor.

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
Long post ahoy!

Aluke!! I totally was thinking of using Feather May!! Becasue she has orange in her mane..... :P But then thought well Skydancer has birds and theres like almost four birds on her symbol lolz. Next year we can plan our ponies better lolz! But yours is still glossy!! I lovveeee that effecg!! I am not sure if I can mimic it with Copics. :P

Bwhahahaaa!!!! :silly: I know!! I am now a bad mother and and a bad influence on Shinji!! XD!!!! He must pilot the EVA!!!! :D :D :D

Omg! Can you imagine? Well, great minds think alike and all that. I'm glad you went with Skydancer, she is so appropriate considering you drew her dancing in the sky. :D I have no talent with markers, but I dunno, I've seen some amazing work with Copics. Digital art is a big fat cheat in my opinion.  ^^;

Lol! Poor Shinji, so much responsibility, but he's got this.

Wow! A lot of votes this year. Thank you everyone who's voted so far. We have a clear leader at the moment (won't say who in case you haven't voted yet).
There's still about a week to go. Will it all change or will out leader run away with it? This is exciting!

Oh! I don't know why, but I thought the votes were hidden until the contest ended, maybe I should save my vote until the last day now.  :lol:

So many fabulous entries this year! It was really hard to choose a favourite. I think I shall keep it a secret too who I voted for, and leave you all brief comments instead.

Partridge in a Pear Tree
The colouring and texturing is beautiful! I love the peaceful atmosphere, the choice of Feathermay, and the way the tree is wrapped to make it all festive for the season.

Thanks for the feedback Griffin.  :heart:

Aluke, yours is amazing!  I had Partridge in a Pear tree years ago, and yours is ten times better than anything I could do.  I wish I knew how to do all these amazing techniques you guys use.  I'm stuck with my old pen and watercolor.

Aw, thanks Gator. I tried looking for your PiaPT art, but I couldn't find it with the arena search. I bet it's a lot more amazing than you're giving credit for. I think your pen and watercolours are beautiful! I'm elaborating below, but I swear you art looks like it jumped out of a child's story/colouring book. If you ever want to foray in digital art, I'd be happy to share whatever help I can.

Now, time for comments!

Turtledoves- Okay, I LOVE puns, so I immediately cracked up when I saw this. I love that little turtle getup with the dove symbol, such a great interpretation.

French Hens- Griffin said it too, but the le clucks got me. I love how you made all the hens different colours, and fantasy colours at that so they look like they came out of the MLP world.

Calling Birds- I already gushed about the hair, but ah the hair! It's so dynamic and alive. Also love the whole cut out paper effect, literally combining arts and crafts.

Golden Rings- Awww, looks like there are going to be two very lucky and happy ponies this Christmas. There's such a sweet little story happening, and their expression and pose say so much.

Geese A Laying- Look'it all those Quackers roaming around. :lol:

Swans A Swimming- I wish I was there with them! I'm so sick of the cold, snowy weather, and it's only just the beginning. I love how dynamic the poses are, you could tell they're haing a lot of fun.

Maids A Milking- Ahh, so cute! The way they're lined up, it looks like they're performing in a of musical or play (Christmas edition of 'Be Our Guest' maybe?) especially with all the matching accessories.

Ladies Dancing- I feel like you captured the atmosphere perfectly. They look really cold in the snow, but the ponies are celebrating and dancing around the tree anyway. Such a festive image.

Lords A Leaping-  :lol: This is so clever and a great laugh. Baby Leaper already has the perfect name to go with the lyrics, and than you threw in all those frogs with the whole prince connotation just hopping about, so perfect!

Pipers Piping- I already mentioned loving puns, but I also love birds, so using a punny way to incorporate them, amazing! :P Also love how you painted the water.

Drummers Drumming- At first glance, I seriously thought this was from a colouring book. The line work is so dynamic and whimsical. Drum roll 'til Christmas, yes?

Everyone did such an amazing job in both imagery, and art. :art: It's seriously tough, but after narrowing it down to two, I think I've made my choice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal