collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Project MC2 Dolls  (Read 1216 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Project MC2 Dolls
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »
I'm not much of a doll collector (~7 Bratz dolls, 4 EAH dolls, and one LFO doll). However, when I did some online holiday shopping for the family, I couldn't pass up on getting a few Project MC2 dolls for myself. Anyone else collect these?

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Project MC2 Dolls
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
i LOVED project MC2. it was so cute and awesome! i love the dolls too, i picked up an adrienne one the other day at walmart.

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:35:08 AM »
I have the purple-haired Mckeyla in the trench coat and I am waiting for the Adrienne from the same wave to arrive.
I heard a terrible rumor though that the dolls might be getting cancelled and I hope it's not true because I still want some of the dolls from the supposedly upcoming and yet to be released Formal Dress and Basic lines that were recently listed in taobao.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
I have the purple-haired Mckeyla in the trench coat and I am waiting for the Adrienne from the same wave to arrive.
I heard a terrible rumor though that the dolls might be getting cancelled and I hope it's not true because I still want some of the dolls from the supposedly upcoming and yet to be released Formal Dress and Basic lines that were recently listed in taobao.

Could you post the links about the upcoming doll lines? I haven't been able to find anything about any future dolls and I'd love to see/read about what's coming next. I hope they aren't cancelled.

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:18:04 PM »
From what I've heard they might be discontinued in Australia only. They are currently nominated for a TOTY award which hopefully means the doll line itself won't actually be discontinued.
http://www.toyawards.org/toyaward/custom/DollToy.aspx

As for the leaked stuff, these listings have pics of loose/factory rejects of yet to be released or confirmed dolls. From what I've seen they are based off outfits from the show's latest season.

https://world.taobao.com/item/532749265446.htm#detail

https://world.taobao.com/item/532798256932.htm#detail

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 04:27:34 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I haven't watched the show, but I like the unique look the dolls have, especially the eyes. I'm hoping the line introduces some new characters.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 01:00:53 AM »
I'm collecting these. I didn't even realize there was a thread here as well as over at the Monster High Arena. I frequent both forums. So I'll share some pics of my dolls here too.

I love all of them. I have Devon on the way, and currently own McKeyla and Adrianne. I desperately want to own them all, at least all the deluxe versions. The only problems is, the basic dolls have SUCH CUTE CLOTHES!  :heart: :heart: :heart: So I'll probably end up with them too. I have a hard time finding them in stores though so I've taken to ordering offline. My walmart had a teeny tiny three space wide section at the bottom of their shelves. Meijer was a bust. I haven't checked Kmart. Those are the three retailers in my town. We also have discount stores like Ollies and Family Dollar so if I get the chance I might check there too.

But man have you SEEN the prices on ebay???  :shocked: :shocked: Amazon too. They keep going up and up. Which scares me because that might either mean they are really hard to find or they are coming to an end. Which I hope not because it's so hard to find dolls that don't have painted eyes. Plus they have cute little eyelashes and wrinkles on their feet. I'm hoping that the holidays is the reason for the price increase. Hopefully that means they are popular and just hard to find. Supply and demand. Hopefully! Anywho, here's some pics of my girls. Can't wait for my other one to come in the mail.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and with my barbies:

I also took a picture of McKeyla with some other MGA body types to compare. I've noticed that these dolls have some big hips/butts so they couldn't fit in any of the other dolls's pants unfortunately.

What dolls do you guys got? I love seeing pictures besides their stock photos. It gives me a better view of their faces. I really am kicking myself for not buying Ember yesterday off amazon when she was listed at like 25 bucks. Cause even though that's steep, I can't find her for lower than like 50 on ebay or amazon now. It sucks! I hope after the Holiday's their price goes down. I heard there were some dance dolls coming out or might already be out. I think they might have been spotted at Target? I wish I had a target. They always have the best selection of toys.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 01:45:48 AM »
I have Mckeyla lightbulb and camryn's hoverboard on the way.

I have wave 1 Adrienne and deluxe Ember Evergreen currently.

I like the deluxe dolls, but i have to limit myself as i am short of funds, so i only get those experiments that i like. The hoverboard is pretty cool in my opinion as it is something different. most doll lines have RC Cars, motorbikes, or bicycles. But Project Mc2 has a cool hoverboard.

Like you, i was enticed by their eyes and lashes. Very realistic looking toes and feet too. My only complaint is the lack of stands in subsequent waves after wave 1, coz these dolls do suffer from jelly knees and tend to fall over easily.

But the idea of using STEAM and making these dolls is great and educational, and as an adult, i learn something new too! :)

I dont know if the wave with the nice formal dresses will be their last run, since MGA does have a history of discontinuing great doll lines (Bratz, etc). But i do think these dolls will become pricier as they become harder to find.
:happy:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 02:01:33 AM »
Is Camryn's hoverboard different than the skateboard? I really want the skateboard one. But she is SO expensive right now. I've been stalking hardcore on amazon, target, toys r us, and ebay for good prices.

The sad thing about MGA is that they always make the dolls I love the most but they never sell good. I love mattel too but there's something about MGA. They always seem to do something a little different in their doll lines. I sure hope these girls stick around. I adore them. I would be over the moon if they made some boys as well.

Right now my biggest wants are deluxe ember, light up bryden and skateboard camryn. I need to pay off my credit cards so I can do some major online splurging. I spent so much money on christmas so it's hard to spoil myself right now (not that I don't) but it's no holds bar after the holidays.

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 07:10:54 AM »
Is Camryn's hoverboard different than the skateboard? I really want the skateboard one. But she is SO expensive right now. I've been stalking hardcore on amazon, target, toys r us, and ebay for good prices.

The sad thing about MGA is that they always make the dolls I love the most but they never sell good. I love mattel too but there's something about MGA. They always seem to do something a little different in their doll lines. I sure hope these girls stick around. I adore them. I would be over the moon if they made some boys as well.

Right now my biggest wants are deluxe ember, light up bryden and skateboard camryn. I need to pay off my credit cards so I can do some major online splurging. I spent so much money on christmas so it's hard to spoil myself right now (not that I don't) but it's no holds bar after the holidays.

yea the skateboard is different from the hoverboard. The skateboard was the first wave, and its like a "puzzle" so you have to put her skateboard together using blueprints that change colour when u add water.

the hoverboard is remote-controlled, and comes with a stand clip so she can stand on it better, as well as helmet and pads (coz safety). It also lights up and is able to turn 360 and stuff. Really fun for kids i guess.

i believe the skateboard doll was aroundn $20 or 25? when she first came out but i guess now prices have risen coz she is no longer in production, and she is considered as the "signature" doll.

Deluxe ember doll is really pretty. i think its her hair its soo beautiful and her eyes too. When i saw her i knew i had to get her.

haha i know what you mean. Christmas shopping and all, but hopefully they have post christmas clearance sales or something :)

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:01 AM »

yea the skateboard is different from the hoverboard. The skateboard was the first wave, and its like a "puzzle" so you have to put her skateboard together using blueprints that change colour when u add water.

the hoverboard is remote-controlled, and comes with a stand clip so she can stand on it better, as well as helmet and pads (coz safety). It also lights up and is able to turn 360 and stuff. Really fun for kids i guess.

i believe the skateboard doll was aroundn $20 or 25? when she first came out but i guess now prices have risen coz she is no longer in production, and she is considered as the "signature" doll.

Deluxe ember doll is really pretty. i think its her hair its soo beautiful and her eyes too. When i saw her i knew i had to get her.

haha i know what you mean. Christmas shopping and all, but hopefully they have post christmas clearance sales or something :)

It looks like Amazon is getting in some of the older stock again. For Skateboard Camryn, it says in stock as of December 22 for 24.95 so hopefully that means I'll be able to snag her. I really hope after the holidays these girls become less rare. I would really love to have a full collection, at least of the deluxe dolls. I haven't seen the formal dance dolls anywhere yet. I wonder when they are coming out.

I tried watching the show but it's just not for me. I would have loved it when I was younger. I don't watch a lot of TV now though lol

Offline piinkypiie

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:29 AM »

It looks like Amazon is getting in some of the older stock again. For Skateboard Camryn, it says in stock as of December 22 for 24.95 so hopefully that means I'll be able to snag her. I really hope after the holidays these girls become less rare. I would really love to have a full collection, at least of the deluxe dolls. I haven't seen the formal dance dolls anywhere yet. I wonder when they are coming out.

I tried watching the show but it's just not for me. I would have loved it when I was younger. I don't watch a lot of TV now though lol

Oh yay!! Im so happy for you ! Hopefully you can get her! :)

Yea i watched maybe the first episode and i realized it wasnt for me too. (no offence to anyone, but i find bryden's emoji-talk really annoying). But the dolls are amazing so.. :D

Yea! the formal ones look great! Im excited!!

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 10:25:31 AM »
Anyone know when the formals are out? I am in love with Adriannes dress from that line. I haven't seen pictures of all of them yet and they don't have them listed on their official website. I am so in love with these dolls. I can't wait for Devon to arrive so I can get some photos of her. Her hair is so pretty.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
I have the core Ember, McKeyla, Adrienne & Camryn dolls.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »
I have the core Ember, McKeyla, Adrienne & Camryn dolls.

Pictures????  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal