collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DollyHair issue (1-4-17 Final update)  (Read 9396 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: DollyHair issue :/
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
Ok, I see.

Well, I am going to email one last time.  If I hear nothing in a few more days I guess I will file with Paypal.  I hate to do that, but... the complete lack of communication is not helpful.  :/

I get that people are saying this is just how this person works, but it's not really good business practice, in my opinion anyway.  Needless to say as a first time customer this caught me off guard completely.  I didn't expect to get no reply whatsoever should an issue come up. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 03:59:54 PM »
Interestingly enough- on another forum I check in with (for fashion dolls) there is someone making the same exact complaints.  I guess she is having issues right now.  I sure hope she gets back to you both eventually...

The fact that she is filling other people's orders doesn't mean she is caught up necessarily- she seems to have people that she prioritizes...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
I get that people are saying this is just how this person works, but it's not really good business practice, in my opinion anyway.  Needless to say as a first time customer this caught me off guard completely.  I didn't expect to get no reply whatsoever should an issue come up. 

People keep buying from her so she has no reason to put in the effort of even halfway decent customer service or keeping orders straight. Any other small business that did this would've failed by now :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 01:10:50 AM »
Ok, I see.

Well, I am going to email one last time.  If I hear nothing in a few more days I guess I will file with Paypal.  I hate to do that, but... the complete lack of communication is not helpful.  :/

I know what u mean. i bought from her previously as a first time customer and total lack of communication and she sent me the wrong hanks, which i sold here anyway. i switched to buying hair from elsewhere.
:happy:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 04:44:51 PM »

People keep buying from her so she has no reason to put in the effort of even halfway decent customer service or keeping orders straight. Any other small business that did this would've failed by now :/

Yes it's very frustrating!  She is on my Bad Trader List but people still continue to give her business!  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »

I think it's because our hair suppliers as so limited and she is more well known for her hair in the community. I love that other sellers have stepped in and are starting to provide alternatives, but she is still the one that pops up the most and even just googling hair to purchase she pops up. Also, it's so hit and miss. Some people never have issues ever and then others it's constant problems.

Yes it's very frustrating!  She is on my Bad Trader List but people still continue to give her business!  :(
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MissGodiva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Message me on FB at Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 05:41:37 PM »
Just send an email myself.
My last shippment went out on the 8th. Still sitting in pre shipment mode.
As well as I got no response regarding my order from 11/26 that went to the wrong addy.
I told her that if I didnt get a response in 24hrs that I would be processing paypal claims.
I hope she comes through. I dont want to spend the first part of my new year testing out new hair suppliers.
:awake:
MissGodiva
m.me/Miss.GodivaPonyCustoms
[/font]

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »
So far I have heard nothing at all.  I am giving her until tomorrow evening, then I am filing with Paypal for item not as described.

This is just sad.   

You would think someone who has been in business for a while would *try* even a little bit to resolve a simple issue.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 02:18:31 AM »
Just send an email myself.
My last shippment went out on the 8th. Still sitting in pre shipment mode.
As well as I got no response regarding my order from 11/26 that went to the wrong addy.
I told her that if I didnt get a response in 24hrs that I would be processing paypal claims.
I hope she comes through. I dont want to spend the first part of my new year testing out new hair suppliers.

At least you'd have new hair to try.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »

It helps that between her and Retrodolls, these are the two primary (only?) sources for buying the range of nylon & seran- for the entire customizing world of doll and pony folks. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 09:39:02 AM »
Basically she still gets business because she has a really good product that no one (?) else does.  Her customer service has always gone in cycles of "great to very poor".  Once it hits rock bottom a bunch of people will drag their problems into the light of day, and suddenly her customer service will be good again.  Until the next time.

I get why people buy from her, I've bought hair from her myself, but it's helpful to know ahead of time that she's unreliable.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 09:53:32 AM »
Yes, low expectations are the key. 

I have bought some pony hair from her that was not available anywhere else.  I went into it knowing of her reputation so it was easier to understand late/weird customer service.

It helps to know that although she is late and disorganized and often ignores emails-  she has never really been known of defrauding anyone, just poor customer service. 

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »
Still not ok in my book.  I will know to avoid Dollyhair in the future.

I have opened a case with Paypal.  However it went to the 3rd party checkout system for the Dollyhair site and not to Dollyhair themselves..  I do not know how this will work out.

I doubt the 3rd party can or will do anything, and in that case I will escalate with Paypal.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »

It helps that between her and Retrodolls, these are the two primary (only?) sources for buying the range of nylon & seran- for the entire customizing world of doll and pony folks.

I did a Doll Planet order recently. The hair I received is absolutely wonderful although the rehairing tool is difficult to use.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
Still not ok in my book.  I will know to avoid Dollyhair in the future.

I have opened a case with Paypal.  However it went to the 3rd party checkout system for the Dollyhair site and not to Dollyhair themselves..  I do not know how this will work out.

I doubt the 3rd party can or will do anything, and in that case I will escalate with Paypal.
I forgot the reason for this but didn't she have so many issues at one point she has to use another party service? I'm unsure it's been ages since I ordered hair.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal