collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DollyHair issue (1-4-17 Final update)  (Read 9363 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: DollyHair issue :/
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »
I really wish the phone number for her business worked.  However.... as I understand, it was her PERSONAL home phone number. and the last time that customers flooded her phone with actual, realistic professional complaints about their transactions, she came to all the forums and LAMBASTED everyone for disturbing her home and her children and "don't we have any patience, she's going through this terrible divorce", blah blah blah, no accountibility, no professionalism... 

So I would love to be able to share an actual contact method for her - but she likes to pretend that she's a professional until the going gets tough and then she pulls out all the guilt stops about being a single parent and life is hard, and postage is expensive and filling orders takes time....  :( 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2016, 09:32:35 AM »
Wow... I knew she was a terrible business owner but I didn't know she did that...

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 09:54:07 AM »
So, my question is, where do you buy now?
I mean, Dollyhair has really good hair for ponies, the sending and shipping is long and painful, but in the end it comes home. I have bought 3 times and all the time it was ok with me, even if the delays were a bit longer than expected.
i have tried from Doll Planet, they have a customer service really great. And nice colors but the hair doesn't convince me, I tried to rehair a pony and had to dehair her and rehair with dolly hair because she was punk. The hair did not come down, it remained straight on the pony's head. Even if I wet it and comb it and used pencils to curl it, it recovered the straight position. I still got chunks of hair from them. But since that experience I am affraid of trying some other providers without any advice from people from The arena.
Any one knows better? I like rehairing ponies and I would like to continue doing it, but if dollyhair is doing weird stuff I prefer to try some other seller, but one that works well with ponies.
Any recommendations ?
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2016, 10:38:45 AM »
Retro Dolls is the other supplier I know of. They have a US and a UK store. The US shop is on Etsy and has very good reviews. I haven't bought from either one though.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2016, 05:15:46 PM »
she likes to pretend that she's a professional until the going gets tough and then she pulls out all the guilt stops

Thisthisthis. Also she likes to play the blame game about how all the issues are caused by other people (even her own customers!). I've had two run-ins with her and the last was really bad. I refuse to buy from her.

I get all my hair from RetroDollsUS and have ZERO complaints. It takes a bit of adjusting, but if you want change for the better it takes effort. And the more we as a community move away from DH and help RetroDolls grow the better it can be.

Shannon keeps small hanks in stock, the large hanks need to be pre-ordered from the UK. A lot of people on Facebook will chip in for group orders for those. The hair is 100% as good as what DH sells. It's soft and smooth and style-able. You just need to be sure of what type you are ordering since she carries a big variety. Plenty of them color match original Hasbro hair. She also has frequent coupons and deals, etc.

There really is no reason for anyone to have to put up with DollyHair anymore.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2016, 06:28:09 PM »
Really sad to find out all this after the fact, but at least it was not a big order and I know to never use Dollyhair again.

I plan to escalate my Paypal case on Monday, as I have not had any reply.

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 03:47:32 AM »
Retrodolls is better for me since they are in the Uk so items would arrive faster.
As I said I haven't had any problems with her, but it is only the thirsd time I buy from them. I don't mind changing to another if it is better and does better job.
I already tried once and I regret since the hair is to thick. Like cheap wig hair... so now I have 7 chunks that are useless...but if you say retro dolls is like Hasbro hair I'm on it! Must try them :biggrin:
My wish list
My sales

Offline MissGodiva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Message me on FB at Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 07:40:49 PM »
Finally got my latest order yesterday. I ordered it on Dec 1.
I guess once I get back from Iowa I will have to try retro and others and do some comparion shopping. Ill buy white and try it out and dye it to my needs.
Im just so behyond frustrated at this point. No work from her or paypal yet regarding my money back. But I guess $15 is a small price to pay for a lesson.
:awake:
MissGodiva
m.me/Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
[/font]

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »

I get all my hair from RetroDollsUS and have ZERO complaints. It takes a bit of adjusting, but if you want change for the better it takes effort. And the more we as a community move away from DH and help RetroDolls grow the better it can be.

Shannon keeps small hanks in stock, the large hanks need to be pre-ordered from the UK. A lot of people on Facebook will chip in for group orders for those. The hair is 100% as good as what DH sells. It's soft and smooth and style-able. You just need to be sure of what type you are ordering since she carries a big variety. Plenty of them color match original Hasbro hair. She also has frequent coupons and deals, etc.

Once this mess is over I will try RetroDolls then!

Is the hair just as soft?  Do you think I could do a re-root with a mix of Dollyhair and the RetroDolls nylon?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »
Finally got my latest order yesterday. I ordered it on Dec 1.
I guess once I get back from Iowa I will have to try retro and others and do some comparion shopping. Ill buy white and try it out and dye it to my needs.
Im just so behyond frustrated at this point. No work from her or paypal yet regarding my money back. But I guess $15 is a small price to pay for a lesson.

Keep at it.  The amount is irrelevant, it's the principle of the matter.  If she walked up and stole $15 from your purse, would you shrug and walk away? 

Post about it on social media... get the word out there and get her attention!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
I guess I'm lucky as I've never had issues with Dolly hair.  I ordered twice within the same time frame some of you are saying and got both my orders in about a week.  Is it just random who has problems?

I'd like to try out The Doll Planet, but I find their website so confusing I can barely use it.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »
I guess I'm lucky as I've never had issues with Dolly hair.  I ordered twice within the same time frame some of you are saying and got both my orders in about a week.  Is it just random who has problems?

I'd like to try out The Doll Planet, but I find their website so confusing I can barely use it.
I tried them, they work nice and are kind but I had problems with the hair, it didn't fit the ponies they were punk, so I had to dehaire and rehair again. The quality from Dollyhair is better for me, but she seems to have problems with other buyers.
My wish list
My sales

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 01:49:09 PM »

Once this mess is over I will try RetroDolls then!

Is the hair just as soft?  Do you think I could do a re-root with a mix of Dollyhair and the RetroDolls nylon?

I thought the Retrodolls hair was great

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2016, 01:53:59 PM »

I normally just use their Etsy shop. Their actual website is definitely confusing.

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: DollyHair issue :/ (Update 1-3-17)
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 07:38:07 AM »
So I hadn't checked my email in a few days due to being busy with the holidays and real life stuff.

Amid the many junk emails and ads I see one from Dollyhair.  I have a package on it's way to me. *wow*
No other email, no apology, no explanation.  I am *assuming* it will be the Diamond color I was supposed to receive.

If I do indeed get the Diamond color in the mail I will be dropping the Paypal claim.

I still will NOT be ordering from Dollyhair in the future.  Too much drama and ZERO communication.

*sigh* 

At least I should be getting what I ordered, finally.   :|

(Checking back at my original post, it's been a full month to the day.  And I do not yet have this new package, it just says 'in transit', though it should be here soon as the email was sent on Dec. 30th.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal