collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yahoo!Japan Auctions, what are the options? Can pay someone for help on 2 items.  (Read 933 times)

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
So long story short, the main thing I collect now, well most of the items I've been hunting down for years are all on Yahoo!Japan Auctions (not pony, please do not worry I'm not buying takara ponies, it's purely Sonic the Hedgehog merchandise I'm after), but I've never used a service for buying from there before. Buyee advertises right on the auction site, so is that the best option?

My only concerns are:
I'm looking at a lot of items around 300, 800 or 1500 yen, and I'm worried cause of shipping I'll end up with a few hundred dollar bill, just from buying a handful of items under $10.
My browser translates listings, but doesn't seem to make it clear how much that seller wants for shipping always.
Are there huge fees from Buyee? Is it very tedious t work with?
I also would be totally willing to pay someone for being the middleman for me for a few important things ending in a day or so, but I'd prefer to be able t buy things myself when needed.
Any help or advice would be appreciated, or if anyone could explain their experiences with shipping cost for cheaper items. Thanks so much. :)
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
I'd recommend using FromJapan. I haven't used it in a while but from what I remember, the price for domestic shipping (from the seller to their warehouse in Japan) will be on the listing.

As far as international shipping goes, it will really depend on what you are buying (how heavy / big it is) + what kind of shipping you choose. The last thing I bought was a large, expensive plushie (I am 99% sure it was airmail but whatever it was it got here within a week) and shipping turned out to be $25. If you're buying a few small figures / plushies shipping probably won't be too bad.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I would normally also suggest FromJapan, but they recently changed their entire system. People are now saying they charge way more than they used to due to it. They can also be a bit hard to navigate for the first time. Make sure to use their pricing calculator to get a general idea of what they'll charge you.

Either way, here's some more choices you can look into;

ShoppingMallJapan - Recently changed their system as well. Lowered their commission fee. May be cheaper than I remember them being before.

Noppin - Probably the priciest of the three. But their service is good. As is their search system.

J-Subculture - I haven't tried them yet because I don't 100% understand their fee process, but they look rather enticing.

On the flipside too, I actually have a lot of Sonic merch I'm looking to sell, so feel free to PM me for what you're looking for. I may be able to help you out. :)

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
I have only ever used Buyee. There may be better services out there, but I have always found their service to be very reliable (quick to ship, never had anything go missing, always answered my questions promptly and professionally). You really do have to watch the fees with any proxy/deputy service though. You have to consider the cost of the item, proxy's fee, domestic shipping, international shipping and fee to combine shipments together if you have more than one item. For cheaper items you have to consider these costs and whether or not it is really worth it to you.

Offline beajjai033

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
I've used foundinJapan for twice now, and the website's owner service is great.
 ^.^
When you look at their website, you can have an idea of how much everything will cost.

It turns out to be a great deal for me when auctions end up for a really great price, as shipping isn't so bad for a doll. International shipping went for more or less $30, but be wary of a bit pricey shipping from Japan to the proxy.
Shipping will probably be less for ponies.

Hope you get what you want :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I always used Noppin from when they were Crescent Shop and they have always come through for me. It's about ten years I've been dealing with them now. In that time period they have chased up bad sellers for me, refunded me out of their pocket when a seller didn't come through, asked all kinds of questions of sellers, acquired from lots of different sites from me, given me a range of shipping calculation options so I can choose the most effective, and always been quick with their communication.

There are a lot of middleman proxies but you need to check the charges and factor that in on your prices. I always do that when I'm buying so the fees don't cause an issue.

One thing with noppin is you have to upload an amount to be able to bid. This is refundable, and determines how high you can bid. I don't know if others do that. It's not really an issue for me because I get the money back when I'm done bidding.

I love buying from yahoo japan. When I first started looking for certain (non pony) Japanese CDs and DVDs that were out of print, it was a godsend. And, most recently, when an issue of an academic journal was out of print on Amazon - auction to the rescue :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:07:31 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline biff

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fakie!
  • ~mew~
    • View Profile
    • Lizzkitt3h's Crafty Things
I personally used Japonica.com last and was pretty happy with them.  Their set up is mostly email based but unlike some other buying services they have an auto sniper program.  If you need help, let me know

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal