collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mailing Cards Question?  (Read 538 times)

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Mailing Cards Question?
« on: December 03, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
(I hope this is okay to post since it's not pony related. Feel free to delete if it's not.)

Dumb question o'clock here. But I wasn't getting any simple "Yes you can" or "no you can't" answers.

Can I mail a greeting card internationally from home with USPS? I want to join a holiday card exchange on another forum this year, and I don't want to be the only one who can't do international. But the PO hours here are completely incompatible with my schedule since they're not open on weekends, and I can't make it to the one that is by the deadline(this popped up pretty fast.) So I would have to be able to do it from home.

I've never mailed a card overseas before(and I don't even know if I'll end up with a partner outside the US lol), so I don't know if just sticking stamps on it would be enough or not.

So if so, how do you do it? If I do get someone outside the US for a partner, I want to make sure I do everything right so it won't get sent back to me. :) A late card would sort of ruin the fun of the swap for the other person...

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
Re: Mailing Cards Question?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
Yep! Just stick on more postage, you can look up rates depending on location (2 stamps will more than cover most locations for a normal card) you can also buy special stamps especially for international  that are exactly postage.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »
That's great! I'm glad it's actually that simple. :lol: Thanks a lot!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
You need more than two stamps for international.  Its 1.15 per card international most places.  That is more than 2 stamps.  So either put three or get your some smaller value stamps.  Also make sure you put the country under the address and your country under your return address and you are good to go.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »
!! good catch Tula, I had a typo and did not re-read my post to catch it! I'm sorry :( I ment to type 3.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
That's alright! I knew what you meant!  :) I was going to make sure I used the USPS calculator before stamping, since I figured it probably varies a bit from country to country.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal