collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For Real?! So Soft Sundance and Megan  (Read 795 times)

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
For Real?! So Soft Sundance and Megan
« on: December 01, 2016, 10:30:11 AM »
There's a brand new Ebay listing for MIB So Soft Sundance and Megan, and the seller has it listed as a BIN for $618.00.  Is that realistic?!  I didn't think so, but maybe I'm missing something.  I have a mint SS Sundance and Megan, but they aren't MIB.  What is driving up that price, or is it just the seller's wishful thinking?

If the seller is someone here on the board, I mean no disrespect, I'm just shocked if that's an accurate value assessment....
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
Re: For Real?! So Soft Sundance and Megan
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:44:03 AM »
That's a lot higher than anything I've seen! But I guess that's the thing with collectibles- they're worth whatever a collector will pay for 'em. I often ponder this when I see that $399 eBay listing for one of the LDC goblets...

...and likewise, no offense intended if the seller is reading this post. Just tough to get my mind around those hefty price tags.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:46:04 AM »
Maybe it was a typo and they were trying to list it for $61.80?   
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline millenium0chi

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »

I don't think so because the seller reduced the price from almost $650.00 and said this was it and they're not entertaining anymore 'best offers.'  LoL
Be a Blessing
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:01:34 AM »
I watch MOCs as I collect them and I've seen quite a few people trying to sell $60-$100 MOCs for several hundreds of dollars. Like $300-$600. I just go heh heh and move on. But anyway, yeah no, that's not the real going price for it. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »

I don't think so because the seller reduced the price from almost $650.00 and said this was it and they're not entertaining anymore 'best offers.'  LoL

I may have seen this seller. I saw a Dance & Prance Pony a while ago with a long rant in the description about how they weren't taking offers and this was the price and we could just like it because they're collectable.

But there is another seller with some MOC ponies at around the $580 mark who does not have that rant in the description. They've dropped theirs down from $600 a time. The ponies in question may be worth around $100 at best.

As a MIP collector it both amuses and annoys me. The first because it's ridiculous - just being MOC doesn't mean you get a high price, it depends on the pony, just as with loose ones, even if the scale is different. And it annoys me because it means that MIP ponies appear at stupid prices that nobody can/will pay. And that gives other people ideas to do the same thing, which is probably what has happened here.

There's one MOC pony that's been on ebay so long that I have used it as a reference in conversation to people several times to settle an accessory question ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:02:16 AM »
My goodness, that's beyond ridiculous!! :yikes: Would anyone really pay that much for an MOC/MIB pony??

If I overprice something, I'll at least bring it down to a more reasonable price if it doesn't sell!! You can't be stubborn when you're trying to get rid of something or else it won't ever sell. Course that's my opinion. :lookround: And if others are saying Megan and Sundance MIB go for less, then I would certainly consider lowering the price.

My MLP Tumblr

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 01:06:37 AM »
I think some people try to earn money selling good stuff but thinking we are desprate to buy. I have seen a Mimic on eBay starting bids at 90€ which would be fine if it wasn't because her hair is beyond messy and she has drawings all over her body. No bids for now which doesn't surprise.
I guess people like this hear that some ponies are sold 3000$ and they try to do the same.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline millenium0chi

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 05:28:51 AM »

I may have seen this seller. I saw a Dance & Prance Pony a while ago with a long rant in the description about how they weren't taking offers and this was the price and we could just like it because they're collectable.

But there is another seller with some MOC ponies at around the $580 mark who does not have that rant in the description. They've dropped theirs down from $600 a time. The ponies in question may be worth around $100 at best.

As a MIP collector it both amuses and annoys me. The first because it's ridiculous - just being MOC doesn't mean you get a high price, it depends on the pony, just as with loose ones, even if the scale is different. And it annoys me because it means that MIP ponies appear at stupid prices that nobody can/will pay. And that gives other people ideas to do the same thing, which is probably what has happened here.

There's one MOC pony that's been on ebay so long that I have used it as a reference in conversation to people several times to settle an accessory question ;)

Yes, this sounds like exactly the same seller...if the price of the item wasn't off-putting enough, the description certainly finishes the job.  Even if the price was reasonable, I don't know that I'd want to buy from someone who has that attitude.

I agree, it makes me laugh, but then I get annoyed about it.  There aren't too many reliable or up-to-date price guides out there, so EBay doubles as a resource for value.  I fear that there will be SOMEONE out there who won't know enough about what they're buying to know that that price is ridiculous and they'll get taken for a lot of money.  That kind of thing hurts the legitimacy of the rest of the community.
Be a Blessing

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
The sad thing to me is that those ponies could be being appreciated in a collection rather than gathering dust in a dealer's attic or store room. And the dealer could have $100 or $150 in hand rather than no money at all because of greed or misinformation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal