collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay problems. Shipping calculator issues.  (Read 1352 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
eBay problems. Shipping calculator issues.
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »
Hello everyone!

So recently I listed my first auction in a long time, and I thought it went ok.  I did however have a problem with the shipping calculator, where it refused to acknowledge that I moved to Japan (even though I changed my address!)  The location even confirmed that the auction was in Japan. 

However, apparently the shipping calculator still assumed with all the editing I made that I was still in the U.S. and even after I thought I had fixed it it apparently still displayed shipping for a box from Japan to the US around $3-4.  To cover myself (just in case of an issue, I don't trust eBay) I did put shipping would be at least $15 in the description- and that's for economy, 2 month, no tracking shipping.  The bidder still misunderstood (not the fault of the bidder, I should have checked if the problem was still there) and there is no way I can send a box from here for that price!  The auction didn't end very high to start with so it would hurt to eat the shipping cost.   

Luckily the winning bidder is a member here, so I think I can resolve the problem (really praying I can without any issues), but still, what a headache!  Has anyone else had this issue?  I want to fix this before I list any more auctions in the future.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: eBay problems. Shipping calculator issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »
Sometimes you have to  not use the calculator and do a flat rate shipping to cover yourself that way.  There is probably still one area you missed updating. It is ridiculous for sure.  Ebay is so difficult to deal with.  What was once so simple is a real pain in the pony mane now.

Please know that ebay's rules say you can not ask your buyer to pay additional shipping fees separate from what your original shipping was.  So if you make a mistake with the shipping in the auction, you can't go back and ask for more money from your buyer.  I don't know what you are going to do about the fact you had it written in the description.  Chances are ebay would still require it to work on checkout. :huh:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:05:08 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
Thank you Tulagirl..ugh.  I'm not sure what to do, I thought I had turned the calculator off too at one point, I guess I hadn't.  I'll have to figure out how to do this (anyone know how to do that?) so next time this doesn't happen again. 

eBay is one giant headache lately, isn't it? :stressed:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:55:39 PM by princessluna11706 »

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »
I am so sorry that happened. It is annoying that you have done everything right and the calculator is still being wacky. You really have to watch that shipping section on eBay... 80% of the time when I'm using their shipping calculator, I'll put in the info, go back and work on the description, then right as I'm about to list I'll notice it has changed the weight (for example, if I put in 5+ to 6lbs, it defaults back to under 1 lb) or changed my "large package" to "envelope" size... it is really ridiculous :( I've just gotten into the habit of triple checking.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 08:42:40 AM »
I say quit using the calculator and come up with a flat rate.  That is what I do.  The calculator is not very dependable sometimes.  If you are going to do international sales you should be able to estimate a shipping quote that will work for all and if there is an overage send a partial refund to your buyer.  Other than calling ebay about it which you can't do easily from Japan. I am not sure another quick fix.

I have noticed that it reverts back too to original settings.  It is not efficient.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:01:30 AM »
It seems like you have to change your address in a half-dozen places on eBay for it to accurately reflect your addy everywhere.  Very annoying!  It still uses my old zip code when I ship . . . Fortunately I only moved two miles so it's the same rate.  But still!  I've changed my address everywhere I can find and it still does that.  Really annoying.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:42:27 AM »
I say quit using the calculator and come up with a flat rate.  That is what I do.  The calculator is not very dependable sometimes.  If you are going to do international sales you should be able to estimate a shipping quote that will work for all and if there is an overage send a partial refund to your buyer.  Other than calling ebay about it which you can't do easily from Japan. I am not sure another quick fix.

I have noticed that it reverts back too to original settings.  It is not efficient.

That's exactly what I wanted to do, quit using the calculator altogether, however it didn't want to turn off >.<  I also had my estimated shipping price in mind.  However, the calculator had other plans, clearly. I have to figure out how to turn it off successfully ^^;;  And yes it does revert!  So annoying :stressed:

It seems like you have to change your address in a half-dozen places on eBay for it to accurately reflect your addy everywhere.  Very annoying!  It still uses my old zip code when I ship . . . Fortunately I only moved two miles so it's the same rate.  But still!  I've changed my address everywhere I can find and it still does that.  Really annoying.

This too yes!  It seems like you have to change your address in 1,365,201 places :lol:  Lucky, yes at least you didn't move far from home so the rate didn't change, though I agree yes but still!  Gah. 

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 06:36:10 AM »
Well blaaaa and boooo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal